Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
xemilyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone today. Not feeling too good. Feel full of cold. Got a stupid meeting today. That's all i seem to do is go to meetings.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Feeling bad today too. Didn't sleep well and have had an urge to hurt myself. Thanks for PM em and jon :hugs: I hope everyone is okay.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling really bad. Would lie in bed all day but I have to do stuff and people are coming round later. I don't really see much point in living anymore.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Bansheee,

Please correct me if I'm way out of line here, but I've always understood that with OCD it was a mental compulsion to do certain acts (like cleaning), whereas with audio hallucinations associated with psychosis and schizophrenia, you are actually hearing the voices ( even though there is no physical source for them).

As I said, anyone feel free to let me know if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), a type of anxiety disorder, is a potentially disabling illness that traps people in endless cycles of repetitive thoughts and behaviors. People with OCD are plagued by recurring and distressing thoughts, fears or images (obsessions) that they cannot control. The anxiety (nervousness) produced by these thoughts leads to an urgent need to perform certain rituals or routines (compulsions). The compulsive rituals are performed in an attempt to prevent the obsessive thoughts or make them go away
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone. Sorry about last night but thanks for your support. I'm feeling a bit better today.

:hugs: for laus, emily and raspberry xxx
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Hi everyone. Sorry about last night but thanks for your support. I'm feeling a bit better today.

:hugs: for laus, emily and raspberry xxx

Dont be sorry bout yesterday - happens to us all.
Ive bottled out of the docs again today :mad: :mad:
I need to revise but i physically cant
Oh and my placement next year is in the hospital i go to and have woke up in A&E several times - i cant do it.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Spoiler:
Show
Feeling bad today too. Didn't sleep well and have had an urge to hurt myself. Thanks for PM em and jon :hugs: I hope everyone is okay.
Sorry you're feeling bad today, try really hard not to hurt yourself it's a horrible horrible slippy slope.

:hugs: for everyone. Glad you're feeling a bit better today becki.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm going away early tomorrow morning and I won't be back until Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly. Just in case anyone noticed and worried. I probably won't be able to get on the internet, so it'll be radio silence from this end. Take care and look after yourselves.

:hugs: for all.

Hannah
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hope you have a nice weekend Hannah
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
****!!!!! ****, ****, ****, ****...I'm relapsing, and just suddenly out of the blue wanting to kill myself :cry: Oh Christ...I've only got one day before my parents get back from holiday...argh, I was doing sooooo well this week and now everything's plummeted :bawling:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
****!!!!! ****, ****, ****, ****...I'm relapsing, and just suddenly out of the blue wanting to kill myself :cry: Oh Christ...I've only got one day before my parents get back from holiday...argh, I was doing sooooo well this week and now everything's plummeted :bawling:
:hugs: here if you want to talk xx
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Hi everyone,

I'm going away early tomorrow morning and I won't be back until Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly. Just in case anyone noticed and worried. I probably won't be able to get on the internet, so it'll be radio silence from this end. Take care and look after yourselves.

:hugs: for all.

Hannah
Have a lovely time :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
Dont be sorry bout yesterday - happens to us all.
Ive bottled out of the docs again today :mad: :mad:
I need to revise but i physically cant
Oh and my placement next year is in the hospital i go to and have woke up in A&E several times - i cant do it.

:hugs: Please try to make another appointment hun. Is there anyway you could change your placement? xx
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I know this feeling oh too well . Just remind yourself of how well you have coped up until this point. You will get through this, just like you get through all of the other times you plummet. I know it feels like you wont but you will. It's hard to listen to other people sometimes, especially when the people offering you advice often forget to follow it themselves... but please remember that this feeling will lift and that you will not feel so crushingly depressed forever. I know people always say this and I really want to believe that it's true. Has anything or anyone triggered these suicidal feelings/thoughts or has it come completely out of the blue? Lots of love and hugs :hugs:.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Holly, please try and keep calm until your parents get back - you HAVE done well this week, and I think that if you can make it through to tomorrow then that could be a major milestone for you. Just for today and tonight, try and empty your thoughts - don't think about the past, don't think about the future. We're all here for you if you want to talk.

It might be a good idea to make sure you've got the regular and out-of-hours numbers for doctors handy, so that if you don't think that you can take anymore then they can help you. (Mine gave me tranquilizers when I went in to hospital on Monday, and that really helped, but obviously it's best to avoid going down that route if at all possible.)

:hugs: Thinking of you.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I know this feeling oh too well . Just remind yourself of how well you have coped up until this point. You will get through this, just like you get through all of the other times you plummet. I know it feels like you wont but you will. It's hard to listen to other people sometimes, especially when the people offering you advice often forget to follow it themselves... but please remember that this feeling will lift and that you will not feel so crushingly depressed forever. I know people always say this and I really want to believe that it's true. Has anything or anyone triggered these suicidal feelings/thoughts or has it come completely out of the blue? Lots of love and hugs :hugs:.
I don't know if it helps much, but when I talked with the doctor on Monday he said that with modern therapies and medication, the whole concept of chronic depression, i.e. where your depression never lifts, or repeatedly comes back, is pretty much a thing of the past. So we won't all feel like this forever, although it can often be pretty hard to hang on to that thought at times.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know if it helps much, but when I talked with the doctor on Monday he said that with modern therapies and medication, the whole concept of chronic depression, i.e. where your depression never lifts, or repeatedly comes back, is pretty much a thing of the past. So we won't all feel like this forever, although it can often be pretty hard to hang on to that thought at times.
I agree with that: it's hard to hold onto the idea right now but I have evidence from the past. I'm still feeling pretty bad My friend just came round for a bit, and whilst she was here it was good then my mood plummetted back to how it was before. Getting pretty bad urges to hurt myself, but at least I have counselling tonight (finally, cos the days got changed :|)
Oddball
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh folks, you've been busy! We have a new thread.

Holly, Jonathan is right. Look forward to the time when your parents come home - if you can make it through tomorrow it'll be a great acheivement.

Laus, I shall PM you.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I agree with that: it's hard to hold onto the idea right now but I have evidence from the past. I'm still feeling pretty bad My friend just came round for a bit, and whilst she was here it was good then my mood plummetted back to how it was before. Getting pretty bad urges to hurt myself, but at least I have counselling tonight (finally, cos the days got changed :|)
Take care Kate :hugs:

I hope counselling goes well tonight.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
He hasn't met me ;no; Seven and a half ****ing years, and I'm at breaking point again. I've been on medication, I've had counselling, I've done CBT, I've done all of that stuff that doctors and the like have recommended for me, and this keeps on coming back :bawling: It's like a goddamn cockroach.

(Original post by Laus)
You will get through this, just like you get through all of the other times you plummet.
Even a cat only has nine lives, and I must be running low by now

Has anything or anyone triggered these suicidal feelings/thoughts or has it come completely out of the blue?
No, it's out of the blue. I fell back into feeling a bit down at night (which isn't a good thing when you sleep during the day ) a few days ago, and that's progressively got worse...but this just hit me like a brick wall I wasn't expecting it and I don't think anything triggered it...ugh, even if I was to never get rid of the depression I wish for the love of God that I could actually be able to think clearly when something like this happens :cry:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed