Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: It's okay to eat nice food! Hope you're okay, anything particularly up? Big :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ughhh, just not doing so well tbh, the plan was to move into halls so i could minimise the isolation and also have three meals a day, and i've been here almost two weeks, have had maybe 5 or 6 meals here (have had a couple out dw) and have shut everybody out except for when i have classes

ReputationRep:
    It is :yep:

Exactly! I can only imagine how difficult it must be though :console: I'm sure you're doing very well considering it all :hugs: You did a whole DofE expedition!! :eek:

Yeah Generally been better the last week or so, though today's been rubbish so far tbh Eurgh, that doesn't sound fun at all - Do you have an inhaler? (I guess so - I guess they don't do that much though then? :sad:)

I know! thought it'd take weeks, but all very simple Well I need to be careful, I think one of them has a nerf gun

Might do later today Written a draft and sent to parents to read over, will send later this evening - the person only works 9-2 anyway, so doesn't matter so much now when I send it Me too

Hope asthma and stuff has been better for you today :hugs:

:lol: It can go along with your pink kettle? Oh :console: Though actually - I suppose it's :gah: for free stationary! Haha, seems like a good idea I wish I did :sad: I have found it quite de-stressing too to organise everything/have it all in the right place - very satisfying! Though at the same time it takes tiime I'd much rather be over-organised than under! (and sadly I am the latter or I think I am :lol: At the same time I obsess/overthink most decisions...)

Haha Yesterday was awesome, yeah Today not so much sadly, but oh well :sigh:
    You up to much today?

Haha, I guess so :lol: Oh yes, I never quite understand that bit of a service completely, well, I sort of do, but anyway Thinking of going to the CU this year, I want some sort of faith back tbh, or even just to be about some (generally) super friendly people and free food!

Thanks! It almost did, but I think it was just me being impatient - in that it took maybe 2 hours to finally set up, but tbh I thought it'd be weeks before we were connected, so wasn't that bad at all (and quite possibly very good compared to most people's experiences - this is my first time though ) Unfortunately not but did manage sleep!
    We have to play scrabble soon Glad you had a good time there

I don't go there, but I think most (if not all) universities will have some form of student support services - and there'll also be a GP clinic either on campus or nearby which you'll be able to register at/see GP's there.
    I think on the whole student support services can vary a lot Uni to Uni - though I know that lancaster as a Uni generally gets pretty high student satisfaction scores, so maybe their support is quite good there? Though that's just a vague guess/hope.
    Here's some links to lancaster stuff - they have counselling and wellbeing services, it seems
    http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/wellbeing/
    http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/counselling/

Hope this somehow vaguely helps, big hugs, and welcome to the thread!

Me too Haven't had an appointment in ages actually Should probably sort it soon...
    Hope it goes well!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: It's okay to eat nice food! Hope you're okay, anything particularly up? Big :hugs:

they sound horrible! :jumphug: Hope you're feeling a bit better soon lovely :console: :hugs:

:eek: Pictures at some point please

:hugs: Thanks Tilly Hope you're okay

I think the way he posted was just a bit combative possibly? :dontknow: Didn't really know what I'd have said to him the way he posted, don't know I don't know enough about it myself I suppose

Hope you're doing okay at the moment Deyesy - are you starting Uni soon? I can't remember

:woo: Well done I guess I'd advice following people between lectures if they're one after another Don't know - or I know that I found that everyone's so friendly at Uni, in freshers/first term particularly - if you ask someone where something is I'm sure they'll be friendly about it Though I appreciate that talking to strangers is kinda scary! Particularly peers you don't know (at least I find)
    Hope you have a great time :hugs:

-----------------------------------

Feeling bleh-ish most of today sadly, and I think I sort of know why - haven't gotten outside/done much Going to cook some dinner now, then go to the ducks/tescos I think - just something to get me out really. Can reply to property manager person soon, once mum's replied, then don't know what.
    Might try and watch doctor who tomorrow in cinema, and hopefully finish tidying everything away too.

:sigh: I know it's just a small hiccup/I've in general had a great week/few days, but still just so annoying :dontknow:
    thanks. feels like ive been punched in the stomach right now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I think my anxiety is mostly selfishness on my part to be honest .

Though I think I have social media anxiety because it stresses me when I know people have sent me msgs on fb they expect replies to and additionally when I avoid it then they start following me on other sites - awkward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Oh yeah you have to pay don't you...dentist prices are ridiculous -.-

I'm coming back for his birthday in a month, he's gone more than a month without seeing me before haha I'll see him on Thursday before I go anyway!
    £18.50 for a check up. Told me everything was fine no decay no trend towards gum disease. Did say my jaw is tight from grinding my teeth, he thinks it's stress. Gave me exercises. He did tell me off for snacking too much though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Pictures at some point please

Feeling bleh-ish most of today sadly, and I think I sort of know why - haven't gotten outside/done much Going to cook some dinner now, then go to the ducks/tescos I think - just something to get me out really. Can reply to property manager person soon, once mum's replied, then don't know what.
    Might try and watch doctor who tomorrow in cinema, and hopefully finish tidying everything away too.

:sigh: I know it's just a small hiccup/I've in general had a great week/few days, but still just so annoying :dontknow:
    Okay! :p:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=325071&stc=1 Theres one for now, he's fast asleep again!

I know that feeling where you've had a great few days and then you get a bit down, it's normal though don't let it get to you too much!

(Original post by Tibbz2)
    I would love a new dog, but if I'm off to uni next year then it would be unfair to get one as I would never see it regularly
    I'm staying at home for uni when I go back and my mum doesn't work that much so someone will be home with him all the time, so we've finally got one!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    £18.50 for a check up. Told me everything was fine no decay no trend towards gum disease. Did say my jaw is tight from grinding my teeth, he thinks it's stress. Gave me exercises. He did tell me off for snacking too much though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lool mine asked me if i ate loads of cake and chocolate, i was so tempted to be like 'well i didn't get to this size on celery, did i?' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Well done for making it to uni! :dance: And good luck for lectures and making friends.
    Thanks . Not too fussed about making friends. I'm the kind of person who gets on quite well on their own. But the lectures will be fun. Looking forward to actually getting stuck into my subject since I really enjoy it.

Hope you are well .

:woo: Well done I guess I'd advice following people between lectures if they're one after another Don't know - or I know that I found that everyone's so friendly at Uni, in freshers/first term particularly - if you ask someone where something is I'm sure they'll be friendly about it Though I appreciate that talking to strangers is kinda scary! Particularly peers you don't know (at least I find)
    Hope you have a great time :hugs:
    Yeah I have asked for help from a few people and they seemed nice enough. Will have to do a bit more exploring tomorrow to see what else I can find after my morning lecture. I'm so unfit though that after walking around campus in the heat I end up getting really hot and sweaty, still could be worse I guess.

Hope you are well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I think my anxiety is mostly selfishness on my part to be honest .

Though I think I have social media anxiety because it stresses me when I know people have sent me msgs on fb they expect replies to and additionally when I avoid it then they start following me on other sites - awkward!
    That's why I dislike the 'seen' option of Facebook. If you read a message, but have to reply later and legitimately forgetting, it makes you look worse than it is. I'll admit, when I post a message on Facebook and it says seen and they don't message back after a while, I'm like "did I say something wrong?" But you don't want to say anything just incase you got the worng end of the stick

ReputationRep:
    :lol: It can go along with your pink kettle? Oh :console: Though actually - I suppose it's :gah: for free stationary! Haha, seems like a good idea I wish I did :sad: I have found it quite de-stressing too to organise everything/have it all in the right place - very satisfying! Though at the same time it takes tiime I'd much rather be over-organised than under! (and sadly I am the latter or I think I am :lol: At the same time I obsess/overthink most decisions...)

Haha Yesterday was awesome, yeah Today not so much sadly, but oh well :sigh:
    You up to much today?
    i don't know what colour the kettle is :lol: and yessss! i LOVE stationary! Cannot WAAAIT to go shopping for stationary i lead such a sad life hahah! i should probably go and drive again but i full on cba :/ i always always file stuff cos it keeps me organised and SLIGHTLY less stressed (we all know i stress like a mad woman ) however, it tends to slip slightly every now and again and then i have to re-sort everything, but i find that weirdly satisfying haha

thats good then, but whats wrong now? i went to the cinema with my little cousin, and he started crying because he doesn't want me to leave for uni. it broke my heart :/

ReputationRep:
    I really have lost the will to live. staring at walls wondering how the hell my life ever got this ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    lool mine asked me if i ate loads of cake and chocolate, i was so tempted to be like 'well i didn't get to this size on celery, did i?' :lol:
    Should have said that lol. Cheeky gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Should have said that lol. Cheeky gets.
    it was before he looked at my teeth so he obviously was asking if i ate lots of sugar, but its pretty damn obvious that i eat something i shouldn't, which is likely to be sugar :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=325071&stc=1 Theres one for now, he's fast asleep again!
    :puppyeyes: So cute!

(Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Thanks . Not too fussed about making friends. I'm the kind of person who gets on quite well on their own. But the lectures will be fun. Looking forward to actually getting stuck into my subject since I really enjoy it.

Hope you are well .
    I'm actually really looking forward to uni (next year) for the course content as well, the social aspect is just an add on bonus for me. Aren't we the odd ones?

I'm good thanks, continuing my premature Christmas present making binge (the hard part is not giving people the presents straight away ) and waiting in hope of my DBS check coming back within the next century... :moon:

Random question I've been asking everyone I know: does anyone here know Makaton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    That's why I dislike the 'seen' option of Facebook. If you read a message, but have to reply later and legitimately forgetting, it makes you look worse than it is. I'll admit, when I post a message on Facebook and it says seen and they don't message back after a while, I'm like "did I say something wrong?" But you don't want to say anything just incase you got the worng end of the stick
    Even when I don't read it people see when I am online so msg me. It mildly upsets me. I deleted fb app and messenger app to hopefully avoid this happening. I never read more than the preview.

I'm actually really looking forward to uni (next year) for the course content as well, the social aspect is just an add on bonus for me. Aren't we the odd ones?

I'm good thanks, continuing my premature Christmas present making binge (the hard part is not giving people the presents straight away ) and waiting in hope of my DBS check coming back within the next century... :moon:

Random question I've been asking everyone I know: does anyone here know Makaton?
    No but I would love to learn. Some courses are quite expensive.

ReputationRep:

I know what toilet is :giggle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    No but I would love to learn. Some courses are quite expensive.
    :yy: I'm looking into taking a short course in it. Seems like a really useful thing to pick up, especially if I'm going into occupational therapy. The courses I've found have been £90-£100 for four modules/two days, which is actually fairly reasonable compared to foreign language courses I've looked into.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    I know what toilet is :giggle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    :yy: I'm looking into taking a short course in it. Seems like a really useful thing to pick up, especially if I'm going into occupational therapy. The courses I've found have been £90-£100 for four modules/two days, which is actually fairly reasonable compared to foreign language courses I've looked into.

:teehee:
    My mum used to know pretty much all of it, so its deffo worth doing.

Toilet is the funniest though.
    Middle finger up, on your right shoulder front and move it side to side :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It is :yep:

Exactly! I can only imagine how difficult it must be though :console: I'm sure you're doing very well considering it all :hugs: You did a whole DofE expedition!! :eek:

Yeah Generally been better the last week or so, though today's been rubbish so far tbh Eurgh, that doesn't sound fun at all - Do you have an inhaler? (I guess so - I guess they don't do that much though then? :sad:)

I know! thought it'd take weeks, but all very simple Well I need to be careful, I think one of them has a nerf gun

Might do later today Written a draft and sent to parents to read over, will send later this evening - the person only works 9-2 anyway, so doesn't matter so much now when I send it Me too

Hope asthma and stuff has been better for you today :hugs:

-----------------------------------

Yeahh, I don't think D of E was the greatest idea- as I said I have a habit of just keeping going through anything, which is fine until I stop! That said, I'm a lot better with physical stuff than I was, just any kind of mental effort tires me our really quickly

:console: Not good Can you go for a walk or something and see if that helps? Or see ducks! :penguin: (closest to duck I can come up with ). Yeah, got several and tablets and things, they do help but not anything like enough! Been a lot better today though, only had one attack (as opposed to three :unimpressed:) plus mum's been in all day which makes it less scary, on the basis that I know that if I pass out someone can go get help Think something was just triggering it really badly yesterday, don't know what thoguh as I was mainly just at home :dontknow:

Good Ooh, rubber bands vs nerf gun could be entertaining... Maybe don't try that one then :lol:

Good idea to send to parents! I just made my dad read through an email and things before I sent them too, he took one look and said 'so what were you actually trying to say?' :rolleyes:

:eek: Doctor who, I'd forgotten that had been on! Never seen it in cinema though :no:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did meet Matt Smith though once when they were filming in one of the villages near me, and saw it being filmed once near my grandparents too! :excited:
    Hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Theres one for now, he's fast asleep again!

I know that feeling where you've had a great few days and then you get a bit down, it's normal though don't let it get to you too much!

I'm staying at home for uni when I go back and my mum doesn't work that much so someone will be home with him all the time, so we've finally got one!
    :eek::eek::eek: He's so cute! I'm so sorry I never worked out how to send you that photo, I couldn't attach it on PM and then didn't get any further

ReputationRep:

:eek: So cute!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.