Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think ive found my calling!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently during pregnancy you can get a secondary breast o.O

ReputationRep:
    Senior orthopaedic surgeon puts the PM in his place haha: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13771099

ReputationRep:
    Blimey! I am ACTUALLY bricking it for results on Friday morning! :puke:

I wasn't nervous during the exams, but now I keep replaying bits of my OSCE I messed up and that horrible anatomy exam I would have done better in if I actually took it seriously all year round! Ah man! I've been playing FIFA nonstop with my buddies from 11 this morning trying to take my mind off it (which kinda worked), but as soon as they left this evening, the fear set in again. :hide:

Semi busy days tomorrow and Thursday so that should help take my mind off it. I hope.

I actually HATE second year - I would HATE to have to resit anything from this year.

I am going to see Lion King on the Friday night though irrespective of how results go. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I think ive found my calling!
    Which is?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for thr triple post, but WELL DONE to EVERYONE who got their results and passed today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Blimey! I am ACTUALLY bricking it for results on Friday morning! :puke:

I wasn't nervous during the exams, but now I keep replaying bits of my OSCE I messed up and that horrible anatomy exam I would have done better in if I actually took it seriously all year round! Ah man! I've been playing FIFA nonstop with my buddies from 11 this morning trying to take my mind off it (which kinda worked), but as soon as they left this evening, the fear set in again. :hide:

Semi busy days tomorrow and Thursday so that should help take my mind off it. I hope.

I actually HATE second year - I would HATE to have to resit anything from this year.

I am going to see Lion King on the Friday night though irrespective of how results go. :p:
    All the best of luck with your results!

I agree about second year - been by far the ****tiest year for me. Instead of actually REVISING for my exams in 12 days time, I'm still looking at the last week of lectures for the FIRST time. ****ing brilliant. Why is medicine full of letter and number combinations? I've reached a saturation point. I can't fit any more damn acronyms, regardless of how good they are. It's a bit of a problem now.

I'm thankful semesters 2 - 4 is cumulative otherwise I would be ****ed right now.

WHY DO I STILL HAVE EXAMS? WHY? WHYYY?

ReputationRep:
    That surgeon on the news could have been a bit more suave about it but he has a point.

No point in us being strict about infection control when every other Tom,**** and Harry is going to do as they please.

It's a shame the trust will come down on him like a ton of brick but the opportunity to get on telly and tell of the PM's entourage is one that cannot go untaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Senior orthopaedic surgeon puts the PM in his place haha: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13771099
    I actually think he could have handled that a little better, it was a little urm... consultish?

Fantastic watching non-the-less, Cameron obv isn't getting his vote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    That surgeon on the news could have been a bit more suave about it but he has a point.

No point in us being strict about infection control when every other Tom,**** and Harry is going to do as they please.

It's a shame the trust will come down on him like a ton of brick but the opportunity to get on telly and tell of the PM's entourage is one that cannot go untaken.
    Great minds think a-like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Great minds think a-like
    Damn right. I would have thrown sterili-gel at them! Or lamented that: "This never would have happened under labour!", or that like Tory policies regarding the NHS,the camera men "Don't wash well with the public".

Or something even more witty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    All the best of luck with your results!

I agree about second year - been by far the ****tiest year for me. Instead of actually REVISING for my exams in 12 days time, I'm still looking at the last week of lectures for the FIRST time. ****ing brilliant. Why is medicine full of letter and number combinations? I've reached a saturation point. I can't fit any more damn acronyms, regardless of how good they are. It's a bit of a problem now.

I'm thankful semesters 2 - 4 is cumulative otherwise I would be ****ed right now.

WHY DO I STILL HAVE EXAMS? WHY? WHYYY?
    Dude, I looked at stuff for the first time two days before my first written exam. Haha. I learnt stuff for the first time the night before my last exam. When will I learn to revise well in advance??

And I swear I had a gazillion mnemonics for the end of year exams. It was so much fun making them! Stupidly didn't learn my 'numbers' this time round and there was a whole 5 mark EMQ of acidosis/alkalosis and ranges and crap (3 of which I luckily knew only because they were thrown around in conversation in my SSC with the paramedics earlier on this year).

Good Luck with the exams! You guys must be one of the last lot of second years to finish exams. One of my best mates is at UEA and he hasn't started yet either but generally speaking most people have finished already.

ReputationRep:
    Damn right. I would have thrown sterili-gel at them! Or lamented that: "This never would have happened under labour!", or that like Tory policies regarding the NHS, like the camera men "Don't wash well with the public".

That made me laugh I'd probably throw in a few swear words to make myself super classy though :cool: then try to stomp off in clogs and fail.

ReputationRep:
    Damn right. I would have thrown sterili-gel at them! Or lamented that: "This never would have happened under labour!", or that like Tory policies regarding the NHS, like the camera men "Don't wash well with the public".

Ah, l'esprit_de_l'escalier

ReputationRep:
    I came across that little beauty just yesterday evening. I knew there had to be a term for the feeling of being clever a little too late.

Try not to let it happen too often though...just keeping speaking whilst I run away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Dude, I looked at stuff for the first time two days before my first written exam. Haha. I learnt stuff for the first time the night before my last exam. When will I learn to revise well in advance??

And I swear I had a gazillion mnemonics for the end of year exams. It was so much fun making them! Stupidly didn't learn my 'numbers' this time round and there was a whole 5 mark EMQ of acidosis/alkalosis and ranges and crap (3 of which I luckily knew only because they were thrown around in conversation in my SSC with the paramedics earlier on this year).

Good Luck with the exams! You guys must be one of the last lot of second years to finish exams. One of my best mates is at UEA and he hasn't started yet either but generally speaking most people have finished already.
    Got my last exam of second year tomorrow: Repro+endo spotter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Well if you notice, Cameron agrees with him and its more the camera crew he puts into place...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else seen this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...oosing_to_Die/

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

Exams finished, hopefully for a while, and self-imposed 4 week TSR ban over!

(Original post by visesh)
    My last exam is tomorrow. Starting to properly brick it!
    It'll will be fine. It's no-where near as bad as the previous ones.

Also, be prepared to feel an elderly man's scrotum.

Without gloves....

And only spirigel to wash your hands with..... :s:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's actually very reassuring! I trust you'll be in the the flee tomorrow?

Hmm, I might take some glove with me inthat case :p: ( :/ )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.