Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This question has probably been asked before but the 10 days to make a decision is this once you have had a decision from all 3 of your choices? I have a conditional offer from my second choice but my interview for my first choice isn't until mid January x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    This question has probably been asked before but the 10 days to make a decision is this once you have had a decision from all 3 of your choices? I have a conditional offer from my second choice but my interview for my first choice isn't until mid January x
    That's right yeah, although i've been given to January 17th to make my decision for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    That's right yeah, although i've been given to January 17th to make my decision for some reason!
    Thank you for clarifying that for me! I was worrying I had 10 days from the first choice so was worrying I'd have to decide before I had had my other interview!

ReputationRep:
    Swarfliam: did you received the offer via email after the Friday 20th that they said (Reading University) was closing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs R)
    It seemed to go pretty well, and clearly did cos I heard back the next day (Thursday) saying I'd got a conditional offer! ... It was a good christmas present Looks like I'll hopefully be meeting you in September!
    Massive congratulations on your offer! Without having to do the skills tests it must be a massive relief!
    Congratulations! Hope your skills tests are nice and easy and everything goes well! Look forward to hopefully meeting you in September too

And thank you - yes, just looking forward to getting the forms back and all sorted out...

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

dose anyone have an interview for goldsmiths, london on the 7th of january at 8.30am? (pgce primary)

Just wondering if anyone has had an interview there before? I heard the interviews there are tough enough!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I was just wondering for anybody applying to Cambridge what colleges did ye put down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Hi there, I was just wondering for anybody applying to Cambridge what colleges did ye put down?
    Hey, a lot of people will put Homerton down as their first choice. It is literally next door to the Education Department, and takes a large proportion of education/PGCE students each year.

For other colleges, which are mostly located in the centre of Cambridge, the department is a good 30-45 minute walk. I'm at Cambridge for my undergrad at the moment, so I'm putting down my current college and Homerton. I'm biased but can vouch for Sidney Sussex as a friendly, well-located and mid-sized college (about 300 undergrad and 200 postgrad). Not sure how many PGCE students they take each year, but you'll be able to contact each college directly to ask if they're likely to be able to offer you a place.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to go ahead and withdraw from my final choice (they had given me an offer but it hadn't come through on Track) and have firmed my first choice

So, all being well with the Numeracy test, I'll be starting my PGCE Secondary RE at Roehampton in September. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs R)
    Thanks for asking! It seemed to go pretty well, and clearly did cos I heard back the next day (Thursday) saying I'd got a conditional offer! Obviously I haven't done my skills tests yet, so still need to do that (and the medical check and DBS - there's a section on the interview website for YSJ about the medical check) and I have to do them by March, but still very exciting! It was a good christmas present Looks like I'll hopefully be meeting you in September!
    Massive congratulations on your offer! Without having to do the skills tests it must be a massive relief!
    Pretty sure the skills tests are compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at the University of Manchester yet? I have mine on the 10th and I'm super worried about it, making myself ill if I'm honest. I've already been rejected from MMU, so my hopes for UoM are pretty slim, if anyone could offer me any hints/tips about their interview process, I would be eternally grateful, and much less stressed :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voxed)
    Hey, a lot of people will put Homerton down as their first choice. It is literally next door to the Education Department, and takes a large proportion of education/PGCE students each year.

For other colleges, which are mostly located in the centre of Cambridge, the department is a good 30-45 minute walk. I'm at Cambridge for my undergrad at the moment, so I'm putting down my current college and Homerton. I'm biased but can vouch for Sidney Sussex as a friendly, well-located and mid-sized college (about 300 undergrad and 200 postgrad). Not sure how many PGCE students they take each year, but you'll be able to contact each college directly to ask if they're likely to be able to offer you a place.
    Thanking you ever so kindly, I really appreciate it I know a lot of people put down Homerton but from what I've heard it's fairly difficult fro PGCE students to secure accommodation there!

As I need accommodation I'm currently debating whether I should put down two colleges where I am guaranteed accommodation or Homerton and one other. Sidney Sussex sounds lovely and I looked it up after reading this however, according to the list I have received they give preference to existing students so I couldn't take the risk! Any other recommendations? Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Literacy skills test tomorrow and numeracy the day after.. I have been doing ok on the Literacy practice tests but not so well on the numeracy. Are the real ones similar in difficulty to the practice please? Stressing out at the moment! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry-Louise123)
    Literacy skills test tomorrow and numeracy the day after.. I have been doing ok on the Literacy practice tests but not so well on the numeracy. Are the real ones similar in difficulty to the practice please? Stressing out at the moment! Thank you
    I'd say the literacy one was on par with the practice ones, but I found the numeracy one quite a bit easier. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boggleman)
    Has anyone had an interview at the University of Manchester yet? I have mine on the 10th and I'm super worried about it, making myself ill if I'm honest. I've already been rejected from MMU, so my hopes for UoM are pretty slim, if anyone could offer me any hints/tips about their interview process, I would be eternally grateful, and much less stressed :/
    Mod edit: discussion of specific interview activities is against TSR rules and will result in a card.

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of people have found the numeracy much easier but tbh mine wasn't! If anything slightly harder so make sure you're fully prepared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boggleman)
    Don't let not getting an offer in one uni put you off at another. Different unis look for different things, and also you will be against different candidates. Plus everyone performs slightly differently on different days in different environments, and the interviewers will have different views as well. The MMU result is certainly not a reason you shouldn't get in UoM.

Whatever you do don't panic and stress yourself out overpreparing. You can only be your best, and making yourself ill will definitely not help! Plus, to an extent, I think that there is a time which someone is ready to enter a specific teacher training course and the uni is likely to see that whatever, so there's a limited amount you can do (just reflect on experience really!).

Good luck

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Pretty sure the skills tests are compulsory.

They've already passed them, that's what she meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I'd say the literacy one was on par with the practice ones, but I found the numeracy one quite a bit easier. Good luck!
    Thank you! I hope the literacy goes okay then if it is on par with practice!

(Original post by Brooksy1704)
    I know lots of people have found the numeracy much easier but tbh mine wasn't! If anything slightly harder so make sure you're fully prepared!

oh no really? I am tempted to reschedule my numeracy one as I don't feel as prepared as I should. I might do another practice tomorrow morning after the literacy test and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Also- do any of you know if the UCAS welcome letter is okay for evidence of applying please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.