Announcements
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    That's the same length as mine - it's just that mine is from 2:28 to 21:47

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And here I was thinking mine was long...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussxni19)
    How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.
    oh wow, and i thought my iftar was late at 9:30.
    even though its long its not so bad coz im able to distract myself e.g. with exam. hows it like for u since ur one is really long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    And here I was thinking mine was long...
    How long is yours??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams2210)
    i dont even get eid money anymore
    How come????

ReputationRep:
    im too old?

ReputationRep:
    im too old?
    looool that "?"

And yeah same, rip eid money and rip things to do on eid.

ReputationRep:
    im too old?
    Oh, i expect to never stop recieving eid money.... even my parents get Eid money from their parents and auntys ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    looool that "?"

And yeah same, rip eid money and rip things to do on eid.
    that "?" symbolises my resentment of growing up. quite emotional knowing theres no more eid money and i have to work for my money now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    Oh, i expect to never stop recieving eid money.... even my parents get Eid money from their parents and auntys ect
    wow u should say alhamdulillah for that i would love that to happen loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Hello there everyone, and welcome to this thread. I haven't seen a thread dedicated to Ramadan as yet, so let's make this into one.

Let's talk about Ramadan and Eid. I'm not sure how it goes in the UK, but over here, we're observing the first fast. So far it's going great. I was quite apprehensive about this year though, what with my horrible tooth condition and all :ashamed:

One thing I'm really delighted about this Ramadan is the fact that my birthday falls on the first day of Eid :party::party: :woo:

What about you peeps? How's it going? I'll tag some users on here so they can join the discussion :yep:

And HAnwar I'd really appreciate it if you could tag some more users who are active in the ISOC. I don't know them all well enough
    in de uk going sooooooo easy alhamdullilah

ReputationRep:
    that "?" symbolises my resentment of growing up. quite emotional knowing theres no more eid money and i have to work for my money now.
    don't be too sad little one, all will be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Thanks
    How many hours do you have to fast? We fast for 14.5 hours

Kel 3aam ou enti bikhair :hugs:
    20 hrs for me and going easy as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    some sunni's are starting tomorrow aswell i think its to do with different places, I know london has started theirs today aswell,
    aha I feel super blessed when I have an exam and I'm fasting, gives me confidence idk why ahaha
    yeh bcz majority sunni follow saudi but the other suuni which do it the next day folllow morroco or south africa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    Is Chewing Gum allowed? Is brushing your teeth with paste allowed whilst fasting?
    chewing gum is haram brushing wiv paste is makrrooh veryy closer to haram use miswaak it will remove bad breath and lots of benefits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    am i the only one fasting tomorrow??
    r u a barelwi?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    How long is yours??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From 2:40 to about 9:15. This is my first full Ramadan I'll be spending in the UK after about 4/5 years - usually I'm in the Middle East and they're nice and easy there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khalessi_)
    First fast today 😊😊 going great, a bit hungry now lol but not long left now. I need you guys opinion on something.....I have an exam tomorrow do you think I should fast??
    reply a bit late sorry nut no not a good enough excusee life is a test suffering occurs and in de prophets time when people were at war they were fasting so not good enough excuse bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    Ramadan kareem everyone

Why do some people start fasting tomorrow?? Every year i find someone is fasting 1 day later lol
    all to do wiv following saudi and south africa wana know more contact me on inbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Is it ok to delay Ramadan for exams ?
    Whats the rule for this ?
    not ok as life is a test suffering occurs and during prophets time they use to fast during wars so not enough excuses bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussxni19)
    How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.
    13:26-~21:33

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.