Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Some of my Arsenal friends think I have lost plot after I predict boldly that Arsenal will win the league next season, or at least win something.
    Arsenal aren't going to win the title...
    They could win a cup though.

ReputationRep:
    I see we're in our optimistic stage at the moment, I look forward to the inevitable realisation of how far behind the top clubs you are at the start of the season again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I see we're in our optimistic stage at the moment, I look forward to the inevitable realisation of how far behind the top clubs you are at the start of the season again.

I'm predicting 2 draw, 1 loss and 2 wins in the first 5 games for them. :rofl: and out of the title race by december.

(Original post by jam277)

I'm predicting 2 draw, 1 loss and 2 wins in the first 5 games for them. :rofl: and out of the title race by december.
    Without even knowing the fixture list? :curious: I don't think we'll be pushing for the title at all, but this seems harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Well with the pretty average squad Utd have, minus Fergie, and City/Chelsea unpredictable as well, I doubt Arsenal will be as far away as you imply. This is even without discuss potential big money signings for the first time in 10 years at Arsenal.

Fact of the matter is that Wenger usually improves on our points total when he doesnt have to rebuild and we got 73 points last season. I dont think 80+ points is out of the question in 2013/14, even though I dont think we'll actually win it.

(Original post by jam277)

I'm predicting a 50% chance of Chelsea recruiting a new manager by December...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well with the pretty average squad Utd have, minus Fergie, and City/Chelsea unpredictable as well, I doubt Arsenal will be as far away as you imply. This is even without discuss potential big money signings for the first time in 10 years at Arsenal.

Fact of the matter is that Wenger usually improves on our points total when he doesnt have to rebuild and we got 73 points last season. I dont think 80+ points is out of the question in 2013/14, even though I dont think we'll actually win it.

I'm predicting a 50% chance of Chelsea recruiting a new manager by December...
    I think we'll surprise everyone similar to 2010/11(?) season, where we're at the top of the table, hit February / march meet Barca in champions league, get kicked out and we all know the rest ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jam is just been a terrible troll. He must be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Jam is just been a terrible troll. He must be.
    You're like the biggest troll on TSR :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think we have every chance of getting top 3 this year, need to capitalize on the change going on at the other clubs and make ourselves consistent.

We're too often hot and cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    You're like the biggest troll on TSR :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How?

Handed in my trolling badge decades ago......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    How?

Handed in my trolling badge decades ago......
    So you admit you were at one point? I'll admit I was, hence the neg rep....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    So you admit you were at one point? I'll admit I was, hence the neg rep....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure once upon a time everyone's done a little trolling......

My level of trolling was never at the level of the biggest troll on TSR..... Wasn't even in the top 100000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'm pretty sure once upon a time everyone's done a little trolling......

My level of trolling was never at the level of the biggest troll on TSR..... Wasn't even in the top 100000
    Neither was i.... :moon:

Not gonna lie, this was hilarious You didn't seem to find it too funny though.....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2332599
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, lets leave this palaver there. Don't think Abi will appreciate it and it's really pointless talk.

ReputationRep:
    Its the glorious high point of the year for us, top of the table until August!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    Its the glorious high point of the year for us, top of the table until August!
    Haha, good point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Wenger gets Payet from Lille and Higuain that would be brilliant.
    I was really looking forward to benteke or jovetic but that's highly unlikely now
    Anyone think that Wenger may sign a gk and if so, which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty certain that all the clubs that finished above us last season are aiming to win the title next year. Why shouldn't we then? And then us fans complain how the players celebrate achieving 4th place every season. There is absolutely no reason why we should not win the title. Everything before 17th August is wiped out and all teams start from the same place. Keep the momentum from last season up and if we get in some new additions in the first team then I'm going to go as far as to say we might actually get the title this time. We got 1/20 odds and so do the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Pretty certain that all the clubs that finished above us last season are aiming to win the title next year. Why shouldn't we then? And then us fans complain how the players celebrate achieving 4th place every season. There is absolutely no reason why we should not win the title. Everything before 17th August is wiped out and all teams start from the same place. Keep the momentum from last season up and if we get in some new additions in the first team then I'm going to go as far as to say we might actually get the title this time. We got 1/20 odds and so do the others
    Don't know why this got negged as people slate us for not trying to win the title and celebrating fourth place then they slate us for being delusional about the title. This just doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    The posts in this thread which if were in fact put into practice would improve the club get negged, why? Because they don't have the winning mentality. People are happy paying money and getting deluded by arsenal football club.

If we got higuain for 25 million we've still got 45 million left , 2 more players 22.5 million each now were talking, a left winger and a defensive mid.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.