Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingYusHalo)
    I've checked everywhere and it's quite distressing for me.

Imperial is my top choice I'm really worried that they might have lost my application
    :cry:
    I don't think I received any confirmation at all when I applied last year. Only received emails about stuff like "check the website while you wait", and that was more than 10 days after I had sent my application. I sent my application on the 14th of October last year and the first email I received was on the 22nd titled "Find out about student life at Imperial", which as far as I know is not a confirmation email.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,if Imperial invites you to an admissions day for an interview, does this mean that they are likely to make you an offer, or do they invite a lot of people and use the interview to "cull the herd". How much weight do they place on the interview?

ReputationRep:
    1. Course: Mathematics (G103)
    2. GCSE: A^ in Further Maths, 8A*s, 4As
    3. AS actual: AAAAB in Maths,F.Maths,Phys,Chem,Bio with A(Prediction) in Additional F.Maths
    4. A-Levels actual- A*A*A in Maths, F.Maths,Phys with A*(Prediction) in Additional F.Maths + got 3,3 in STEP (totally disappointed) with a few marks away from 2.
    Applied to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Durham, UCL all for straight Maths.
    I'm on a gap year and reapplying and I'm sitting AFM (AS+A2), STEP I,II,III, MAT and AEA this year.

Does anyone know how many marks roughly do you have to get in the MAT for Imperial for students taking a gap year? In the recent past papers I've been doing so far under strict time limits I'm averaging around 70. Would that be enough?
    Also, does Imperial consider UMS marks because I got 96%, 97%, 94% for Maths, F.Maths and Physics for AS and 97%, 95%, 91% in Maths, F.Maths, Physics overall for AS+A2.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a response back about biomedical engineering yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarriorKnight15)
    Same :-)
    Oh exciting! I'm feeling pretty nervous for tomorrow, how far are you traveling? There's only going to be twelve of us so that should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10daveywi)
    Hi,if Imperial invites you to an admissions day for an interview, does this mean that they are likely to make you an offer, or do they invite a lot of people and use the interview to "cull the herd". How much weight do they place on the interview?
    It depends on the subject. For physics, I heard that they interview about 50% and give an offer to roughly 70% of those interviewed

ReputationRep:
    Just got my acknowledgement yesterday for Aeronautical Engineering. Has anyone been invited for an interview or asked for extra info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyvips)
    Just got my acknowledgement yesterday for Aeronautical Engineering. Has anyone been invited for an interview or asked for extra info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what does the email say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Mechanical engineering interviews?
    I received an invitation for an interview this morning, mine is on the 16th November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixWings)
    I received an invitation for an interview this morning, mine is on the 16th November
    Congratulations! May I ask when it was that you submitted your UCAS form? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Congratulations! May I ask when it was that you submitted your UCAS form? Thanks
    Thank you

I submitted mine at the end of September, but I assume they have "batches" of applicants coming in for the applicant day and interview. The Mechanical Engineering department website isn't too helpful in terms of the application process but Electrical has the interview dates and the last ones are in March so Mechanical is probably the same.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

I submitted mine at the end of September, but I assume they have "batches" of applicants coming in for the applicant day and interview. The Mechanical Engineering department website isn't too helpful in terms of the application process but Electrical has the interview dates and the last ones are in March so Mechanical is probably the same.
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Best of luck
    Thank you, you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davozgenius)
    what does the email say?
    Basically saying thanks for the application etc.
    It was sent from [email protected] but I haven't received any fee status questionnaires

What did your email say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyvips)
    Basically saying thanks for the application etc.
    It was sent from [email protected] but I haven't received any fee status questionnaires

What did your email say?
    I got 2
    the first one asked me to fill fee status and send it back and when i did they replied saying i should log on to the applicant area??? they didnt give me any login details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davozgenius)
    I got 2
    the first one asked me to fill fee status and send it back and when i did they replied saying i should log on to the applicant area??? they didnt give me any login details
    That's strange... when did you apply??

ReputationRep:
    What are your AS grades, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    What are your AS grades, if you don't mind me asking?
    Further maths: A
    Physics: A
    Computing: A
    General studies: E

And I did Maths a year early (so I've finished it now) and got an A*

ReputationRep:
    Further maths: A
    Physics: A
    Computing: A
    General studies: E

And I did Maths a year early (so I've finished it now) and got an A*
    Awesome, you should be safe with an offer then hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if you are supposed to receive emails notifying us they have our applications soon after sending it off?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 18, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.