Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h
    yeah i forgot to put the gradient as = to the normal (((((((((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieH)
    Relatively generous?!?!?! 65/72 last year for an A and 100 UMS was 72/72.

The grade boundaries are incredibly high for C1 and will always probably be since it is often the preferred retake module so when year 13s/ gap-year students retake it they expect to get 100%, hence bringing up the boundaries.
    Oh how wrong I was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h
    Dya reckon I would get a mark for just flipping the gradient (finding the normal gradient) and then writing crosses x when y=0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieH)
    Dya reckon I would get a mark for just flipping the gradient (findings the normal gradient) and then writing crosses x when y=0?
    Yeah probs for finding the gradient of the normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    its a joke mate haha
    Wow you joker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    its a joke mate haha
    Wait are you max Jackson from Ricky school?

ReputationRep:
    As the Jan 11 boundary for an A was 54 and that was easy, surely this will be lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesk123)
    As the Jan 11 boundary for an A was 54 and that was easy, surely this will be lower?
    This is what im hoping for

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying it's lower otherwise I think a lot of people are gonna be in the sh*t including myself

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hope so.

Looking back, it wasnt as hard as it had seemed in the exam hall and I shouldn't have lost as many marks as I did.

Having said that, it is definitely the hardest paper they've ever set - seems like they're trying to make it a lot more difficult to do well, considering I was getting 90%+ on all the past papers.

They should be below 54, no question about it - it was pretty awful by their previous record - however I've got this horrible gut feeling that it's not going to be that low and I'm looking at a B, maybe even a C at this rate if this is anything to go on for C2 and S1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sknmaster)
    I ****ing hope so.

Looking back, it wasnt as hard as it had seemed in the exam hall and I shouldn't have lost as many marks as I did.

Having said that, it is definitely the hardest paper they've ever set - seems like they're trying to make it a lot more difficult to do well, considering I was getting 90%+ on all the past papers.

They should be below 54, no question about it - it was pretty awful by their previous record - however I've got this horrible gut feeling that it's not going to be that low and I'm looking at a B, maybe even a C at this rate if this is anything to go on for C2 and S1.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...hematics-paper guys look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    lol
    Ozil5 suck your mum you wetty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metasysta)
    This is a mark scheme and questions with some worked solutions for todays paper.

Thanks to the people who helped me create this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    For the simultaneous equations question, shouldn't the answers be
    x=3, y=5
    x=-3/5 and y = -29/5

If you put in x=-3 and y=-5 in the second equation: 3x-y-4=0
    -9+5-4=-8

but if you use x=3 and y=5
    you get: 9-5-4=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sknmaster)
    Ozil5 suck your mum you wetty
    your dad shots avon outside of work

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...hematics-paper SIGN THE PETITION PLEASE! - feel free to make a supporting comment too thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, the exam was an absolute gift. We were all talking after the exam about how it was a nice exam.
    Checking the unofficial mark schemes, it appears I am the only person in the world to score well. It wouldn't surprise me if the boundaries weren't high, as the only people who vent on the internet are those who do badly, and no offence; but the people on this thread are a small minority.

ReputationRep:
    seems legitimate

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the question for 5ii)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakepds)
    I don't get it, the exam was an absolute gift. We were all talking after the exam about how it was a nice exam.
    Checking the unofficial mark schemes, it appears I am the only person in the world to score well. It wouldn't surprise me if the boundaries weren't high, as the only people who vent on the internet are those who do badly, and no offence; but the people on this thread are a small minority.
    I guess the problem is that the style of questions were slightly different. Comparing to all the past papers I did, I think this is my worst one so far. But I still think I got around 59-60 marks, which should be enough for a good A, if the grade boundary is lowered. I think the boundary would be around 54-55, not into the 60s though.
    Seems you did well. Well done, are you doing FP1 as well?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.