Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    You will be penalized for putting 120 (and you would also be penalized for putting 1i80 anyways because they are all 90 in an octahedral), and the shape was seesaw BAs: 90, 120, 180 for the second one so you'll lose that mark. I think it was /4 so you'll get 2 marks.
    It was out of six.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xambercx)
    Thanks lol
    Mans tryna make moves and u just deaded his line hahahhah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studious_Student)
    You could use the observation for the CuCO3 ion I guess, however just saying effervescence was sufficient.
    Did bubbles of gas count? ( I didn't want to risk spelling effervescence wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    You will be penalized for putting 120 (and you would also be penalized for putting 180 anyways because they are all 90 in an octahedral), and the shape was seesaw BAs: 90, 120, 180 for the second one so you'll lose that mark. I think it was /4 so you'll get 2 marks.
    Did the lone pair not effect the bond angle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackmilne95)
    Did the lone pair not effect the bond angle?
    Yeah I took 2.5 off of 90 and 120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsieMC)
    Did bubbles of gas count? ( I didn't want to risk spelling effervescence wrong)
    I think so...our teacher always taught us to use effervescence because it would definitely be accepted. It should be though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studious_Student)
    I think so...our teacher always taught us to use effervescence because it would definitely be accepted. It should be though.
    Fingers crossed eh?

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed eh?
    Yup! I messed up the Element Y question + the Vdw + the last part of the mass calculation and the noble gas calculations, hopefully I still have enough for an A...

ReputationRep:
    It was out of six.
    Even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    Even better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I drew the right shape for sf6 and right angle. Got the wrong angle for sf4. The right bondin and electron pairs but not seesaw shape how many marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    Even better.
    I think I got full marks on that one

ReputationRep:
    for the separation of CH3OH and CH3SH could you say just 'chromatography'? or would you have to say Gas liquid chromatography.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I took 2.5 off of 90 and 120
    Cool, i did the same thing. I didn't remember ever seeing 87.5 and 117.5 in notes or books though, so i wasnt sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potato cell)
    for the separation of CH3OH and CH3SH could you say just 'chromatography'? or would you have to say Gas liquid chromatography.
    Was this even a question? I don't remember anything requiring chromatography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xambercx)
    For the splitting molecule question or whatever it was I got C14H28 not C14H30 so where did I go wrong???

Made so many mistakes 🙄 This was supposed to be my easiest exam
    The compound split into one mole of octane (C8H18), one mole of butene (C4H8) and one mole of ethene (C2H4)

So C8H18 + C4H8 + C2H4 --> C14H30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackmilne95)
    Was this even a question? I don't remember anything requiring chromatography
    i believe you could have put fractional distillation aswell... the question about separating the two molecules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potato cell)
    i believe you could have put fractional distillation aswell... the question about separating the two molecules
    GLC is required

ReputationRep:
    Oh I am so screwed dammmmmn

ReputationRep:
    I drew the right shape for sf6 and right angle. Got the wrong angle for sf4. The right bondin and electron pairs but not seesaw shape how many marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    Well, rather than dwelling on a paper that has passed by now, isn't it better that we start doing CHEM2 and CHEM4 practice on the thread now?

It's best to prepare well for the next and to stop making more silly mistakes and dwell on the subsequent papers too. Let's prepare well and get a good start to these next few Units.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.