Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)
    Are you AS or A2? A2
    What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Physics
    To which university are you hoping to go? Imperial
    To study which subject? MEng Electronic and Information Engineering
    If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAA (Dropped Chemistry)
    What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA, A* in Maths
    What grades are*you predicted? A*A*A* How did your exams go? They were okay, but did below my expectation on a few, especially AQA C3, could make me end up going to my insurance :no:
    How are you feeling about results day? Actually terrified now that my exams are over, the bloody wait is what's making me die.
    Anything else to add? Going to commit day before if grade boundaries are high for C3.. Although I do really like my insurance choice, Southampton.
    Basically exactly how I feel. Okay generally, but worried about a couple of exams and really don't want to end up at my insurance.

Terrifying innit. I thought AS was bad...A2 is another level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Basically exactly how I feel. Okay generally, but worried about a couple of exams and really don't want to end up at my insurance.

Terrifying innit. I thought AS was bad...A2 is another level.
    Right, like I'm trying to distract myself so much but everyday I just keep thinking about it all the time. Just wish we could all find out a lot sooner.

What's so bad with your insurance btw? Personally, I'd never insure somewhere where I wouldn't want to go, but that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you AS or A2?
    AS
    What subjects are you taking?
    Maths, further maths, physics and economics
    To which university are you hoping to go?
    A good one
    To study what?
    Maths
    What grades are required for your desired degree
    A*A*A
    What grades are you predicted?
    AAAA (AS)
    How did your exams go?
    Pretty well
    How are you feeling about results day?
    Sh!tting my self lmaooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lailapianai)
    Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile
    imagine Ramadan and having to fast during your exams, religious events don't and shouldn't have ANY say on when exams should be just deal with it

ReputationRep:
    I'm *****ing myself for the Edexcel Business Studies results.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for ABCD in my AS results😁

ReputationRep:
    With regards to new AS level spec how do people think the grade boundaries will differ, especially for sciences as there are no more ISA's and it's also the first year of the new spec..
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Had a total of 3 results day dreams last night one good 2 bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Had a total of 3 results day dreams last night one good 2 bad.
    same , ive been getting dreams
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

I got my results two years ago but I still dream about A-Level results day (and they're usually not good ones)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I missed out, I only got around 1 dream about results day at A-level, and so far have only had one for uni. :hide: both the frustrating ones where you don't see what you get.

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream that a got an A* in my biology which is weird considering I'm sure I flopped that first exam. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMPhys)
    With regards to new AS level spec how do people think the grade boundaries will differ, especially for sciences as there are no more ISA's and it's also the first year of the new spec..
    Pretty sure they will be low. If you look at the boundaries for the 'old' spec, they were way lower in the few years that in recent years. So I guess the same will happen with the new specs.

ReputationRep:
    Bit late to the party, but oh well...

Are you AS or A2?
    A2
    Psychology, Biology, Maths, AS Further Maths
    Cambridge
    To study what?
    Psychology
    A*AA
    A*A*A*a
    How did your exams go?
    Mixed bag. Psych went great (but OCR can drop you to 3/15 for misinterpreting a question so....), bio was pretty good (50/50 on the A*). Maths and FM were going good until my last two exams, which were both terrible Probably missed the A* and the a there...
    Uncomfortable. I've probably got the A* in Psych but it's not a safe subject to be relying on, and Bio could go either way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)
    Right, like I'm trying to distract myself so much but everyday I just keep thinking about it all the time. Just wish we could all find out a lot sooner.

What's so bad with your insurance btw? Personally, I'd never insure somewhere where I wouldn't want to go, but that's just me.
    Well it's not like I hate my insurance, which is Manchester. But insurance is second choice, and seeing as you have to insure somewhere, you kind of end up insuring somewhere ideally you don't want to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I missed out, I only got around 1 dream about results day at A-level, and so far have only had one for uni. :hide: both the frustrating ones where you don't see what you get.
    I remember having one about a month ago and what happened was I got E's in everything and also was attached a letter from the exam board saying how they know i cheated by using ' model answers' and I was crying ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Well it's not like I hate my insurance, which is Manchester. But insurance is second choice, and seeing as you have to insure somewhere, you kind of end up insuring somewhere ideally you don't want to go.
    my insurance is manchester as well aha but I really loved it so I will be equally happy if i end up there
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I remember having one about a month ago and what happened was I got E's in everything and also was attached a letter from the exam board saying how they know i cheated by using ' model answers' and I was crying ...
    Well.. you did use model answers

Just after the exam :lol:

Are you AS or A2?
    A2
    Biology, Chemistry and Maths (+ EPQ if anyone cares)
    Cambridge
    To study what?
    Natural Sciences (Biological)
    A*A*A
    A*A*A* (A in EPQ)
    How did your exams go?
    Generally okay, I'm not really sure how to feel about them tbh. I messed up two maths units but I'm hoping my UMS from last year is high enough to scrape an A in maths (no A* :cry:)
    I have a long list of unpleasant things I'd rather do than recieve my results :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Well.. you did use model answers

Just after the exam :lol:
    I used my own model answers for psychology but that isn't exactly cheating... and yeh i have throughly examined all the maths model answers cause i have nothing better to do in my summer..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.