Maths Uni Chat Watch

Dadeyemi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did better on it than the last paper I think but that was probably more to do with exam technique than the paper (in paper 1 I didn't actually read all the questions so didn't do 2 of the easier V&M q's)
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
The DE equations were computationally intense and pretty non-standard (who on earth would know Taylor's theorem to third order for several variables...? Not even Taylor). Urgh. On the upside, two of the probabilities were easy, and I could get another one out. It didn't help that I repeatedly kept misreading the time and thinking I had half an hour less than I did, causing many careless mistakes. The short questions were... not short bar the first one, so I avoided most of them. Sigh.
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ChrisKing)
Couldn't agree more with that sentence. However I do believe when taking notes it is very frustrating to have her wipe everything off the board. When I go and see her in her office with specific problems she is very clear and spends as much time as I need explaining it.

The most annoying thing about our lectures is the girl that sneezes really loudly...
That's our new president of mathssoc! :cool:

Charlotte :o: Tbf it is absoltuely hilarious xD Quite deafening when she does it in alift or somet :eek:
Dadeyemi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
The DE equations were computationally intense and pretty non-standard (who on earth would know Taylor's theorem to third order for several variables...? Not even Taylor). Urgh. On the upside, two of the probabilities were easy, and I could get another one out. It didn't help that I repeatedly kept misreading the time and thinking I had half an hour less than I did, causing many careless mistakes. The short questions were... not short bar the first one, so I avoided most of them. Sigh.
Q3 was rather short
ForGreatJustice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
half way through exams, haven't posted here in so long, V&M + Analysis was a complete nightmare, so many silly mistakes.

DE & probability = <3, probably my 2 strongest subjects, feel happy now
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My revision today has been isketch Until i got banned for drawing a penis *sulk*
Oh I Really Don't Care
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ste0731)
My revision today has been isketch Until i got banned for drawing a penis *sulk*
Same, planned on doing alot but ended up going into the centre and buying a humidor and half a dozen cigars then took a massive nap. Just woke up now - furiously revising again.

How did your latest exam go?
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
Same, planned on doing alot but ended up going into the centre and buying a humidor and half a dozen cigars then took a massive nap. Just woke up now - furiously revising again.

How did your latest exam go?
Failed miserably.
My attempt at mechanics was to learn how one particle moves so I can calculate max height, max distance etc etc. Get in the exam and it's TWO particles, so none of my methods worked :mad:

Then I remembered the angular of momentum formula and the other mechanical crap, get in the exam "starting from newtons second law" prove the formula :mad: So got about 2marks on mechanics if he likes my sketch of a helicopter, otherwise it'll be 0. And the ODE's was just disastrous

Strating to dread linear algebra, So many definitions and proofs and applying of them to remember. It's not difficult, just a large quantity Should of really done accountancy at uni.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
To be honest 2 was very short too. If you're confident in manipulating partial derivatives, it takes less than 10 minutes. You have to concentrate mildly for the first part, but meh.
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Eurovision makes me lol

Why do we insist on entering crap
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have just found what would've been the perfect thing to do in almost all my exams. Too late for me, but maybe some of you would appreciate it..
Spoiler:
Show
v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ruvermillion)
Hello all,

I am planning to apply for the Imeprial Maths with Applied Maths/Mathematical Physics degree in the future. The subjects i take are: Maths,Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry. Will i be disadvantaged for not having Physics as it is Mathematical Physics?

I have tried emailing them but have had no success in getting a response. Any help will be appreciated
Applying to Imperial, you will be very disadvantaged...
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ste0731)
Failed miserably.
My attempt at mechanics was to learn how one particle moves so I can calculate max height, max distance etc etc. Get in the exam and it's TWO particles, so none of my methods worked :mad:

Then I remembered the angular of momentum formula and the other mechanical crap, get in the exam "starting from newtons second law" prove the formula :mad: So got about 2marks on mechanics if he likes my sketch of a helicopter, otherwise it'll be 0. And the ODE's was just disastrous

Strating to dread linear algebra, So many definitions and proofs and applying of them to remember. It's not difficult, just a large quantity Should of really done accountancy at uni.
This is when you need to start drinking heavily. Your worries will be qualmed - but your revisions plans may suffer also, but come on you can fail the first year and they will let you carry on.
Hathlan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Linux room autists getting pissed in linux. This would make great TV.
around
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
Pissed off or pissed?
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
Yeah, am I misreading that or have people decided that boozing in a linux room is a good plan, after the previous people deciding to get it on in there?
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If there was an exam on isketch, i'd probably pass the amount i've played it recently
Simplicity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I might make a TSR thread later.

Its just there is some gay upside T for linear algebra. Its like, what the hell is that symbol.

P.S. Wikipedia will probably have the anwser.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sometimes represents that two subspaces are perpendicular.
nota bene
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's certainly the only use I've seen for it... (perp. vectors/subspaces)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads