Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When will Labour be announcing who will take up the four vacant cabinet positions and one ministerial role?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    When will Labour be announcing who will take up the four vacant cabinet positions and one ministerial role?
    Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray and Ray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burford99)
    Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray and Ray
    LOL Someone's gonna be busy! (Well, hopefully not for too long )

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not

ReputationRep:
    He's been busy in the last few weeks being like 604 MPS at the same time, so I'm sure its not much difference.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    He's been busy in the last few weeks being like 604 MPS at the same time, so I'm sure its not much difference.
    PRSOM

I thought it was just 92....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker.

Does the prime minister believe that he can rightfully stay in power as leader of the Labour party, with the goings on, events and controversies of the past weeks.
    This includes, but is not limited to the Liberal removing from government, and the PM having 2 MP votes.

RayApparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    PRSOM
    I thought it was just 92....
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Though I've been getting promises from prospective Chancellors that they'll actually do their job, it seems in appropriate to announce now - I would have last night had there not been an immediate vonc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Though I've been getting promises from prospective Chancellors that they'll actually do their job, it seems in appropriate to announce now - I would have last night had there not been an immediate vonc.
    We're trying to be civil here. But fair enough.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Airmed)
    We're trying to be civil here. But fair enough.
    Asking us to appoint ministers during a vonc procedure (don't even have time to elect popular positions or canvass internal opinions - heck some members might be away for the weekend) is an odd question.

And some of the jokes in this thread I think are getting on the personal side.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Asking us to appoint ministers during a vonc procedure (don't even have time to elect popular positions or canvass internal opinions - heck some members might be away for the weekend) is an odd question.
    And some of the jokes in this thread I think are getting on the personal side.
    That wasn't me, and I can't control people - like I told you yesterday, but I will speak to my party. Is that sufficient?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Mr Speaker.
    Does the prime minister believe that he can rightfully stay in power as leader of the Labour party, with the goings on, events and controversies of the past weeks.
    This includes, but is not limited to the Liberal removing from government, and the PM having 2 MP votes.
    RayApparently
    I don't have two votes nor do I want two. In fact, as can be confirmed by our newest MP I discussed with them very recently the possibility of my relinquishing my MP seat in their favour as other leaders have done.

Wether it is my 'right' to lead the Labour Party is up to my fellow party members. Indeed they may have lost confidence in me since the last leadership election. :moon: But of course they know me, and my actions over this term much better than you do, and so I think they still believe that the actions I have taken were in their interest - indeed I formed a coalition with the centred Liberals as per the majority opinion when I was more comfortable with solidly left position and cannot be expected to work miracles. Due to the rapidity of the Liberal exit and vonc it is unlikely that I'll be able to hold an internal confidence vote in my own leadership as per my party constitution and get a result before the vonc runs its course which is of course unfortunate. I can't bare to leave my party in this mess though, and will sail it into calmer seas rather than jump the deck. Alas, responsibility.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That wasn't me, and I can't control people - like I told you yesterday, but I will speak to my party. Is that sufficient?
    You said 'we're trying to be civil'. I was simply addressing this 'we' you speak of rather than you personally or who you control.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You said 'we're trying to be civil'. I was simply addressing this 'we' you speak of rather than you personally or who you control.
    I meant we as in you and me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Lol, that's a bit odd isn't it?

ReputationRep:

:yy:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    If you find anything wrong with us being civil then we're a lost cause, dear.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you find anything wrong with us being civil then we're a lost cause, dear.
    I meant more you speaking for us both and whilst resolutely stating you can't control people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I meant more you speaking for us both and whilst resolutely stating you can't control people.
    Nothing is odd. I'm still asking for us to be civil.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.