Report 10 years ago
xx
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i've epically screwed up. i don't know what the hell i'm doing anymore.
what's up? managed to ge hold of your referees yet ?

i'm so annoyed...internet doesn't work one minute, can't get onto kentmail the next and i'm waiting for emails from my tutor and people. grr.

spent an hour curling my hair...that's how bored i am. it looks ****. nothing suits me.

need to find a dress to wear for my leaving do. have nothing here so means i'll have to buy something new...great (not)
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks KJ21 and Liz :hugs:

Liz im sure your hair isn't bad at all!!
vapid slut magician
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Well done for going Luke Don't worry about having the day off, it's probably a good idea. You would just get too stressed if you went into college now.

I woke up at 11.25am but only because my Mum rang me to tell me she'd been to Jack Wills and bought me the hat I want (well, it should be this one if she got it right! I did tell her the name of it but bless her, she may have bought the second one instead).

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...=4521&Gender=9 (the one I hope she got)
http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...=4241&Gender=9 (the one she may have got)

She said they've said if I take my CV in next week, I might be in with a chance of a job!

Not even dressed yet. Need to get stuff done. Argh, I hate not doing anything
£29 for a hat?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
£29 for a hat?
Yep, which is why I never buy anything full price :p: In the outlet, I can get the £60 shirts for £20 so yeah, it's a very special treat from my Mum seeing as she knows that in 3 months time I could pick it up for a tenner!

------------------

*sigh* I'm annoyed. This is my new facebook profile picture...http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...859527_927.jpg

thing is, it looks photoshopped and it's not, it's the camera. It has this inbuilt 'portrait enhancer' thing so it makes my skin look airbrushed without me having to do a thing. It bugs me because my skin isn't that nice and it makes me look fake. Meh. That's my curly hair anyway!

People want me to go out tonight but for some reason I want to stay in in the warm. The walk across campus doesn't appeal to me. I'm thinking of cancelling my Leaving Do aswell because I just don't feel sociable.

How has everyone been today? :hugs:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can I pop my head in here? Im having a very rough day today- how, erm.....confidential is this? eg do many people pop in and out? or is it constant and keep things to themselves?
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
what's up? managed to ge hold of your referees yet ?
i've got referrees fine. can't find anywhere that'll put me up just for christmas. also realised that even with a job i'll probably end up losing money over christmas, so **** it. i'll be spending the christmas break alone in my bedroom in canada. at least that way i'll save money.......
i'm so annoyed...internet doesn't work one minute, can't get onto kentmail the next and i'm waiting for emails from my tutor and people. grr.

spent an hour curling my hair...that's how bored i am. it looks ****. nothing suits me.

need to find a dress to wear for my leaving do. have nothing here so means i'll have to buy something new...great (not)
my internet's on and off. i guess that's a good thing, forces me to actually go and talk to people.
look forward to your leaving thing yeah? takes your mind off things!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys,
I just wanted to write and say hi, but I'm not really up to writing much.
Luke, I'm so proud of you for your uni offers and going to the Mental Health people :hugs:
Liz, if you know it's not photoshopped that's all that matters. I don't think it's been changed that much by your cam anyway cos you're already pretty
Pocket calc, I hope someone gets back to you with a reference soon!
Laus, I think I might have given the game away about me by leaving this page up on my laptop. Oops, but I dunno. I'd like my flat mates to know but at the same time not if that makes any sense!
Lots of :hugs: for everyone xx
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had enough
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I've had enough
Hey, what's up? :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
Can I pop my head in here? Im having a very rough day today- how, erm.....confidential is this? eg do many people pop in and out? or is it constant and keep things to themselves?
we have our regular posters and that's about it really. odd couple of people pop in every now and then but i'd say is was pretty confidential. :hugs: for you though, sorry to hear you're having a rough day.

(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i've got referrees fine. can't find anywhere that'll put me up just for christmas. also realised that even with a job i'll probably end up losing money over christmas, so **** it. i'll be spending the christmas break alone in my bedroom in canada. at least that way i'll save money.......
don't get too down. christmas is hard for everyone, regardless of what they say. for many people i know it'll be the first christmas without a loved one. for my family it'll be the first anniversary of my great uncle passing away. lots of people will be on their own so don't feel too down. it's only a day after all. i don't really get the big hype over it really. it's the time of the year that the most domestic incidents occur...how great is that? but yeah...sleep or something! that's my plan

(Original post by Becki08)
I've had enough
What's up poppet? We love you! :hugs: xx
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahh ok. heres my rant

I've just had to go through my 3rd miscarriage in a year- all from silly mistakes, all not wanted, but physically i'm feeling sick- emotionally, im feeling sick aswell. I feel guilty, and i just want someone to talk it over, as the only person who knows is i think ignoring me (not replying to a text or email) and probably getting plastered right now- im just feeling very lonely, and just...racked with guilt, and a loss- a huge sense of loss again.

To top this off im still job searching- not got much money, and i hate borrowing from the rents as they're low too...and for the past few months ive woken up just not wanting to wake up, i've had unproductive days, and have no energy or motivation even to eat.

just a rant and a bit of support really..
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone here wants nothing to do with me, can't say I blame them. Who would want to know a pathetic freak?!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahh ok. heres my rant

I've just had to go through my 3rd miscarriage in a year- all from silly mistakes, all not wanted, but physically i'm feeling sick- emotionally, im feeling sick aswell. I feel guilty, and i just want someone to talk it over, as the only person who knows is i think ignoring me (not replying to a text or email) and probably getting plastered right now- im just feeling very lonely, and just...racked with guilt, and a loss- a huge sense of loss again.

To top this off im still job searching- not got much money, and i hate borrowing from the rents as they're low too...and for the past few months ive woken up just not wanting to wake up, i've had unproductive days, and have no energy or motivation even to eat.

Anna, :hugs: that sounds pretty bad. I'm sure though, that this person isn't ignoring you, is it possible they may be away from their phone/computer?

I don't know your personal situation, really, but perhaps you are suffering from depression, and you might need a trip to the docs?

Also, do you know the reason why you keep miscarrying?

Many a hug xx
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone here wants nothing to do with me, can't say I blame them. Who would want to know a pathetic freak?!
Meee!
Because you aren't pathetic or a freak :hugs:
What's made you think that they all dislike you?
xx
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're all getting a house together next year and told me they don't want me to live with them. I'm never any good at making friends. Things never change.

:hugs:
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're all getting a house together next year and told me they don't want me to live with them. I'm never any good at making friends. Things never change.

:hugs:

Becki don't think this ever. You seem a really really nice person and you will get through this. Those people you share a house with are just idiots and its only November, alot can happen between now and when you actually have to find a house. You will make friends on your course and societies (join them) Trust me everything will be fine O.K hun xxx
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
:o: I sent an email to my manager yesterday saying that I was depressed and worried that I might become suicidal due to the stress of the job...he wasn't around yesterday but he pulled me off to an interview room for a wee chat where he just reassured me that my health should be my top priority, that I should arrange to see a doctor and he'll take care of all the stuff for that (I'd have to miss work and was a bit concerned about that as I'd been ill last week and didn't want to be noted down for excessive absenteeism or something), and that I should just be up front with him and the likes of him and Alana (lovely woman who does quality control for us) would always be willing to have a chat with me and offer support and stuff. I still feel a bit uncomfortable around him (nothing personal, it's just my nature), but I've really warmed to Alana recently so would probably be OK with discussing stuff with her...

I work my ass off and I love the job...I'm just worried that I'm pushing myself too much and will crack under pressure. But I also don't really want to quit because I do love the job and know I'd regret it if I quit (just like I still regret dropping out of uni). Told my manager I'd see how things go over the next few weeks, and hopefully I'll have the confidence to get through the rather painful Christmas period, which is what scares me (as Christmas comes up we're going to get customers who are really anxious about whether items they order will arrive for Christmas, they're going to be stressed out as a result, will probably ***** a lot and although I'm not at fault or anything I'd be the one who gets it all in the neck...and I know from experience that loads of those calls really take their toll on you)
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
:o: I sent an email to my manager yesterday saying that I was depressed and worried that I might become suicidal due to the stress of the job...he wasn't around yesterday but he pulled me off to an interview room for a wee chat where he just reassured me that my health should be my top priority, that I should arrange to see a doctor and he'll take care of all the stuff for that (I'd have to miss work and was a bit concerned about that as I'd been ill last week and didn't want to be noted down for excessive absenteeism or something), and that I should just be up front with him and the likes of him and Alana (lovely woman who does quality control for us) would always be willing to have a chat with me and offer support and stuff. I still feel a bit uncomfortable around him (nothing personal, it's just my nature), but I've really warmed to Alana recently so would probably be OK with discussing stuff with her...

I work my ass off and I love the job...I'm just worried that I'm pushing myself too much and will crack under pressure. But I also don't really want to quit because I do love the job and know I'd regret it if I quit (just like I still regret dropping out of uni). Told my manager I'd see how things go over the next few weeks, and hopefully I'll have the confidence to get through the rather painful Christmas period, which is what scares me (as Christmas comes up we're going to get customers who are really anxious about whether items they order will arrive for Christmas, they're going to be stressed out as a result, will probably ***** a lot and although I'm not at fault or anything I'd be the one who gets it all in the neck...and I know from experience that loads of those calls really take their toll on you)

I think you need to stop and think about your health first. Yes you love your job, but how will you love your job if your stuck in hospital or god for bid you wont, but end up dead? I think you really need to take some time off and go and see a doctor. Try not to think about work and always think " My health is most important" When you feel you are ready to go back to work then go back, but dont untill your completely ready. I know you love your job but no job is worth risking your health and even life over.

If you need anything im here to talk!!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahh ok. heres my rant

:console: :hugs: Aww sweetie! :hugs: I'm so sorry that you feel alone whilst going through this. I bet it's a really scary thing to have to go through even though you didn't want a baby. Why do you feel guilty poppet? It's not your fault! There was nothing you could have done to prevent any of the miscarriages so please don't feel guilty.

As for the job hunt, keep reminding yourself that we're in a recession and people are losing their jobs left, right and centre. It's very difficult to get a job at the minute so please don't be too disheartened. Maybe look into voluntary work to pass some time.

Keep in touch with us all here. We may not have cures, but we can give hugs! :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads