Turn on thread page Beta

Unicorn's Kingdom MKII watch

Announcements

I didn't actually take General Studies. Asking me to take a look at questions for a subject I've never studied and then using my probable inability to do well on them as evidence for their difficulty is an obviously fallacious proof.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How are all my weird and wonderful friends doing?! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I didn't actually take General Studies. Asking me to take a look at questions for a subject I've never studied and then using my probable inability to do well on them as evidence for their difficulty is an obviously fallacious proof.
    we dont study anything on general studies....
    all we do is attending guests - we actually dont do anything on GS like NOTHING...
    we gotta use our brain to do this exam... we haven't been taught for this exam
    so you should try

(Original post by fatima1998)
    all we do is attending guests - we actually dont do anything on GS like NOTHING...
    so you should try
    Meh, I can't be bothered with this. It's mind-numbingly boring.

what club?
    The club of those who prefer essay :mmm:

You're both crazy, in that case. :eviltongue:
    Never pretended I was not
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How are you l'Homme Caché :3 ?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I can't be bothered with this. It's mind-numbingly boring.
    ha ha ha.... just admit that you can't do it
    and we had to do this - 40 Multiple choices and reading those sources which have nooo obvious answers - sometimes its overlap so its more than 2 answers but you gotta choose one so we just guess them...
    essays are completely FINE :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    The club of those who prefer essay :mmm:
    multiple choices are harder than essays :lol:
    joining :
    :teehee:

ha ha ha.... just admit that you can't do it
    and we had to do this - 40 Multiple choices and reading those sources which have nooo obvious answers - sometimes its overlap so its more than 2 answers but you gotta choose one so we just guess them...
    essays are completely FINE :yep:
    I refer you to my previous reply:

For the record, I studied all three sciences and mathematics, and got decent grades in all of them, so I highly doubt that I couldn't do them, if I actually felt like it. :lol:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Never pretended I was not
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How are you l'Homme Caché :3 ?
    Coulda sworn you did... :grumble:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm okay. What about you, unicorn?

ReputationRep:
    joining :
    Those questions in that link are easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I refer you to my previous reply:

For the record, I studied all three sciences and mathematics, and got decent grades in all of them, so I highly doubt that I couldn't do them, if I actually felt like it. :lol:
    and i also refer to my previous reply

so you should try
    we never did anything for GS - they just gave us a mock exam to do so no preparation for that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Those questions in that link are easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do then!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you better not look at the mark scheme

and i also refer to my previous reply

we never did anything for GS - they just gave us a mock exam to do so no preparation for that :yep:
    That's not by design, though. Just means that your school doesn't care to prepare you properly.

ReputationRep:
    do then!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you better not look at the mark scheme
    No, I'm busy. But you just have to think critically, you're not going to find word for word answers in the piece they want you to read, that's the point.

ReputationRep:
    That's not by design, though. Just means that your school doesn't care to prepare you properly.
    you cannot prepare for this exam at all.... there isn't spec to use for revision... so you can't prepare for the exam :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    No, I'm busy. But you just have to think critically, you're not going to find word for word answers in the piece they want you to read, that's the point.
    some of them overlap... there isnt any point of saying when you dont wanna try
    i usually guess them after reading the source because they are rubbish
    essays are the easiest to do :yes:

you cannot prepare for this exam at all.... there isn't spec to use for revision... so you can't prepare for the exam :no:
    Fatima, it's an A Level exam. It's required of exam boards to make exams that can be prepared for. Seriously, ease up on the self-pity.

ReputationRep:
    Fatima, it's an A Level exam. It's required of exam boards to make exams that can be prepared for. Seriously, ease up on the self-pity.
    OMGGGG Haydeman, you CAN'T prepare for it...you really can't
    you just use your BRAIN to answer the question and waffle in essays if you are that smart to pick up the marks

OMGGGG Haydeman, you CAN'T prepared for it...you really can't
    you just use your BRAIN to answer the question and waffle in essays if you are that smart to pick up the marks
    This is true of most if not all the exams that one is likely to face in school.

ReputationRep:
    This is true of most if not all the exams that one is likely to face in school.
    like R.E - i waffled and quoted some bible quotes and got marks...
    in general studies... i think you have to be socially active or you gotta have some sort of experience to do the exam.. like questions about x-factor (never watched it)
    some questions on history - have no idea..

joining :
    :mmm: :mmm:

Coulda sworn you did... :grumble:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm okay. What about you, unicorn?
    This emoji is just too funny :lol: :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hope that okay is good ! :yep: and I'm fine thanks What's up ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.