Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobius323)
    Yeah, I'm hoping both Griffin and Luck get some decent gametime, though I suspect that just about every team in the League will be looking for a solid backup QB and they'd rather get that out of the way early. We all know who the starters will be for the Skins and Colts.
    God knows what the Jags are looking for then. We've got four QBs and I've little to no faith in any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    God knows what the Jags are looking for then. We've got four QBs and I've little to no faith in any of them.
    Haha, yeah, though I think that Jacksonville had more problems on offense last year than just at QB. I mean, it doesn't help that Gabbert found the turf more than enough and he couldn't stay upright, but you looked stagnant with receivers last year. You guys haven't even signed up Blackmon yet, have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobius323)
    Haha, yeah, though I think that Jacksonville had more problems on offense last year than just at QB. I mean, it doesn't help that Gabbert found the turf more than enough and he couldn't stay upright, but you looked stagnant with receivers last year. You guys haven't even signed up Blackmon yet, have you?
    They finally signed Blackmon earlier in the week. From what I've read there are conflicting reports on what the Jags got out of delaying it all. Some say they have protection in the contract against Blackmon getting another DUI and some say they don't. All seems like a bit of a shambles to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    They finally signed Blackmon earlier in the week. From what I've read there are conflicting reports on what the Jags got out of delaying it all. Some say they have protection in the contract against Blackmon getting another DUI and some say they don't. All seems like a bit of a shambles to me.
    I guess you want protection with a player who starts off his career with something bad like a DUI. Suspect you'll end up having paid him more if he runs up his rookie contract without getting into any more trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Eagles fan here. Can't wait to see how the rookies have bedded in following a pretty good camp by all account. Hopefully Dion Lewis can show everyone his potential and give McCoy some rest during the season.

ReputationRep:
    Watching Skins at the Bills. On RG3's first two possessions, Washington were poor. But on the third possession, Washington hit the right side of the field on the run a good six times, with Griffin hitting Pierre Garcon three times too, one for a touchdown. Looks like he may have found a favourite receiver already.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious how does England feel about Tim Tebow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomaInvicta)
    Love him. I've watched him since he was but a little baby Gator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Love him. I've watched him since he was but a little baby Gator.
    I can understand the rest of the world not exclusively holding the extreme views of I LOVE Tebow or I HATE Tebow, since the sports media outside of the US probably does not give him non-stop attention for half the year.

ReputationRep:
    I like him. I loved his famous speech after one of the Gator's defeats and the fact that whilst pundits last year were saying he can't win playing the way he does, he was out there winning. I remember reading this article last season and I thought it was great.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...117638504.html

ReputationRep:
    Peyton Manning looked okay in his only series last night. Two of his incompletions were on the money, just the receiver couldn't hold onto the ball. One of them was actually the interception that ended the series - pass was tipped by his receiver straight onto the safety. Looked okay, didn't take a hit though.

Watched a little bit of Saints vs Patriots. Anyone see that hit on Brady in the first quarter? Must have had more than a few Patriots fans holding their breath!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Tebow, I respect his faith in God and how that drives him on. I don't share his beliefs or anything, but good for him I guess. That said, he's now a Jet so I like him a little less.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a nice guy but hes a **** quarterback IMO

ReputationRep:
    Very exciting to watch. I don't see any massive problems with grooming him as a starter. If he can improve his consistency, so that he can complete 55% of passes with max 1 INT a game, then he should be on the whole very effective.

He's no Cam Newton or Michael Vick, but he has talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    As a Patriots fan from Boston (USA) I have to wonder, what is the link? Is it because the region they represent is called New England?
    That's pretty much exactly why I chose the Pats.

That, and the fact that on ESPN 2K5 and Madden 08 (the two games I played before really following the NFL), Tom Brady was rated pretty good and I liked the passing game.

ReputationRep:
    Gahhh, David Garrard! So unlucky. Hopefully Moore wins the starting job now, don't want Tannehill in too early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    Gahhh, David Garrard! So unlucky. Hopefully Moore wins the starting job now, don't want Tannehill in too early.
    It's weird for a quarterback to hurt his knee in training camp. I feel sorry for him, and it looks like his playing days are just about up. Good luck to Matt Moore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okashira)
    It's weird for a quarterback to hurt his knee in training camp. I feel sorry for him, and it looks like his playing days are just about up. Good luck to Matt Moore.
    We'll see, it's not too serious I think, a 2-4 week thing I've read. But I think it's something that he's had on and off for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Tannehill actually did quite well. Admittedly, it was the Bucs' 2nd/3rd stringers, but it didn't look so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Very exciting to watch. I don't see any massive problems with grooming him as a starter. If he can improve his consistency, so that he can complete 55% of passes with max 1 INT a game, then he should be on the whole very effective.

He's no Cam Newton or Michael Vick, but he has talent.
    But by the time he develops to an NFL level of pocket passing he will probably be too old and beaten up to run effectively, in which case why not groom someone who has shown actual potential. His talent ceiling at that position is kind of a mixture of David Carr and Kim Kardashian. He'll probably finish his career playing for the Leicester Falcons for a few grand a year nothing.

Seriously though, I'm not sure about special teams but offensive subpackages are about where he should be, and third round picks are about what he is worth. There will be 5 QBs in every draft for the rest of his career with more grooming potential (no homo) than he has.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.