Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    I got mine yesterday morning
    I think it was due to it being the weekend - as soon I opened my emails yesterday morning i had all 5 conformation emails.
    Has yours come yet?
    Yeah I got my acknowledgement about an hour after my reply haha~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    I applied on the 7th and still only have the acknowledgment email
    It depends on the admission tutor. Some will do their assessments as they receive the UCAS applications where as other will wait for i.e every 50 then assess them. I've been told they also do it in bands. I.e all A* and A students at GCSE get assessed first. But i think they do the bulk assessment instead of a First round approach.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone advise me on whether I should bother applying?
    My other choices are ucl, kings, Warwick, Bham and maybe nots if not lse.
    I got AAAB at AS and 4A*s 6As 1B at GCSE.
    AAC at A level in maths econ and further maths
    Retaking the C and taking history to A2
    Want to apply to international relations and history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella909)
    Just trying to see if anyone has got an email about their application undergoing initial assessment-have only received confirmation so far :/
    Hi, I'm applying for IR and History, submitted on 13/10/16, got my confirmation on 14/10/16 and my 'initial review' email on 24/10/16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    It depends on the admission tutor. Some will do their assessments as they receive the UCAS applications where as other will wait for i.e every 50 then assess them. I've been told they also do it in bands. I.e all A* and A students at GCSE get assessed first. But i think they do the bulk assessment instead of a First round approach.
    Hmm maybe I have good grades so I guess I'll just have to wait :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how competitive it will be once we reach the further assessment stage? My course is 8:1 according to the website (maths with econ) and I wanted to know what we will be assessed from now on,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaiCurtis)
    Hi, I'm applying for IR and History, submitted on 13/10/16, got my confirmation on 14/10/16 and my 'initial review' email on 24/10/16
    I'm applying for IR and History too I finally got my initial review email yesterday as well, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    No, I just mean I didn't get a certificate for my grades yet.
    If you took an official exam, then you need to mention it.
    Example: Even people who take STEP (which is an extra exam for some maths applicants are told to mention their grades in it even if they messed up).

ReputationRep:
    Have any Economics applicants heard back from LSE after submitting their UMS form?

ReputationRep:
    Just send in my application for Bsc Finance

Now I can finally focus on my A levels (Singapore student here A level starting in two weeks time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leporisa)

Now I can finally focus on my A levels (Singapore student here A level starting in two weeks time)
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them

ReputationRep:

Hey there I am applying for bsc finance too. Atlast I got a company

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christy98)
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them
    Thank you ! good luck for both of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Hey there I am applying for bsc finance too. Atlast I got a company

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes we have talked before. Have you sent in your application? I bet our wait will be longer than most of our friends because Finance is kind of new. They need more time to assess all the applicants before deciding who to send the offer

Nevertheless good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yes we have talked before. Have you sent in your application? I bet our wait will be longer than most of our friends because Finance is kind of new. They need more time to assess all the applicants before deciding who to send the offer

Nevertheless good luck!
    Actually you might hear sooner since the number of applicants is less.
    However, they give out offers in small groups. Usually they responded on Thursdays and Fridays.

Last year, there were days that they just rejected people and days when they just gave out offers. It was very stressing.

ReputationRep:

Nevertheless good luck!
    Yeah! I had send off my application by 12th of this month

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Have any Economics applicants heard back from LSE after submitting their UMS form?
    I got my 8 week email yesterday (applied 05/10, UMS asked 10/10)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FHL123)
    Can anyone advise me on whether I should bother applying?
    My other choices are ucl, kings, Warwick, Bham and maybe nots if not lse.
    I got AAAB at AS and 4A*s 6As 1B at GCSE.
    AAC at A level in maths econ and further maths
    Retaking the C and taking history to A2
    Want to apply to international relations and history
    Which course at UCL are you applying to, i thought they didn't do IR. My choices after LSE are King's, Notts, Man and Bham. I have the same gcse results as you, but our school didn't do AS this year (apart from geography, i got an A thank god). What are your predicted grades? Im applying for just IR btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    Does anyone know how competitive it will be once we reach the further assessment stage? My course is 8:1 according to the website (maths with econ) and I wanted to know what we will be assessed from now on,,,
    It actually has a 34% acceptance rate, so still competitive but not as competitive as 12.5%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many offers they give out for straight econ and how many people usually apply for that course ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.