Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    for goldman application, what is the difference between sales and trading and investing ? when you choose securities division?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which MS IBD groups are very strong in EMEA and worldwide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWScandic)
    Also interested in the JPM 10-spring internship in London (IBD). They had it this year. Don't know whether to apply FT or hold out for the spring application if it happens to appear
    Same here! Doubt it will open later though. They have a spring internship for Milan listed, but not for London. Let me know if you find any more info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths degree)
    for goldman application, what is the difference between sales and trading and investing ? when you choose securities division?
    http://www.goldmansachs.com/what-we-...ing/index.html

http://www.goldmansachs.com/what-we-...ing/index.html

Investing includes all the groups within SSG, it is from what I can recollect extremely difficult to get into (much like MBD their private equity platform) so unless you're truly enamored and interested by working in a sort of pseudo hedge fund that mostly does debt, convertibles etc investing then I wouldn't bother.

It's also completely different to what you'd do in S&T.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goldman application: when entering grade (out of 30 in my case) I can only choose whole numbers, while my GPA is decimal. Logic says that >= .5 the GPA is rounded up, but I'm not 100% sure... does anyone know more?

ReputationRep:
    have people bought any practice test packages? and if so which would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Which divisions did you guy choose for Goldman, given that we got 3 choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    Which divisions did you guy choose for Goldman, given that we got 3 choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't look at it as if you must choose 3 divisions

ReputationRep:
    how are people preparing? my cv and cover letter are ready to go! whats the next steps of prep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    how are people preparing? my cv and cover letter are ready to go! whats the next steps of prep
    If you are happy with your app you could prep for next stages... tests, interviews (phone, video and in person), how you could network, etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone having PwC phone interview preparation? Can you message me the questions that came up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the application process for Actuarial summer internship at PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Don't look at it as if you must choose 3 divisions
    I applied for investment management. What are you thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    I applied for investment management. What are you thinking of doing?
    Did you choose AM or PWM? And do you know why PWM isn't part of GSAM? And if there are other significant differences? (Sorry for the firing of questions)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give a more in-depth explanation of Corporate Banking vs IBD in JPM? And what exactly does investor services do?

ReputationRep:
    Pheww... Spent the past two hours going through all 21 pages on this thread. Finally caught up lol

*Hi everyone*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Did you choose AM or PWM? And do you know why PWM isn't part of GSAM? And if there are other significant differences? (Sorry for the firing of questions)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Check GS website for these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Can anyone give a more in-depth explanation of Corporate Banking vs IBD in JPM? And what exactly does investor services do?
    Corporate Banking is more about running the company - you run it by allocating and managing the finance of it. IB is less personal - you raise capital and help it in M&As
    They're very similar though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Lending vs capital raising and m&a advisory, that's pretty much it. Corporate banking is business and commercial banking but to corporate clients, so product offerings are lines of credit, debt revolvers etc

Investor services is prime brokerage, back office services (trade clearance), financing for large trades, managing collateral, etc.. It's pretty much an outsourced operations and financing arm for institutional investors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lending vs capital raising and m&a advisory, that's pretty much it. Corporate banking is business and commercial banking but to corporate clients, so product offerings are lines of credit, debt revolvers etc

Investor services is prime brokerage, back office services (trade clearance), financing for large trades, managing collateral, etc.. It's pretty much an outsourced operations and financing arm for institutional investors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    out of interest is treasury services also back office? know a mate at jpm doing it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.