Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional&Operational Delivery Higher Officer&Officer Caseworker Belfast watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass1988)
    Wondering now what the Christmas holidays there are like haha. Have a friend in civil service in Scotland that's office is **** for 2 weeks. Doubt we'd get that though.
    In NICS we are closed 26-28 (mon-wed)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)
    In NICS we are closed 26-28 (mon-wed)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Going to be a bummer losing the early christmas pay day with NICS too lol. we were due to get paid on the 21st this December. Going to last working day of the month with HMRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikalM)
    Going to be a bummer losing the early christmas pay day with NICS too lol. we were due to get paid on the 21st this December. Going to last working day of the month with HMRC.
    Think I asked someone about this before as far as I'm aware it's just Xmas day/Boxing day and days in lieu if it falls on a weekend day. You have an extra day or somethin for the Queens birthday but apart from that there's no closed offices etc from like 22nd/23rd to January 2nd/3rd... you could always use leave tho etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezxo)
    Ive heard nothing about band O posts as yet and there's a girl in our office waiting to hear.
    So a bunch of us have our dates for 28th November but over in Lisburn, I guess space really is at a premium in Belfast. Is there any word on where/when for the new regional centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    So a bunch of us have our dates for 28th November but over in Lisburn, I guess space really is at a premium in Belfast. Is there any word on where/when for the new regional centre?
    Is that the complex being built perhaps in titanic quarter atm? It must be opening soon as custom house is to close in 2017/18 financial year

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get a provisional offer for the Glasgow office in August and is still waiting for the disclosure to finish? I Got asked to send the health declaration again last week, even though I sent it in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wksr;[url="tel:68329830")
    68329830[/url]]Did anyone else get a provisional offer for the Glasgow office in August and is still waiting for the disclosure to finish? I Got asked to send the health declaration again last week, even though I sent it in September!
    I am for Belfast. I submitted the access ni check 5 days ago and it is still waiting for hmrc to go in and approve so it can be started.

Also waiting on an OH referral.

ReputationRep:
    Papasmurf for my 2066/15 application I got my OH assist letter last week and was waiting on an AccessNi email and didn't get any, but a DBS application was made on my behalf on Oct 26 and was completed today. Caught me by surprise as I thought 2066 was AccessNi and not DBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMK2016)
    Papasmurf for my 2066/15 application I got my OH assist letter last week and was waiting on an AccessNi email and didn't get any, but a DBS application was made on my behalf on Oct 26 and was completed today. Caught me by surprise as I thought 2066 was AccessNi and not DBS

As part of the next steps, I completed DBS information on 11th September, but still got an Access Ni email. And completed the OH letter and completed the online part last Friday I think it was.

Where did you see a DBS application had been made on your behalf?

My Access NI email was on 26th, which i completed the same day, but according tot he website, it still needs a go ahead from HMRC, for them to start the checks

ReputationRep:
    I rang DBS and they give me a reference number which I tracked and it showed as completed 1st Nov

ReputationRep:
    I rang DBS and they give me a reference number which I tracked and it showed as completed 1st Nov

Hmmm..unless the DBS application filled in is sent on to Access NI authorities by CSR? sounds odd

ReputationRep:
    We wil be working for mainland civil service so need DBS, as theoretically we could be based anywhere in U.K.
    We also need AccessNI as DBS only covers mainland. Both required. If it was NICS, only AccessNI required.

ReputationRep:
    Did u get both DBS and AccessNi certificates?

ReputationRep:
    Did u get both DBS and AccessNi certificates?

It is a bit of a nonsense because NI is the UK regardless of the whole political dimension .... fact is it's still the UK so I don't see why you need 2 versions of the same thing . Bit like the driving licence.. if you move from GB to NI you need a different driving licence. So stupid

ReputationRep:
    All gone very quiet on here, lol, so, who else is for Lisburn on 28th? So far I know of myself, Cass, Mikal and Mikals colleague(?). All reporting to Colum. I think smart casual has to be the order of the day. Gonna have to stock up on the Pro-plus I think!

ReputationRep:
    All gone very quiet on here, lol, so, who else is for Lisburn on 28th? So far I know of myself, Cass, Mikal and Mikals colleague(?). All reporting to Colum. I think smart casual has to be the order of the day. Gonna have to stock up on the Pro-plus I think!
    My checks are all complete - heard nothing more since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    My checks are all complete - heard nothing more since
    Was just over two weeks between checks complete and formal offer for me, so I'd say you could be joining us in Lisburn on the 28th yet!

ReputationRep:
    I still have not had checks complete yet. Although AccessNI was completed today, so I am probably still a few weeks away from checks complete and formal offer, and then a notice period to serve.

Still hoping for before Christmas, but looking less and less likely each day.

ReputationRep:
    Was just over two weeks between checks complete and formal offer for me, so I'd say you could be joining us in Lisburn on the 28th yet!
    Hmm. Not sure. Wouldn't give much time for notice period. They would have contact me like...... tomorrow or Thursday for that to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaSmurf46)
    I still have not had checks complete yet. Although AccessNI was completed today, so I am probably still a few weeks away from checks complete and formal offer, and then a notice period to serve.

Still hoping for before Christmas, but looking less and less likely each day.
    AccessNI is last part of checks so potentially formal offer in a couple of weeks going by my timeline so far.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.