Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahrez)
    That would be a solid A maybe even A*
    I really do hope so!! I want an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLukeAi)
    Ah ok thankyou would I get 2 marks for what i put then?
    I'm not sure by I'm guessing so seeing as you got the correct method and values but just did the wrong thing at the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliej2802)
    Did anyone else put 22 degrees, think i messed it up
    yh man answer was 78 didnt realise it but we will still get 2 marks for working out but not 3 coz we didnt get correct answer

ReputationRep:
    For 5, will I get a mark for saying energy as wasted as light and sound energy?

ReputationRep:
    for the mug question, would power rating of the heater be a factor?

a response would be much appreciated :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_account)
    For 5, will I get a mark for saying energy as wasted as light and sound energy?
    almost certainly :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliej2802)
    Did anyone else put 22 degrees, think i messed it up
    yup

ReputationRep:
    The irony in some of these comments.... "With harsh marking, I got around 50 something out of 60... what do you think this will be?"

Jesus christ... you didn't get that many marks if you can't figure out that is automatically an A*...

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    for the rural one i put that the distance between the rural area and the power stations would be too great therefore too much thermal energy would be lost through the cables and it would be too inefficient :/ would that be right?

ReputationRep:
    For the similarities of microwaves and infrared can you say they have high frequencies and short wavelengths? ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammyBandhu68)
    Grade boundary predictions?
    I reckon 49 = A*
    40 = A
    31 = B
    22 = C

Also, for the mug one, when it talks about how to get more heat energy, would changing the material of the wire be worth any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsoules)
    The irony in some of these comments.... "With harsh marking, I got around 50 something out of 60... what do you think this will be?"

Jesus christ... you didn't get that many marks if you can't figure out that is automatically an A*...
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    A* - 46

A - 38

B - 29

C - 22

D - who cares

People are well overestimating the grade boundaries. Especially those who frequent this website. That goes for all the science AQA exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram235)
    I know you have read it during revision but firstly when u think about it, diffraction increases when the wavelength is longer in comparison to the gap. I have checked with numerous people and all the physics teachers at my school agreed with me , trust me I'm 110% sure I'm right !!
    I'm sorry but I disagree, look it up!! If you put that as your answer then I'm pretty sure you got it wrong, sorry. If the slit is smaller, the waves bend/diffract more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ingu28)
    I agree with rihana.c... I am pretty sure diffraction is greatest when the gap is the same size as the wavelength. If you check bbc bitesize, it says "When a wave passes through a gap the diffraction effect is greatest when the width of the gap is about the same size as the wavelength of the wave."
    Thank you!! I am pretty sure that is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsoules)
    A* - 46

A - 38

B - 29

C - 22

D - who cares

People are well overestimating the grade boundaries. Especially those who frequent this website. That goes for all the science AQA exams.
    But the thing is, grade boundaries do get higher year by year, that's just a trend in AQA grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t10r)
    But the thing is, grade boundaries do get higher year by year, that's just a trend in AQA grade boundaries.
    No they do not. There is evidence that proves it.44-46-43-47 were the last 4 years A* boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    What is 46/60 likely to be?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be this year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.