Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who did well in A2 chemistry, I sadly did horrifically, I know maybe this year's paper was easier but it's kinda funny that the D I got in F214 this year would've been an A last year, which would put me well into the next grade but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    A*AA for chemistry at Durham. Got AAAA but remarking my English lit. exam as I was 1 raw mark off an A*. I was 7 off I think in chem so too much for remark right?

How did you do?
    Fingers crossed for you mate.

**** knows how it happened but I only managed 103/150 for F325. I genuinely think whoever marked it rushed my paper, I answered every question fully and I knew the content really well. Getting it remarked either way.

All the other exams went well but a B in chemistry stings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)

**** knows how it happened but I only managed 103/150 for F325. I genuinely think whoever marked it rushed my paper, I answered every question fully and I knew the content really well. Getting it remarked either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's still 1 off a B, so not a disaster? The grade boundaries were really high (same as last year I think) though. Did you get into uni?

Hopefully your remark pulls you up

ReputationRep:
    Went down from a high A at AS to a B
    Got an A* in paper one and C in paper two, I knew I flopped that but thought it'll be a B at least.
    Still got into uni though but don't understand why the grade boundaries were so high for the second paper it seems sooo much harder than last years paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel the same, I got close to a B but no idea how I would get less than 71 to advocate getting a C as I've never gotten a C in chem before but I'm not bothering to remark

ReputationRep:
    A*AA for chemistry at Durham. Got AAAA but remarking my English lit. exam as I was 1 raw mark off an A*. I was 7 off I think in chem so too much for remark right?

How did you do?
    7 ums isnt that far. I remarked a biology exam and lost 7 UMS marks in just 1 exam! I've also gained 2 by remarking other exams (this was at AS). So it just goes to show remarks can change things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    7 ums isnt that far. I remarked a biology exam and lost 7 UMS marks in just 1 exam! I've also gained 2 by remarking other exams (this was at AS). So it just goes to show remarks can change things.
    Sorry it's 7 raw marks and 13 UMS! Way too far off for a remark especially for £56 i think.

ReputationRep:
    Got 103/150 in the second paper, which is a C. coursework was a C too (but not surprised, i'm terrible w coursework and my teachers hated me) Got a B overall, w 20 ums from an A. it's funny because i thought that paper was my best one haha, i really liked the module. i'm not overjoyed w the overall but i'm content.

ReputationRep:
    70/90, 111/150 and 60/60 absolutely thrilled

ReputationRep:
    Sorry it's 7 raw marks and 13 UMS! Way too far off for a remark especially for £56 i think.
    It's a 100 mark paper so you never know.
    I did get into uni but it's just irritating. Averaged A's across all the other Chem units so I'm gutted.
    The mark scheme must have been really strict. I need 5 raw for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wait how is it everyone knows what grade they got in individual units ???????????????/ my results slip showed just one grade for chemistry !!! every other subject had its individual units but not chemistry ??
    really wanted to know how I did in F324

is it just my school ????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Went down from a high A at AS to a B
    Got an A* in paper one and C in paper two, I knew I flopped that but thought it'll be a B at least.
    Still got into uni though but don't understand why the grade boundaries were so high for the second paper it seems sooo much harder than last years paper.
    Thing is I walked out of the exam hall "knowing" I done well. Either I was tripping or the exam marker was.
    I don't think I could have learnt anymore chemistry. Sat here scratching my head thinking where it all went wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Did unexpectedly bad in both chem papers :/
    Me too! Got both D while I expect like a B and a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraton)
    Got a C overall tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Congrats to everyone who did well in A2 chemistry, I sadly did horrifically, I know maybe this year's paper was easier but it's kinda funny that the D I got in F214 this year would've been an A last year, which would put me well into the next grade but oh well.
    How did u do in chemistry ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammymxx)
    How did u do in chemistry ?
    I got a D. Just hope I can bounce back.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sakuraton)
    It's horrible! I'm getting them remarked 😊 Although doubt they'll change!

ReputationRep:
    Awfully, I got 23 on the first paper which was a U and then 113 on F325 and 60 on F326. I would appeal the F324 as I can't possibly imagine I actually got a U but I've been accepted into uni anyway so not worth it now.

ReputationRep:
    Only got a C on my F324. Gutted, I am.

ReputationRep:
    I got 150/150 for F325, 88/90 F324, and 60/60 for F326.
    Not sure why I was so worried all along .....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.