Turn on thread page Beta

UKMT Senior Individual Maths Challenge 2016 - Preparation and Tips watch

ReputationRep:
    wow they're high...

think I got a silver lol

ReputationRep:
    When do the schools get the individual results???

ReputationRep:
    The thresholds are out! How did everyone do?

https://www.ukmt.org.uk/individual-c...ior-challenge/

ReputationRep:
    I am so sO SO annoyed (GRRRR) I got 103, but would've got 108 if I hadn't got Q5 wrong!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimiuso)

Qualified for BMO1

ReputationRep:
    Got 104 so just missed BM01 unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that was fast. I really like how UKMT gets the answers up the day after the exam and the boundaries so soon.

(Original post by ben167)
    When do the schools get the individual results???
    Their website (front page) says "Results will be emailed within a couple of days and posted ASAP", so definitely by the start of next week, your school should get your result - although depending on how reliable your maths teachers you might not get them immediately (I'd be surprised if our class gets ours before the end of next week... which is a shame because I won't believe I'm in the Kangaroo until I see it).

ReputationRep:
    That's really high!!!!!!!!!!! Are people become more competitive or it's just an easier paper? I feel quite stressful about BMO1. Probably won't be as good as last year😩

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone getting 90+ should be going for BMO1(through payment).
    It is such a great experience and gives you an oppurtunity to go to some of the most advanced camps for maths you can possibly go to for your age.
    That being said, it is a massive step from SMC and you need to put alot of practice in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Lau)
    That's really high!!!!!!!!!!! Are people become more competitive or it's just an easier paper? I feel quite stressful about BMO1. Probably won't be as good as last year😩
    In the last couple of years, the SMC does seem to have been getting easier and easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimiuso)

Qualified for BMO1

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm dead... got silver! Expected it but lmao not by this much of a huge margin. I wish I had done 2 questions and at least got Gold, in fact Kangaroo lol.... easily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Lol, I'm dead... got silver! Expected it but lmao not by this much of a huge margin. I wish I had done 2 questions and at least got Gold, in fact Kangaroo lol.... easily!
    Yeah same... I was like 80% sure of the answers to 4 more questions but I just didn't put them in because I didn't want to lose too many marks

ReputationRep:
    God! The thresholds are ridiculous! I was expecting Gold (60%) but I got silver, and was only a mid-silver!

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed I have missed out on the BMO but oh well, still pretty happy tbf it's the best I've ever done after all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Yeah same... I was like 80% sure of the answers to 4 more questions but I just didn't put them in because I didn't want to lose too many marks
    Lol I was really nervous on the day, as always. I guessed like 5-6 questions because I was angry and lost 6 marks. If not, I'd have got gold lol and if I had answered 2 more questions, I'd have got a strong Kangaroo. But, none of it happened xD so no point complaning haha. And I feel you

ReputationRep:
    God! The thresholds are ridiculous! I was expecting Gold (60%) but I got silver, and was only a mid-silver!

ReputationRep:
    Additional round prep threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    Additional round prep threads?
    make one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    make one?
    Yeah lemme know if you do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.