Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    You need to stop your racist and bigoted views, you are clearly anti-sematic.
    You're not worth any more of my time. Keep on keeping on keyboard warrior :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahorizon)
    It honestly does not invalidate my point (as much as you would like it to) since I wrote that at midnight before results day and I was stressed-mistakes happen.What makes them different? They were both political.
    Another lie. Again, you have no clue what you are talking about, the Imam shooting was not political, at least there is no evidence to suggest that, you really don't have a clue do you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Can you give me an example?and Fox News's insightful report about how Birmingham is 100% Muslim isn't a reliable source, just in case you were wondering
    Rinkeby in Stockholm, Molenbeek in Brussels, Nelson Lancashire, Grigny Paris.

ReputationRep:
    Aliberalstresss has really upped the ante on this asinine thread!

ReputationRep:
    Let me explain to you the process of radicalisation.

1. We have a normal Muslim who is content with their lives.
    2. Something bad happens to their life, something 'bad' can be their country becoming war-torn, them becoming involved in petty theft/crime, them being imprisoned, them being persecuted.
    3. In response to this bad thing happening, they develop hateful feelings.
    4. The current atmosphere in the world of Islamophobia, racial violence and hatred is a perfect catalyst for these hateful feelings to develop sympathy for radicals.
    5. This sympathy leads to curiosity, which makes them malleable to what these groups say
    6. The individual becomes isolated from society, and believes the propaganda by extremist groups because it legitimises their hateful feelings.
    7. They join the group or commit an atrocity in the name of this group.

As it is already obvious, religion is a tiny factor in this. The 'extremist groups' that these people resort to could just as easily be far right-wing or other terrorist groups, but it is Islamist extremists because of the way that they use social media and indoctrinate young people.

So blaming religion is as stupid as blaming the computer monitors through which they find out about these extremists.

Its not a case of these people waking up one day and deciding to kill in the name of Islam.
    This could only apply to post 9/11, ME military intervention.
    I asked why, pre-military intervention, there were Islamist terrorists from peaceful, strable, prosperous Islamic countries.

Also, the pathway you describe could apply to pretty much anyone, yet we see a preponerance of Muslims being radicalised. Where are all the Christian, Hindu, Sikh and atheist extremists? Or are you saying that nothing bad ever happens to people from those groups. What about other groups who have been on the recieving end of persecution and discrimination? Gays, Blacks, Asians. Where is there representation in the ranks of the radicalised?
    Your argument fails utterly.

ReputationRep:
    Answer my previous question please.

Do you believe the 1.6 billion Muslims who evidently don't 'strike the heads off non-believers' are true Muslims?
    It depends on the interpretation. But you don't need to act on everything in the Quran as long as you believe it to be the true and perfect word of god. Not everything in the Quran is compulsory, but if it is permitted, then it is permissible.

I take it from your reluctance to answer my question that you do consider only the peaceful interpretations to be valid.
    On wht do you base that conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding? The fact that most western Muslims readily adapt Islam and combine it with western society is a straight-forward example of this. You're just chatting ****.
    You seem to misunderstand the fundamental nature of Islamic ideology. If you reject or ignore parts of it, you have committed kufr and are no longer a Muslim. Now obviously, those doing the rejecting will disagree and claim to be still Muslims (and I would support them in this - it is the way forward for Islam), but the likes of ISIS, salafis, classical and modern scholars, the majority of those on ISOC here, etc, would brand them as munafiq or murtad, to be punished with death under a fully compliant sharia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otah007)
    So if I told you to 'go break a leg' you would literally go and break someone's leg? Taking the literal meaning with no a) context b) understanding c) knowledge of the language and d) ignoring that phrases don't always mean the words they consist of, is not representative of what it actually means. 'Go break a leg' means 'perform well', in the context of a musical or theatrical performance, not to go injure people.
    That doesn't really apply to the perfect and final word of god containing the ultimate guide for all humanity though.
    If god says "x", you kinda assume that he means "x", not "not x".

ReputationRep:
    One singular case study is not representative of anything
    Yet your holiday excursion to a "Traditional Muslim Village and craft workshop" is representative of everything. How convenient!

ReputationRep:
    Are these women suffering, though? Their way of society is viewed in the same way as democracy is viewed by us. Go into a Muslim country and ask the women how they feel.
    Ah, cultural relativism.
    An individual that has known nothing but daily beatings and ritual humiliation may profess to be content with their lot - but that does not make it acceptable to others. And who is to say that they won't appreciate a better life if provided for them?

You are displaying the soft racism of low expectations again.

ReputationRep:
    You've misread the majority of my posts, I accept that Islam is a factor, but it is a factor not worth attacking because believe it or not, yelling "Mohammed was a pedo" or instantly attributing all Muslims with terrorism or oppression has made very few Muslims convert to atheism, if any.

Instead, work to find out why people resort to extremism in the first place.
    Most critics of Islam do not yell "Muhammad was a pedo" of call all Muslims terrorists. They simply criticise the ideology.
    Muhammad's marrying a 6 year old girl and having sex with her when she was 9 can be legitimately criticised because he is revered by Muslims as the perfect example, the "best of creation". It is because of his historical actions that child marriage is still commonplace in traditional Muslim communities and why the Pakidtan Islamic Councel rejected a law banning child marriage because it was "unislamic".
    Shouting "Muhammad was a pedo" is meaningless and futile because "paedophile" is a modern concept that would not apply to 7th century Arabia, but pointing out the historical reality (to the extent that it is known) is worthwhile as a surprising number of Muslims have no idea that he had sex with a child, and therefore, by his actions, legitimises child sex abuse within Islam - because his example is not historically relative, it is timeless and universal.

The purpose of criticising Islam is not to convert Muslims to atheism, it is simply to highlight realities, question attitudes and address misinformation and dogma.
    Again, you are displaying that naive and unsophisticated "black and white" approach so common amongst the young and ill-informed.

ReputationRep:
    You are fine to think internally and within your family or community whatever you like.

But venting it out loud and acting on these thoughts is a problem.
    So you believe that it is acceptable for an entire community to hold racist/misogynist/discriminatory views, as long as they don't act on them.

You really are the gift that keeps on giving!

ReputationRep:
    And this year an MP was murdered by a far-right sympathiser, it does not mean all far-right sympathisers are murderers.

Its funny that you criticise anecdotal stories when your post consists of at least two anecdotal stories, lol
    Jeez!
    I used those anecdotes to demonstrate the fallacy of using limited personal experience to generalise the whole. You had an anecdote that demonstrated "x", I had one that demonstrated "not x".
    In other words, your anecdote is irrelevant in the context of the nature of Islamic ideology.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You've once again demonstrated that you have no clue what Sharia Law means. There is no set list of things which have to be obeyed by Sharia Law.
    Reading and comprehension not one of your strong points then?
    I specifically said that sharia is not a set list of laws, but rulings derived from the Quran and sunnah. However, you claimed that amutating the hands of thieves was not a part of sharia but only an interpretation in some Islamic states. It is specifically prescribed in the Quran, and the Quran is the ultimate authority on everything.

Ironically, you have demonstrated your own ignorance by calling it "Sharia Law", because it is not a codified set of laws. It is simply called "sharia" and is a method of interpretation and implementation.

ReputationRep:
    You criticise me for using personal experience to generalise Islam, but Sleepysnooze, another Islamophobe social crusader on this site, did the exact same thing - and so have many others, bringing up their unpleasant experiences with Muslims.
    Why would the the arguments of people I do not no be of any relevance to our discussion?

As you appear to be the only SJW terrorist sympathiser and apologist on this thread, I cannot compare your behaviour to that of others.

The point is, the average, random Muslim community outside of the Middle East is evidently not some kind of anti-western, democracy-hating, gay-killing society.
    Yet they support an ideology that is anti-non-Muslim, democracy-hating, gay persecuting, slavery-supporting, brutality condoning and misogynistic.

Do you think that if Muslims became a majority in the UK and strict sharia was implemented, such beliefs would remain behind the lace curtains?

That kind of society is limited to Islamic State. We have people who think xyz about the western world, who disapprove of some aspects of our lives, and whatnot, but they are peaceful people.
    And what is remarkable about Islamic State's social system? Exactly - all the controls of a liberal, secular democracy have been removed and only sharia exercised.

Now its time you answered me something, do you think constantly hating Islam is going to stop terror attacks?
    Don't know. Don't care. That's not why I do it.

Now your turn.
    Do you think that constantly defending a violent and oppressive ideology will improve the situation of those living under it?

ReputationRep:
    Very few Muslims actively do this

are they poor followers of Islam?
    answer the question please
    You keep asking this question and I keep answering it.
    Let me put it more simply for you.

I do not participate in the punishing of those who have broken UK law.
    Does that make me a "poor follower" of UK law?
    More importantly, does my non-participation mean that UK law does not contain any punishments?

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to answer the question I've asked about 20 times now?

If Islam says to 'strike the heads off non-believers', are 1.6 billion Muslims, who have evidently never done that, poor followers of Islam?
    If they claim that Islam does not encourage violence against those who refuse to submit to Islam (under certain conditions), then yes, they are.

Not everything in the Quran is compulsory for everyone, all the time.
    UK law states that you must wear a crash helmet while riding a motorbike. That does not mean that everyone must wear a crash helmet all the time.

Your inability to grasp even the simplest of concepts is a bit worrying. How did your A levels go?

ReputationRep:
    answer my question please, I've trawled through enough of your ignorance
    IGNORANCE!
    That's another bingo card filled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    its pointless engaging this guy in debate, he isnt smart enough to even take it beyond school yard terms. he suggests kashmir is an example of peace and harmony, but it has been a hot bed of pakistani trained islamist factions for decades. its seen a number of kidnapping and beheading of the few foreign tourists that for some reason visited there. his' claim ' he went there without incident is probably down to the fact he is in fact a muslim, that is claiming not be so.
    But he said that he wasn't a Muslim. Are you suggesting that people on here might tell fibs to further their agenda?
    SMH

ReputationRep:
    If you use your brain and think about it, the example used was one person. We encountered about three or four whole separate Muslim communities.
    Three or four? **** me! Fair enough, your sample of a few hundred people in one area is obviously representetive of not only all 1.6 billion Muslims the world over, but of the fundamental tenets of Islamic ideology as well.

You certainly have taught us all a salutary lesson. I, for one, thank you wholeheartedly for allowing me to see the error of my ways.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.