The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
LOOL you crazy person! I had no idea you did Econ! :five: Your murdering these exams, they aint got nothing on you!
Ahh thats good, hmm its cool you may get lucky! Your UMS scores will never be tainted by 1 half-arsed bull**** score, its fine, i'll think of an excuse :wink:
Its good to have the maths together :')

I do :tongue: You do Econ too? I'm not that great at Econ though... I can never satisfactorily finish a paper in the given time :/ I scraped an A at AS (84 for Econ1, 76 for Econ2). Retook Econ2... can't be having Bs floating around making me look bad :colone:

Hopefully not, I'm not sure how I'll live with such an impurity amongst my scores! :redface:
Original post by DJMayes
I'm sorry, if I told you that (At least my way of doing it) it makes the entire question trivial. However, you might find that trying it out with some values of x may give you a feel for the question.

(Also, don't spend too much time on it; it's not really appropriate to A Level (Although I can assure you you know all the knowledge required to do it) and I wouldn't want it to get in the way of any important revision etc.)

Fair do's, and yeah will do cheers. Not really, only got FP1 left and that's on induction as well, so its good practice :tongue:
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, I don't need 'em, makes my bag heavier ^_^ Meh I always act embarrassing, used to it now!
I don't understand half of them, but there's to occasional solvable one (which takes me half a day!), Its not too difficult, I learn't how to use LaTeX like 10 days ago!
just use this website :wink: after a while you remember the shortcuts http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

I sliped in school.. when it was snowing.. my strict head of learning saw me.. even she laughed :rofl:
ahh cools, I think I may as well do it as well then :biggrin:
Thank you :smile:
Reply 4183
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I sliped in school.. when it was snowing.. my strict head of learning saw me.. even she laughed :rofl:
ahh cools, I think I may as well do it as well then :biggrin:
Thank you :smile:

LOOOL haha that's jokes, no problemo yeah i've started attempting the question now

Original post by justinawe
I do :tongue: You do Econ too? I'm not that great at Econ though... I can never satisfactorily finish a paper in the given time :/ I scraped an A at AS (84 for Econ1, 76 for Econ2). Retook Econ2... can't be having Bs floating around making me look bad :colone:

Hopefully not, I'm not sure how I'll live with such an impurity amongst my scores! :redface:

Indeed I do, I like Economics! Maths and Econ are the only 2 A levels I really want to do :biggrin:
I shall find out my grades soon (well not really, August is far) although I had to retake unit 1! Awwh yeah its quite difficult finishing them but I manage to do it somehow
pssht justinawe? B? Can't be having that, :nah::noway:
Original post by tigerz
LOOOL haha that's jokes, no problemo yeah i've started attempting the question now

Indeed I do, I like Economics! Maths and Econ are the only 2 A levels I really want to do :biggrin:
I shall find out my grades soon (well not really, August is far) although I had to retake unit 1! Awwh yeah its quite difficult finishing them but I manage to do it somehow

What exam board for economics do you do? :smile: and what did u get for unit 1 if you don't mind me asking. I do OCR hence the weird f58241q89412841284812... etc stuff

At first for unit 1 I got a high/mid B (76), demanded a remark and it went to a low A (84), so really need 96ums to secure the 90+ums average, it all depends on how F582 went, and I thought it was quite easy but the mark schemes always deceive me.
Reply 4185
Original post by Robbie242
What exam board for economics do you do? :smile: and what did u get for unit 1 if you don't mind me asking.

At first for unit 1 I got a high/mid B (76), demanded a remark and it went to a low A (84), so really need 96ums to secure the 90+ums average, it all depends on how F582 went, and I thought it was quite easy but the mark schemes always deceive me.

Heya, I do edexcel I think you do differently as I have EC01/2 not F582, I got 69 (yes justinawe my UMS scores are ALWAYS half arsed bull-****:frown:)
Oh I've never actually got a paper remarked! That's quite good it went up by 8 UMS, owch I just want an A haha I think I got it this year, but only just about...

Original post by DJMayes
There don't seem to be many questions being thrown about tonight. Here's one for you all:

Spoiler

x=x=an integer which can be wirrten as the sum of two square numbers x=a+b\therefore x=a+b where a and b are two square numbers

Is this the correct starting point?
Original post by tigerz

you think that's bad, thats nothing :tongue:
ah okay, I'll leave you to that, have fun, I'll just look at the latex codes :smile:
Original post by tigerz

Econ was the only A-Level I didn't particularly want to do :redface: I always wonder if I should have done Chemistry instead...

In my defence, I only got a B because I somehow missed out an entire 12 marker :colonhash: though that's not much of a defence I guess :tongue:
Original post by tigerz
x=x=an integer which can be wirrten as the sum of two square numbers x=a+b\therefore x=a+b where a and b are two square numbers

Is this the correct starting point?

Try x=a2+b2x = a^2 + b^2 (where a and b are integers) instead, easier to work with.
Reply 4189
you think that's bad, thats nothing :tongue:
ah okay, I'll leave you to that, have fun, I'll just look at the latex codes :smile:

Haha, yeah there have been more embarrassing scenarios I guess! Yup, time to solve this lovely maths question

Econ was the only A-Level I didn't particularly want to do :redface: I always wonder if I should have done Chemistry instead...

In my defence, I only got a B because I somehow missed out an entire 12 marker :colonhash: though that's not much of a defence I guess :tongue:

Ahh I do chem, I don't really like my board though which ruins it :frown:
LOOL, that was my problem to, I did bad in section B and did good at the calculations and definitions in Section A!

Try x=a2+b2x = a^2 + b^2 (where a and b are integers) instead, easier to work with.

Ahh yeah that's a more intelligent choice, thank you :h:

I was thinking the same thing about economics instead of chemistry the other day :tongue:.
Sorry guys, wanted to test out my latex
please ignore this if you don't want to be insulted by it's level of difficulty

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by brittanna
I was thinking the same thing about economics instead of chemistry the other day :tongue:.

Aha! Guess the grass is always greener...

Spoiler

That's some beautifully done 'latexing' there. You should be proud! And I think you may have missed a squared somewhere :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)

Spoiler

Try putting in a "\displaystyle" before your "\int", it makes your integral symbol bigger and is much more pleasant on the eye.
Original post by brittanna
That's some beautifully done 'latexing' there. You should be proud! And I think you may have missed a squared somewhere :biggrin:.

Not to mention a dx :eek:
Try putting in a "\displaystyle" before your "\int", it makes your integral symbol bigger and is much more pleasant on the eye.

And use "\left" and "\right" to increase the size of the square brackets.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Felix Felicis
Not to mention a dx :eek:

I was trying not to be too picky :tongue:.
Original post by reubenkinara
And use "\left" and "right" to increase the size of the square brackets.

yep, that too.
Reply 4199

Spoiler

Nice for a first try! :biggrin:

I've been quite lazy over the last few days actually :s-smilie: since my next exam is only on the 11th of June... need to get into gear :lol:

I suspect I'll be doing less maths and more econ/physics though, as I'm already quite confident for my maths modules.

Yeah me to, not doing enough!
x=x=an integer which can be written as the sum of two square numbers x=a2+b2\therefore x=a^2+b^2 where a and b are two square numbers

Unparseable latex formula:

\therefore 2^n x=2^n(a^2+b^2)=2a^n^+^2+2b^n^+^2

am I getting myself into an unnecessary mess?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending