Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I know

I'd quite like a slim, but have no rational reason for wanting one as my 80GB model still works fine :o:
    Thought I'd update: couldn't fix my ps3, sold it and just bought a 160GB slim pretty cheap

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why ddi i sell my ps3 60G like 2 years ago... COS I WAS AN IDIOT and caved into peer pressure =/

ReputationRep:
    What should be the first thing I do in GT5?*Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    What should be the first thing I do in GT5?*Any tips?
    jizz over its sexy graphics... umm i did all the licences and career

This, Journey, sounds amazing and so unbelievably unique. It's like an online approach to Shadow of the Colossus.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100163p1.html
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139789p1.html

(Original post by Illusionary)
    X
    What do you think? :holmes:

**** yes. Elder Scrolls 5 - 11/11/11.

:jive:

If anyone is interested:

So stoked. 2011 is going to be :jive:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    So stoked. 2011 is going to be :jive:
    Doubtful that ME3 might get a 2011 release. :p:

Hopefully the new Elder Scrolls will. It seems that they've been working on it for some time now.

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Doubtful that ME3 might get a 2011 release. :p:

Hopefully the new Elder Scrolls will. It seems that they've been working on it for some time now.
    Elder Scrolls seems definite for 11/11/11. Bad time considering uni exams but hey Oblivion was so good. :jive:

Elder Scrolls seems definite for 11/11/11. Bad time considering uni exams but hey Oblivion was so good. :jive:
    St Andy doesn't have exams before Christmas. :smug:

:p:

Oblivion was great, but what's annoying is that they're using a enhanced version of the gamebyro engine which is really buggy and has caused a lot of problems for New Vegas. I'm hoping they've really updated it so it has amazing graphics since doing a new Elder Scrolls with just slightly enhanced Oblivion graphics would be stupid, and that it isn't so bloody buggy any more.

Arkham City looks awesome as does ME3. Do you not think that the villain in TDKR will not be Hugo Strange? I'm assuming the film studio have known that Strange will be the new villain in Arkham City.

More

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-insane/708358

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...ortal-2/708347

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...otype-2/708352

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...tance-3/708333

St Andy doesn't have exams before Christmas. :smug:

:p:

Oblivion was great, but what's annoying is that they're using a enhanced version of the gamebyro engine which is really buggy and has caused a lot of problems for New Vegas. I'm hoping they've really updated it so it has amazing graphics since doing a new Elder Scrolls with just slightly enhanced Oblivion graphics would be stupid, and that it isn't so bloody buggy any more.

Arkham City looks awesome as does ME3. Do you not think that the villain in TDKR will not be Hugo Strange? I'm assuming the film studio have known that Strange will be the new villain in Arkham City.

Although what Bethesda game is not buggy (or really buggy before a post-release patch). Yeah, hopefully they've refined the performance of the engine and iron out any major bugs.

And, more importantly, take full advantage of the PS3's power. I do not want a port from 360.

I was just about to bring that up. Now that Hugo Strange is a possible (and very likely) villain for the TDKR, I wonder how this may affect the whole project. I mean having a game with a similar "I know who Batman is" storyline. Maybe it is all just baseless speculation and Nolan has taken some other character as the villain.

Although what Bethesda game is not buggy (or really buggy before a post-release patch). Yeah, hopefully they've refined the performance of the engine and iron out any major bugs.

And, more importantly, take full advantage of the PS3's power. I do not want a port from 360.

I was just about to bring that up. Now that Hugo Strange is a possible (and very likely) villain for the TDKR, I wonder how this may affect the whole project. I mean having a game with a similar "I know who Batman is" storyline. Maybe it is all just baseless speculation and Nolan has taken some other character as the villain.
    Check the trailers above. If those are Resistance 3 in game graphics then :coma: :coma:. I'm definitely getting a PS3 now.

Yeah, but it will take up a lot of time if they wanted to take full advantage of the PS3 hardware since it's a harder console to develop on than the 360 is. I dunno, maybe in the 5 year gap they have been working extensively on versions for both consoles. GTA IV was delayed because of the difficulties of developing on the PS3.

Just a bit disappointed that after all this time, they're sticking with the gamebyro engine. I'm expecting an updated engine like Unreal Engine 3. :mob:

Check the trailers above. If those are Resistance 3 in game graphics then :coma: :coma:. I'm definitely getting a PS3 now.

Yeah, but it will take up a lot of time if they wanted to take full advantage of the PS3 hardware since it's a harder console to develop on than the 360 is. I dunno, maybe in the 5 year gap they have been working extensively on versions for both consoles. GTA IV was delayed because of the difficulties of developing on the PS3.

Just a bit disappointed that after all this time, they're sticking with the gamebyro engine. I'm expecting an updated engine like Unreal Engine 3. :mob:
    VGA awards more exciting than this year's E3. That is saying something.

It was hard, initially, there should be no excuses now. Sony has lent a lot of support to third party developers to help develop on the PS3 in recent years. A mistake they made was not lending support when it was initially launched hence having all the developers moan about how hard it was.

I'm glad they are actually. Unreal Engine 3 is outdated and so many bloody games use it. Granted there are some games which have taken the engine and done some pretty amazing things with it - Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect and Bioshock - but I'd rather them use what they are used to. The gamebyro engine is powerful and superb for open world games.

VGA awards more exciting than this year's E3. That is saying something.

It was hard, initially, there should be no excuses now. Sony has lent a lot of support to third party developers to help develop on the PS3 in recent years. A mistake they made was not lending support when it was initially launched hence having all the developers moan about how hard it was.

I'm glad they are actually. Unreal Engine 3 is outdated and so many bloody games use it. Granted there are some games which have taken the engine and done some pretty amazing things with it - Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect and Bioshock - but I'd rather them use what they are used to. The gamebyro engine is powerful and superb for open world games.
    Yeah, but imagine next years E3. :coma:

I really hope there's a GTA or Half Life announcement tonight.

Hm, true, gamebyro is great for open world games. However, if they release the new Elder Scrolls with its current graphical output, then Bethesda are going to have some pissed off gamers. I suppose if Valve can do it with the source engine for games like L4D...

Yeah, but imagine next years E3. :coma:

I really hope there's a GTA or Half Life announcement tonight.

Hm, true, gamebyro is great for open world games. However, if they release the new Elder Scrolls with its current graphical output, then Bethesda are going to have some pissed off gamers. I suppose if Valve can do it with the source engine for games like L4D...
    :coma:

They will no doubt have actual gameplay at E3.

PSP2 announcement at next year's E3. You heard it here first. It, the announcement, is meant to be coming 'soon' but the next best event is CES and that is a bad event for such an announcement.

Half Life announcement? There is more chance of a Duke Nukem forever announcement. :teehee:

I agree. If they do not update it, even I would be pissed. Oblivion was such a large part of my experience into western RPGs and a lot of people are like that too. It was the first proper western RPG to be released on the current gen consoles. What did you like or dislike about Oblivion?

I loved the side quests, the odd things they put in but the main quest was lacking.

I guess we can only wait and hope in vain.

:coma:

They will no doubt have actual gameplay at E3.

PSP2 announcement at next year's E3. You heard it here first. It, the announcement, is meant to be coming 'soon' but the next best event is CES and that is a bad event for such an announcement.

Half Life announcement? There is more chance of a Duke Nukem forever announcement. :teehee:

I agree. If they do not update it, even I would be pissed. Oblivion was such a large part of my experience into western RPGs and a lot of people are like that too. It was the first proper western RPG to be released on the current gen consoles. What did you like or dislike about Oblivion?

I loved the side quests, the odd things they put in but the main quest was lacking.

I guess we can only wait and hope in vain.
    Yeah. A HL announcement is needed. Even if it's announcing that Ep 3 will become HL3. It has been far too long and I'm surprised Valve have been neglecting what made them big in the first place.

Yeah, those graphics were great 4-5 years ago. We need something new now.

Er, Ape:

It's coming out next year. :p:

I loved the side quests. Dark Brotherhood. :love:

Plus the small touches like being able to have a unicorn.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...arted-3/708329

UC3.

Yeah. A HL announcement is needed. Even if it's announcing that Ep 3 will become HL3. It has been far too long and I'm surprised Valve have been neglecting what made them big in the first place.

Yeah, those graphics were great 4-5 years ago. We need something new now.

Er, Ape:

It's coming out next year. :p:

I loved the side quests. Dark Brotherhood. :love:

Plus the small touches like being able to have a unicorn.
    Probably exploring new frontiers (Portal & Left 4 Dead) with the knowledge that they have something to fall back on if it all goes tits up.

No waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. :eek4:

I've been waiting like ... forever for this. It looks good, dare I say. If it ever comes out.

:love:

Spoiler:
    Show

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.