** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide.
    Nah, don't think you're going to need for spring week apps tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so either but you can never be too prepared!

ReputationRep:
    Are there interviews for SW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    Are there interviews for SW?
    Lol, ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lol, ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when do they take place?

ReputationRep:
    is spring internship same as spring week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    is spring internship same as spring week
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    when do they take place?
    Depends on when HR start sending them out, but my friends were interviewed around December to end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on when HR start sending them out, but my friends were interviewed around December to end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see. Is there a best time to apply, or is it like UCAS where it doesn't really matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    I see. Is there a best time to apply, or is it like UCAS where it doesn't really matter?
    Preferably by mid October, but some banks open in October itself and some in November. The non-rolling banks are like UCAS for e.g. Oxbridge with a hard deadline but they don't look at applicants until after the deadline. GS falls into this, and their deadline is sometime in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Preferably by mid October, but some banks open in October itself and some in November. The non-rolling banks are like UCAS for e.g. Oxbridge with a hard deadline but they don't look at applicants until after the deadline. GS falls into this, and their deadline is sometime in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a lot of time to prepare. Do universities help with this sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    That's a lot of time to prepare. Do universities help with this sort of thing?
    Depends, if you're at a target/semi target and join the finance soc you'll probably get sick of all the advertising about spring weeks and info sessions etc eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Princepieman Do you know please whether on the applications which ask for your UCAS points you include just your top three A-Levels or all your qualifications worthy of UCAS points? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Princepieman Do you know please whether on the applications which ask for your UCAS points you include just your top three A-Levels or all your qualifications worthy of UCAS points? Thanks
    Top 3, but with some places it's everything. Depends on how the layout is, e.g. JPM's includes everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Top 3, but with some places it's everything. Depends on how the layout is, e.g. JPM's includes everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great, thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm gonna start a history BA at Oxford but have a background in legal work experience and no experience in finance - can I still give IB spring weeks a shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHI)
    Hi, I'm gonna start a history BA at Oxford but have a background in legal work experience and no experience in finance - can I still give IB spring weeks a shot?
    ofc. Maybe consider how you can spin the law exp into the "Why IB" question ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHI)
    Definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of the banks that require cover letters? I think I have seen one previously, but I cannot seem to find it again.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.