Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Easier said than done lol. It's a shame because I hear loads of people are playing it around London.
    Yet I've been out the house and seen no obvious signs of this obsession everyone's talking about.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I'm playing pokemon go :excited: I choose squirtle as my starter pokemon and I just caught a rattata in my house

Edit: Just caught pidgey, I haven't even left my house and already caught 3 pokemons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Quote as promised... Pokemon Go has now been officially released in the UK.

If you've downloaded the APK file you should be able to install the app from the play store and log in as usual

Spoiler:
    Show

I've been playing it for over a week now, but thanks for the heads up .

Saw quite a few people have downloaded it since its release earlier this morning. Not really sure why people didn't just download the APK, they could have had it for a week already.

Quick tip: Save as many evolutions as you can. At level 8 you will get a lucky egg, which doubles your xp. You get 1k xp per evolution, so this doubles to 2k (+500xp if it's a new Pokemon, which is also doubled) giving you a possible 3k xp per evolution. If you've saved 10 evolutions until then (or just bought a lucky egg from the store) you've got an easy 30k xp.

Also, savour those easy levels now, currently it takes me 20k xp to level up D:

ReputationRep:
    Is possible to battle against other players ..?

ReputationRep:
    Too bad it doesn't have multiplayer fucntion :sad: , would have loved to play against some Fellow TSRarians here XD lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    If you mean multiplayer then no, it's not aviailable yet

ReputationRep:
    Not at the moment at least. Most you can do is battle the other player Pokemon that they've left at the gyms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I've been interested over the past week or so to see what the play value (is that the right term?) is - it feels like it might be a bit of a gimmick which gets boring after a while :beard:
    I didn't uninstall due to gameplay - I did it because it was getting in the way of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    It doesn't use too much data actually. About 5-8mb per hour i'd say. I've been playing since Monday and haven't used much at all.
    I get 250mb per month so not sure if that's a lot. It takes 172mb to download I think? I've already used about 30mb so I'd only have 50mb left and it doesn't get refreshed until early-mid August. 50mb might give me a couple-few days of playing it, so not sure if I should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    I didn't uninstall due to gameplay - I did it because it was getting in the way of life.
    ...that's waht I like to hear

Glad you've overcome your addiction though

ReputationRep:
    Servers down for anyone else?

ReputationRep:

The real deal ladies and gentlemen.

ReputationRep:
    If you already have the apk do youu have to download this? Also wtf is team Red winning. Team Yellow all the way.

ReputationRep:
    How do I get more coins? Or really anything for that matter I don't really understand the concept - there don't seem to be any battles or ways to evolve your Pokemon? You just wander around throwing balls at them - is it simply a collection game? And the pokestops- nothing happens when I'm near one? Am I completely missing the point here?*

ReputationRep:
    yeah once you reach level 5 at a Pokemon gym or something it comes up. I went to one and it said I have to be a level 5. It was near a primary and it was playtime was very awkward walking past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Arab Guy)

The real deal ladies and gentlemen.
    lool :rofl: whats with the voice lol?? sounds like you need a cough medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    How do I get more coins? Or really anything for that matter I don't really understand the concept - there don't seem to be any battles or ways to evolve your Pokemon? You just wander around throwing balls at them - is it simply a collection game? And the pokestops- nothing happens when I'm near one? Am I completely missing the point here?*
    1/ You can get more coins by using real money. Or you can conquer gyms and press the shield on the right top corner of the shop. This gives you a bonus if you have a gym in possession.
    2/ The battles are at gyms.
    3/ You evolve by getting candy specific to the pokemon and stardust by capturing other Pokemon.
    4/ At a Pokestop you spin the coin and you tap on the items that come out.
    Hope I helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    lool :rofl: whats with the voice lol?? sounds like you need a cough medicine
    LOOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    1/ You can get more coins by using real money. Or you can conquer gyms and press the shield on the right top corner of the shop. This gives you a bonus if you have a gym in possession.
    2/ The battles are at gyms.
    3/ You evolve by getting candy specific to the pokemon and stardust by capturing other Pokemon.
    4/ At a Pokestop you spin the coin and you tap on the items that come out.
    Hope I helped!
    so basically I have to pay as I can't level up my Pokemon without buying them candy?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Yet I've been out the house and seen no obvious signs of this obsession everyone's talking about.
    I meant central London. But I live in north London and I saw a big group playing it around our local market square earlier. And my sister apparently saw loads in our local park.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.