The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I went for Valencia, Stones, Baines and Terry and got 2's across the board. I like the idea of a good defence but not many people seem to go with it as so many value defenders come along. Other disappointments were Firmino and Tadic. Tadic is such ridiculous value though so he's hard to get rid of. Annoyingly I dropped Redmond and Lamela so feel a bit stupid, but Tadic to Lamela seems sensible. If Firmino is outperformed again (seems to be an issue because Liverpool will score a lot) then I'll switch to Coutinho or Mane.*
    I'm liking the look of Ivan, Azpi, Valencia, Clyne. Ivan was definitely looking like there's more of a spark there than last year and was linking up well with Willian

I decided against Liverpool MF's because they just seem a complete headache. It's clear they're all going to score well enough this season because they've got goals in them, I guess the question is whether there's better value out there in players like Siggy, Snodgrass, Barkley, William, Lamela, Tadic, Redmond etc.* I'm a big fan of penalty takers so my MF is Mahrez, Tadic, Barkley, Hazard, Aguero and will be Deeney in a few weeks. **

Lamela is definitely an interesting prospect, though I think Tadic to KdB might be my next move

ReputationRep:
    Andre Ayew out for 4 months. Mane muscle injury rather than shoulder injury as 1st feared.

ReputationRep:
    How come there's no H2H league this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    How come there's no H2H league this year?
    There is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    There is
    Ooh. Got the code?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Ooh. Got the code?
    I'm not sure where to find it!

sr90 made it though so he'll know - can you join H2H after season start anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'm not sure where to find it!

sr90 made it though so he'll know - can you join H2H after season start anyway?
    Ah, fair enough. I have no idea, I'll just stick to the main one I think

ReputationRep:
    I think I was the worst performer in the TSR league for GW1 with a shocking 25 points. I've made 2 changes in the hope I'll fare better this week.

ReputationRep:
    I got bored and hit the Wildcard after week one. So yeah, i'll be that person.

8 changes. Welcome to Penalty Kick FC

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 14.37.19.png
Views: 94
Size:  272.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ben Tekky at 7.4 is very tempting now he's moved

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)

You reckon Barkley will take them over Baines?

Disappointed you've wildcarded. You're a pro now.

I will definitely be getting Benteke.*

ReputationRep:

You're gonna have a week where they all miss penalties...

Is it possible to get a minus score in a GW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ben Tekky at 7.4 is very tempting now he's moved

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Benteke is a brilliant option at £7.4m and I can see him going ham at Palace.

The problem is I have Zlatan, Aguero and Diomande.
    I don't think I could ever lose Aguero but I can see Zlatan having a good season too.

If I'm letting go of the big man, I'm definitely gonna need a United midfielder to compensate.
    Thoughts on who? I was thinking Martial.

ReputationRep:

He probably won't play tomorrow will he?

I'm gonna do Ibra and Ibe to Benteke and Martial.
    Think I'll wait until after this week though so I don't have to take a hit and to gauge how things go.

For all I know, a key player will get injured or somebody will unexpectedly perform really well.

ReputationRep:

Baines is the one player i'm umming and erring over. My bench defenders have decent games, so i may opt for Baines this week.*

ReputationRep:
    Guys - don't forget that cut off is tonight at 7pm due to the Man Utd/Southampton game.

Who should I swap Alli out for? 8.5mil is too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Also been on the wildcard train since Monday.

Jakupovic Heaton
    McAuley Stones Amat Azpi Walker
    Barkley Rodwell Martial Redmond Coutinho
    Aguero Ibra Negredo

Those bandwagons :coma:

Just a little bit concerned about rolling without Mahrez.

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thought's on the best MF for a single GW from this selection?

Lamela (CPL)
    Wijnaldum (BUR)
    Tadic (mun)
    Sterling (sto)
    Mata (SOT)

I'm erring towards Wijnaldum and Sterling. Though Crystal Palace may well find themselves pinned back without Boalasie. Lamela could be an option

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thought's on the best MF for a single GW from this selection?

Lamela (CPL)
    Wijnaldum (BUR)
    Tadic (mun)
    Sterling (sto)
    Mata (SOT)

I'm erring towards Wijnaldum and Sterling. Though Crystal Palace may well find themselves pinned back without Boalasie. Lamela could be an option
    Sterling looks like the best pick from that lot. With Given in nets i'd back City to win 2/3 nil. Any love for Cazorla?

ReputationRep:
    Ibra out for Benteke is a given for me next gw. Will have two free transfers, not sure who to get with the second. Tadic out for Firminho is tempting...Lamela is a decent shout as well.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.