Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteTigerKURD)

T to the center and AT form a right angle triangle, as it is a normal to a tangent. So then you could use what you know, AT is 6 or whatever it said and the radius you know is root65 so then just had to use Pythagoras
    AT was 4, so 65 + 4^2 = 81. Root 81 = 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtjtim)
    √65 for the radius, so 9 for AT.
    Yes ... Don't want to sound smug but i think i got 75/75 ... Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Yes ... Don't want to sound smug but i think i got 75/75 ... Wbu?
    I'd really like an A - so 65 + would be nice. Did I get it? I think so.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Hope you all do great on Core 1 and get what you're hoping for

Core 2 is next Wednesday... There's a thread located here -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4077807

Good Luck for your other exams

ReputationRep:
    Mark Scheme with some workings etc.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf MarkSchemeV2.pdf (112.5 KB, 662 views)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, all I have are the answers here right now.
    Ok thank you, no problem

ReputationRep:
    Question to whoever can answer:

On the integration question where it asked to find area of shaded region, I integrated the equation for line PQ, but instead of using the x-values for P and Q as my limits, i realised too late that I used the x-values for P and R. Had i used the right values my answer would've been correct, but unfortunately it was not. Do you think i would get any methods marks or have i lost all three there?

I'm just seriously kicking myself for making such a silly error that has probably cost me 3 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how many marks each question was worth?

ReputationRep:
    For question 8 I'm pretty sure they gave DY over dx as 54 + 27x - 6x^2 then you had to find the second derivative and from that prove x = -1.5 had a minimum. This right?

ReputationRep:
    You have to work out the length of AC and the distance is the radius. I got it wrong too but my maths teacher explained it to me

ReputationRep:
    Mark Scheme with some workings etc.
    On question 6c there was no need to label the x intercepts as the question stated only the y intercept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    For question 8 I'm pretty sure they gave DY over dx as 54 + 27x - 6x^2 then you had to find the second derivative and from that prove x = -1.5 had a minimum. This right?
    That's what I remember as well, and it worked out to zero when i substituted -1.5 into it, HOWEVER, i used the cancelled down version where it was 18+9x-2x^2, so for the second derivative i used 9-4x instead of 27-12x, therefore my answer was 15 instead of 45, which was still more than zero so i showed it was a minimum, but do you think I'd have lost marks there?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find really hard core 2 questions?

ReputationRep:
    I think I sadly lost around 8 marks, as I ****ed up, despite the fact I have been getting 100ums all year which makes me really upset I think I can still get an A tho on this exam of the grade blindsides at low, what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    Haha I did the exact same thing - even drew a diagram. But C being the midpoint does seem to be the correct method though sadly, but it'd be great if we still got 2/2 marks for it anyway.
    Did the same,we pretty much did it like a vectors question which is C4 :P

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get any resources for Core 2 other than aqa website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicine71012)
    Where can I get any resources for Core 2 other than aqa website?
    mrbartonmaths.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackthornRose)
    That's what I remember as well, and it worked out to zero when i substituted -1.5 into it, HOWEVER, i used the cancelled down version where it was 18+9x-2x^2, so for the second derivative i used 9-4x instead of 27-12x, therefore my answer was 15 instead of 45, which was still more than zero so i showed it was a minimum, but do you think I'd have lost marks there?
    I'd think you lose 1 but not too sure too be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desperial)
    what did you lot get for the integration "shaded area" bit? I got something stupid low. like 1.75 I think it was
    I got 11.25 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    I'd think you lose 1 but not too sure too be honest
    Ok thanks. I guess one isn't too bad. Hopefully.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.