Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digistar_100)
    You are talking as if its a personal opinion. Homosexuality is explicitly forbidden and will never be accepted in Islaam, that is a fact and any so called liberal or "moderate" muslims who take any stance other than that should reevaluate their faith.
    It is a matter of interpretation. But leaving that issue aside, I am intrigued by your lack of care for your fellow Ummah.

See, that is not how society works. In any society, there has to be an element of give and take. In fact, it is evolutionary beneficial, and it is how humans have evolved and survived. A classic example of such cooperation is found in penguins in the cold winters of the Antarctic. The penguins huddle together to keep warm so as to survive the cold. However, no penguin would really want to stand on the outside taking the full brunt of the cold. And any penguin stuck on the outside for too long would soon die. What they do then is take it in turns, each taking a turn standing on the outside of the huddle, taking the full force of the Antarctic winter wind. Cooperation, and giving and taking, are the fundamental elements for survival of a social species.

You however want to be the penguin who refuses to give and only takes. You refuse to stand on the outside. You cannot live in a society, refusing to adapt, to give and to take. If you staunchly refuse to help move forwards as a society, and refuse to give and take, how can you expect such a society to be accepting of you?

If you cared about your Ummah, you would realise how important these liberal or moderate Muslims are for your acceptance within society. With your attitude, and growing far right movements in the Western world, we could be possibly walking to a second inquisition or holocaust. The truth is that the liberal and moderate Muslims play a vital role in helping to counter far right groups and their ideologies. It is because such Muslims exist that you are able to live freely. However your attitude is the greatest threat for Muslims as a whole in the West and I will repeat again, the views you express and your attitude makes you culpable for anti-Muslim bigotry suffered by your fellow Muslims in the west.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre taking over our country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    It is a matter of interpretation. But leaving that issue aside, I am intrigued by your lack of care for your fellow Ummah.

See, that is not how society works. In any society, there has to be an element of give and take. In fact, it is evolutionary beneficial, and it is how humans have evolved and survived. A classic example of such cooperation is found in penguins in the cold winters of the Antarctic. The penguins huddle together to keep warm so as to survive the cold. However, no penguin would really want to stand on the outside taking the full brunt of the cold. And any penguin stuck on the outside for too long would soon die. What they do then is take it in turns, each taking a turn standing on the outside of the huddle, taking the full force of the Antarctic winter wind. Cooperation, and giving and taking, are the fundamental elements for survival of a social species.

You however want to be the penguin who refuses to give and only takes. You refuse to stand on the outside. You cannot live in a society, refusing to adapt, to give and to take. If you staunchly refuse to help move forwards as a society, and refuse to give and take, how can you expect such a society to be accepting of you?

If you cared about your Ummah, you would realise how important these liberal or moderate Muslims are for your acceptance within society. With your attitude, and growing far right movements in the Western world, we could be possibly walking to a second inquisition or holocaust. The truth is that the liberal and moderate Muslims play a vital role in helping to counter far right groups and their ideologies. It is because such Muslims exist that you are able to live freely. However your attitude is the greatest threat for Muslims as a whole in the West and I will repeat again, the views you express and your attitude makes you culpable for anti-Muslim bigotry suffered by your fellow Muslims in the west.
    No it really isn't up for interpretation. The moderate muslims you claim which are victims of so called more hardline views is anything but the truth. In fact these moderate muslims are harming the unity of the Ummah, attempting to pick and choose what to believe and worse still propagating alternative views and trying to make whats haraam, halaal.

Your penguin example is laughable since I am not in the "minority" of views within our community. And I can see your underlying theme of bringing in that bull**** theory into the dialogue.

The far right are only responding to Islamaphobic media which is turning regular citizens against muslims, nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    No it really isn't up for interpretation. The moderate muslims you claim which are victims of so called more hardline views is anything but the truth. In fact these moderate muslims are harming the unity of the Ummah, attempting to pick and choose what to believe and worse still propagating alternative views and trying to make whats haraam, halaal.

Your penguin example is laughable since I am not in the "minority" of views within our community. And I can see your underlying theme of bringing in that bull**** theory into the dialogue.

The far right are only responding to Islamaphobic media which is turning regular citizens against muslims, nothing else.
    It is all a matter of interpretation, especially since there is no explicit verse in the Quran condemning homosexuality.

The only people harming the unity of the Ummah are those who go around claiming anybody who holds a different interpretation to themselves as not being true Muslims.

We are talking about British society here. You are a minority in this country.

The media need not say anything when there are people like you about making comments about you are unwilling to compromise and to give and take. It is people who make comments like yours who provide the stories for the media.

ReputationRep:
    Islamaphobic media which is turning regular citizens against muslims, nothing else.
    It is not Islamophobic media turning the general population against Moslems. It is Moslems like you, whether you are in the Moslem mainstream or whether you are in a minority among them. The key point is that you are certainly not part of the UK mainstream, and cannot be with beliefs like yours.

ReputationRep:

The Ummah is already shattered like a broken pane of glass and by the looks of it is becoming more fractured by the day. The united Ummah is nothing but a distant dream.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.