Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by 0766
Mine just went back to acceptance of interview status lol

Same here, it said it had updated and I checked. It had just gone back to acceptance of interview haha
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 4201
Did anyone ask any med students about student satisfaction and whether they liked the course etc. yesterday? Didn't get a chance to myself :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4202
Sort of a silly question, but do you guys know how many choices you can list for accommodation? Is there even a maximum? As an international grad, I doubt I'll get one, but trying nonetheless :smile:
Original post by veriluxe
Sort of a silly question, but do you guys know how many choices you can list for accommodation? Is there even a maximum? As an international grad, I doubt I'll get one, but trying nonetheless :smile:

All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4204
Original post by callummj6747
All of them

Thanks! I can list all but I don't need to list all if I'm not interested in half of them?
for the shared bathroom accommodation does anyone know how many people you share the bathroom with? couldn't find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4206
Original post by hadiyayayaya
for the shared bathroom accommodation does anyone know how many people you share the bathroom with? couldn't find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

14 people to 3 not really bathrooms- shower and separate toilet- at wolfson house
Original post by clover5
14 people to 3 not really bathrooms- shower and separate toilet- at wolfson house

woah 14! is there anyway of knowing/choosing how many people you'll share with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4208
Original post by hadiyayayaya
woah 14! is there anyway of knowing/choosing how many people you'll share with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not sure, it seems that kings is pretty random with accommodation, applying to great dover street or somewhere else i guess!
Original post by lovelycup7
Oh right ahah - In that case you didn't really miss out on anything :tongue:
What did you think of Wolfson house btw? I've heard a mix of comments about it

It's pretty standard accommodation wise, but the huge benefit is being so close to Guy's campus. I think if you don't mind having a basic room and being on a corridor rather than in 'apartment style' buildings and you would rather be able to roll out of bed and into a lecture, it's the best place for you. Plus, it's one of the cheapest residences.
Sadly I've had the experience of staying at Wilson House (Imperial residence) and it's not even one of the best halls but it's still so nice (everything is new). Bathrooms are shared between 3 people max.

Great Dover Street seems like a nicer set-up than Wolfson with the apartments, but again rooms are basic. The best thing about being in an apartment style block is that you actually get to know the people than you're in that apartment with properly. Sometimes with the corridor arrangement people can disappear off and you end up not really getting to know your neighbours as well. :smile:
Reply 4210
Original post by PocketMerlin
It's pretty standard accommodation wise, but the huge benefit is being so close to Guy's campus. I think if you don't mind having a basic room and being on a corridor rather than in 'apartment style' buildings and you would rather be able to roll out of bed and into a lecture, it's the best place for you. Plus, it's one of the cheapest residences.
Sadly I've had the experience of staying at Wilson House (Imperial residence) and it's not even one of the best halls but it's still so nice (everything is new). Bathrooms are shared between 3 people max.

Great Dover Street seems like a nicer set-up than Wolfson with the apartments, but again rooms are basic. The best thing about being in an apartment style block is that you actually get to know the people than you're in that apartment with properly. Sometimes with the corridor arrangement people can disappear off and you end up not really getting to know your neighbours as well. :smile:

What's the difference between apartment style and whatever wolfs on is? Thanks - the terms are confusing me slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4211
Oh also, did anyone get to speak to any kings medics about how they are finding the course in general? I heard the teaching isn't that great? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
What's the difference between apartment style and whatever wolfs on is? Thanks - the terms are confusing me slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apartment style is where you'll have a 'cluster' of rooms sharing one common kitchen/living area type thing, whereas Wolfson House has simply rooms set along a corridor, with a kitchen and bathrooms, but no real communal space. :smile:
Reply 4213
In great Dover apartments, do we share bathroom and toilet facilities ?
Original post by Momberly
In great Dover apartments, do we share bathroom and toilet facilities ?

En suite thus the very expensive price!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4215
Original post by callummj6747
En suite thus the very expensive price!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Callummj6747, which accomodation have you applies for?
Original post by Momberly
Callummj6747, which accomodation have you applies for?

Wolfson (only as it's cheap) GDS and Julian Markham house are my top 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Besides gds and wolfson, does anyone know what other accomodation is nearby guys campus???
Reply 4218
When do we have to do Hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4219
Original post by futuredoc999
Besides gds and wolfson, does anyone know what other accomodation is nearby guys campus???

moonraker point is of a decent walkable distance to guy's campus but it is on the expensive side

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest