The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
talentedlobster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I'll just go with the guy which predicted the US election 100% correct and go

281 Con
267 Lab
51 SNP
26 LD
1 GRN
1 UKIP
15 Others (DUP 8 Sinn 5 SDLP 3)
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
CON: 285
LAB: 270 (dependent on the Scottish vote of course)
LIB: 26
UKIP: 1 (perhaps 2 with 1 taken from the Tories)
GRN: 1
SNP: 51
Others: 16
That maths not right? NI has 18 seats:confused: or am I missing something?
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That maths not right? NI has 18 seats:confused: or am I missing something?
Oops.

CON: 281
LAB: 268
LIB: 26
UKIP: 1
GRN: 1
SNP: 51
Other: 22
talentedlobster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Yougov seem to disagree. While there is no solid data and they declare it too close to call, it's very close in favour of Labour. I damn well hope Labour take his seat, the sooner he's out of the Commons the better.
Never use polls, they don't work just because of the questions they ask. Polls should only be used by statistical analysts that know how they need to do so that the data says something realistic.
That's why when you look statistically look at what the bookies have put down as their odds for each party, they have a reason to get it right and normally they do.
I would advise looking at stats from a website such as fivethirtyeight, as they normally give a much better predictor than data such as polls.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Landbrookes apparently reporting a late surge of money going for a Tory win in both votes and seats.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Landbrookes apparently reporting a late surge of money going for a Tory win in both votes and seats.
With the SNP on course to win every seat in Scotland it is unlikely Labour will manage to gain and Conservatives lose a combined 41 seats in England and Wales.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
With the SNP on course to win every seat in Scotland it is unlikely Labour will manage to gain and Conservatives lose a combined 41 seats in England and Wales.
They won't win every seat. Labour will keep at least some in the cities and the Tories will at least maintain one boarder seat, possibly winning one or two more based on their strength in the boarder regions and the splitting of the left vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One rep point away from my next gem. :sad: why do people have to do that.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
My heart: SNP: 51, green: 20, plaid: 10, UKIP: 1 LD: 30

my head: SNP: 49, green: 1/2, plaid: 3, UKIP: 2, LD: 20
Plaid 10?!?!?! Will the last person left in Wales please turn out the lights?

You're optimistic if you think the Greens will increase their seat total.

UKIP will probably win 4 or 5: Clacton, Thanet South, Thurrock and a shock seat or two.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Plaid 10?!?!?! Will the last person left in Wales please turn out the lights?

You're optimistic if you think the Greens will increase their seat total.

UKIP will probably win 4 or 5: Clacton, Thanet South, Thurrock and a shock seat or two.
I'd like a plaid 10 yes.

maybe. I still have hope for Bristol west though... But I do thing that the greens will gain in terms of %age of the vote.

i recon reckless will stay, I still can't see Thanet voting purple.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I'd like a plaid 10 yes.

maybe. I still have hope for Bristol west though... But I do thing that the greens will gain in terms of %age of the vote.

I think Carswell will keep his seat, Reckless will lose his, and Farage will take Thanet South. People will vote for the name rather than the party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I'd like a plaid 10 yes.

Why do you want Plaid 10? Surely even for you Wales would be better off voting Green?

Tories are polling a way ahead of UKIP in Rochester - that would be one of the shocks.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tactical voting is the way forward for Thursday. Not when however you can taste sleeping tablets on your mouth.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
I think Carswell will keep his seat, Reckless will lose his, and Farage will take Thanet South. People will vote for the name rather than the party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People in Thanet who u would vote labour seem to be voting Tory to keep farage out.
Why do you want Plaid 10? Surely even for you Wales would be better off voting Green?

Tories are polling a way ahead of UKIP in Rochester - that would be one of the shocks.
Oh I would, but I think plaid has more traction in Wales unfortunately.

wait who's carswell and who's reckless?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
People in Thanet who u would vote labour seem to be voting Tory to keep farage out.

Oh I would, but I think plaid has more traction in Wales unfortunately.

wait who's carswell and who's reckless?
Carswell is in Clacton, Reckless in Rochester. Carswell is the only UKIP candidate all-but-guaranteed to be elected, Farage probably will, and Reckless is unlikely to be.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Carswell is in Clacton, Reckless in Rochester. Carswell is the only UKIP candidate all-but-guaranteed to be elected, Farage probably will, and Reckless is unlikely to be.
Carswell was elected first right?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As much as I dislike her, I want Natalie Bennett and Nigel Farage to both win seats in Parliament. I cannot support a system where two parties could both poll above the Liberal Democrats but both have their leaders lose in their bids to become MPs. For the sake of representing the millions of voters they have the leader, or a number of MPs to reflect their voting share, must be elected.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Carswell was elected first right?
Yes.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes.
Thought that was reckless.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aker in Thurrock seems to be doing well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads