Turn on thread page Beta

Cheese's Chill out and Chat before GCSE results thread thingi-ma-jig watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Not to be a bummer but there was a guy in my class who claimed to have revised for each subject over 100 hours and came out with Cs
    Then there's certain folks who revise the night before and get an a*
    :congrats: you just became a bummer
    I was trying to be
    whats the word
    um
    "consolidating"? yes i think that works
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You have a point Monsieur. Yes.
    In biology I used to revise for ages and get Ds :lol: but I changed my revision style to get an A* at the end of Y11
    but for french and chemistry = night before --> A*'s (and german too)
    physics, no matter how much revision did I got A's so yh :erm: idk y
    It depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :congrats: you just became a bummer
    I was trying to be
    whats the word
    um
    "consolidating"? yes i think that works
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You have a point Monsieur. Yes.
    In biology I used to revise for ages and get Ds :lol: but I changed my revision style to get an A* at the end of Y11
    but for french and chemistry = night before --> A*'s (and german too)
    physics, no matter how much revision did I got A's so yh :erm: idk y
    It depends on the person.
    Consoling xD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And then they tell you that, should you have revised real late for GCSEs, you can't do it at A-level cos it's too hard. And then they tell you, should you have revised real late for A-levels, you can't do it at uni cos it's too hard. Left revising for the hardest and most complicated module this year til two days before and got 86.. After revising for ages for a much easier module and getting 74 though.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  smeagol free gcse.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  92.5 KB
    How I felt when exams were over.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moira O' Hara1)
    Love this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Consoling xD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And then they tell you that, should you have revised real late for GCSEs, you can't do it at A-level cos it's too hard. And then they tell you, should you have revised real late for A-levels, you can't do it at uni cos it's too hard. Left revising for the hardest and most complicated module this year til two days before and got 86.. After revising for ages for a much easier module and getting 74 though.
    Lol^2 + PRSOM = I'm stupid
    Perfect :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lol^2 + PRSOM = I'm stupid
    Cheese's First Theorem

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is taking A-Level History, English Literature or Media Studies (maybe all together:awesome:) feel free to talk to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    If anyone is taking A-Level History, English Literature or Media Studies (maybe all together:awesome:) feel free to talk to me
    Hey,

I'm also taking English Lit and have been given an essay to write which was my "Summer H/W", were you given anything to do over the summer? What gcses did you do and how do you think you did?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Cheese's First Theorem
    First and last :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    First and last :rofl:
    It was a short-lived but influential career
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It was a short-lived but influential career
    It was brielliant

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm also taking English Lit and have been given an essay to write which was my "Summer H/W", were you given anything to do over the summer? What gcses did you do and how do you think you did?
    Hi! No, I wasn't given anything to write over summer unfortunately! (I hope you do well on your essay!) Instead, I'm reading the set books that will essentially put me at a minuscule advantage during the course I have no idea how I've done, I thought the exams went quite well (not brilliantly) so I thought I might do okay considering none of them went awfully (okay.. besides Maths). Although for some strange reason, during the run up to the day, I feel as though I've failed everything and done awfully! How do you think you have done?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi! No, I wasn't given anything to write over summer unfortunately! (I hope you do well on your essay!) Instead, I'm reading the set books that will essentially put me at a minuscule advantage during the course I have no idea how I've done, I thought the exams went quite well (not brilliantly) so I thought I might do okay considering none of them went awfully (okay.. besides Maths). Although for some strange reason, during the run up to the day, I feel as though I've failed everything and done awfully! How do you think you have done?
    dude - if u thought they went well, they will have gone well
    no worries :hugs: :console:

ReputationRep:
    dude - if u thought they went well, they will have gone well
    no worries :hugs: :console:
    Thanks!!:dance:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I feel like I've failed Maths- the paper was totally unexpected ( I was doing Higher and everything that we had predicted in class didn't come up. I also think that I failed Science as a whole, mainly because its one of my worst subjects. I definitly failed R.E as I didn't really revise because I hate it but other than that everything came up that I had revised. The subjects that I took were all the compulsory ones plus Geography- which went well, History- which I revised more than Maths , and Graphic Design- the exam was soo hard but my coursework was an A* so I've no idea what will happen...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I feel like I've failed Maths- the paper was totally unexpected ( I was doing Higher and everything that we had predicted in class didn't come up. I also think that I failed Science as a whole, mainly because its one of my worst subjects. I definitly failed R.E as I didn't really revise because I hate it but other than that everything came up that I had revised. The subjects that I took were all the compulsory ones plus Geography- which went well, History- which I revised more than Maths , and Graphic Design- the exam was soo hard but my coursework was an A* so I've no idea what will happen...
    I did Higher Maths too! I already had a C in Foundation but I had a go at Higher and I feel as though I won't get the grade but I hope so so much that I get a B! I'm sure you'll be fine! What are you taking other than English Lit (if you are)? :-)

ReputationRep:
    I did Higher Maths too! I already had a C in Foundation but I had a go at Higher and I feel as though I won't get the grade but I hope so so much that I get a B! I'm sure you'll be fine! What are you taking other than English Lit (if you are)? :-)
    Same! I was already a C but then was put on Higher and then my target was a B but I don't think I've got even that. I really want a B so badly but because of it being really hard I pretty much doubt that. If we both feel confident enough to tell each other our grades on Thursday, why dont we? I think it would be good to get them out in the open but only if we feel like it on the day, maybe?

I'm also taking Graphic Design, Photography, and Geography and I'm thinking of dropping Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Unless any of you feel like shedding a few tears don't look at the OCR or Edxcel grade boundaries.
    fml
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    BUMPING THIS THREAD
    tagging people who can help spam this up to 3000 posts
    13 1 20 8 42 Matrix123 Tasnia'x SassKing13 FireFreezer77 PugDevil @ ANYONE
    pls help us beat @shadowdweller's thread before results!Just spam it with random stuff and try not to worry too much about the grade boundaries - there is only so much they can tell you

(Original post by LDS16)
    Unless any of you feel like shedding a few tears don't look at the OCR or Edxcel grade boundaries.
    fml
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Going for a run, here's a quick 1

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.