Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't we have sikhophobia, hinduphobia or buddhismophobia? watch

ReputationRep:
    Islam isn't really a religion

Or didn't really start out as one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Why then, does the US only get around 10% of its oil from the Middle East? (The UK gets about 6%.)
    Surely if all those years of death and destruction was about oil, why is the US now getting less of its oil from Iraq than it was before the war? And why does most of it go to China, India and the Far East?

Hmmm?...
    Don't believe everything you hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachkay)
    Because Islamic countries have the most oil, the USA therefore wants to control anything and everything....they do so by war. How do they get away with it? Brainwash the general public to think that Islam is a disastrous religion full of terrorism. Ha.
    Don't believe everything you hear.
    Especially if it is contradicted by the evidence.
    And it's on a website with "The Truth" in the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Don't believe everything you hear.
    Especially if it is contradicted by the evidence.
    And it's on a website with "The Truth" in the title.
    Okay then, seeing as you believe in everything you hear, and believe every statistical 'evidence' from government, what are your views on 9/11 and how it was caused, oh let me guess 'Bin Laden' because thats what the USA have declared, correct?

ReputationRep:
    Okay then, seeing as you believe in everything you hear, and believe every statistical 'evidence' from government, what are your views on 9/11 and how it was caused, oh let me guess 'Bin Laden' because thats what the USA have declared, correct?
    Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams..... Here we go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    With all due respect, you seem to be under the equally common misconception that a Muslim doing something that is sanctioned in the Quran or sunnah is not a Muslim, simply because that something is violent.

ISIS most certainly are an Islamic organisation, with the vast majority of members being Muslims. A Muslim is a Muslim because they sincerely take the shahada, perform salat, pay zakat, and fast, all in the context of a belief in the truth of the Quran and sunnah. Whether or not they kill people is irrelevant to this - especially if they believe that the killing they do is sanctioned by Allah or Muhammad. And there is plenty of killing sanctioned in the Quran and sunnah, which you would know if you had read them.
    Thank you for your posts. (And for pointing out the typo)

I see you point. There are some points where killing is allowed in Islam (E.G. Death Penalty, Self-Defence, e.t.c) but ISIS kill non-combatants which is most certainly not allowed.

This brings forth the question:

If someone regularly breaks some of the rules of his group/religion/e.t.c but also regularly abides by some of them, does that make him part of that group?

And even so, the actions of ISIS should theoretically not effect Islamophobia here as one should not judge the majority by the actions of the minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams..... Here we go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, i feel the sensation of a debate occurring, however my AS exams start on Monday, afterwards we shall hopefully continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weamy)
    but ISIS kill non-combatants which is most certainly not allowed.
    How, then, did Mohammed and his troops, according to Islamic historians, manage to wipe out whole armies after they had surrendered, including women and children; for instance after Banu Qurayza? A man who has surrendered is the very definition of non-combatant.

The Koran does permit the killing of non-combatants, if they are fighting against Islamic rule, and IS is only following the example of Mohammed.

ReputationRep:
    If you are gonna ask this then you might as well ask why we don't have a word for anti-sematism? It is nearly as prevalent as islamophobia and for every one Jew there are about 250+ muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    How, then, did Mohammed and his troops, according to Islamic historians, manage to wipe out whole armies after they had surrendered, including women and children; for instance after Banu Qurayza? A man who has surrendered is the very definition of non-combatant.

The Koran does permit the killing of non-combatants, if they are fighting against Islamic rule, and IS is only following the example of Mohammed.
    Well, I've never heard of this, so could you please provide evidence?

Anyway, Abu Bakr (A close companion of Muhammed) said this:

‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoteLeave)
    Pizzlasm
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weamy)
    Well, I've never heard of this, so could you please provide evidence?
    Start off with the Wikipedia Banu Qurayza article and follow the references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weamy)

‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm;
    Unfortunately, Abu Bakr was not the prophet, the model of behaviour for all men to follow in all times. What Mohammed did is of far more importance, especially since the Koran forbids men to add to or interpret its message. The Koran clearly states (at 5:33, for instance) that any killing is OK if it is of people who fight Allah's message.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then, seeing as you believe in everything you hear,
    But I don't.
    I don't beleive your crackpot conspiracy theories, for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weamy)
    Thank you for your posts. (And for pointing out the typo)

I see you point. There are some points where killing is allowed in Islam (E.G. Death Penalty, Self-Defence, e.t.c) but ISIS kill non-combatants which is most certainly not allowed.
    Muhammad killed non-combatants, so to those who believe that his example is perfect and to be emulated whenever possible, it is allowed if the circumstances warrant it.

This brings forth the question:

If someone regularly breaks some of the rules of his group/religion/e.t.c but also regularly abides by some of them, does that make him part of that group?
    It depends on the rules of that group. And remember that every Muslim cherry-picks their Islam to some extent. For every instruction or permission, there is usually a contradictory position somewhere.
    ISIS concentrate on the passages dealing with expansion and purification. Others favour passages about peace and tolerance. It is inevitable given human nature and the ambiguous and contradictory nature of the texts.

[/quote]And even so, the actions of ISIS should theoretically not effect Islamophobia here as one should not judge the majority by the actions of the minority.[/quote] Most of what is called "Islamophobia" can be classed in two ways:
    1. Criticism of Islamic ideology
    2. Racism/xenophobia against Muslims
    Neither of these are are greatly, if at all, influenced by the actions of ISIS and the like.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's all about 神風*(かみかぜ). Those religions have no groups of suicide bombers. Those Muslim terrorists always killed people who don't agree with them. Also they destroyed relics & historic sites.

Surely they will destroy the entire world if they have got weapons of mass destruction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.