Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    If anyone has been to the actual open day as well as the offer holders open day, please could you provide details about the difference between the two? Did the offer holders open day go into more detail about the course, or was it pretty much the same as the applicant open day?
    Just interested to hear as it's pretty difficult to travel to and from Cumbria in a day, so I didn't go to the offer holders open day.
    Don't think I went to the Open Day, but I did go on a guided campus tour a couple of months ago and was also at the post offer open day today. The main difference to me was that we got a chance to see inside one of the residences, which was great. Also got to talk to some students from a couple of student societies and accommodation services etc, but I guess you prob got to do that at the open day?

Don't think you missed out on much tbh - pretty much all of the info they provided today is also available on their website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Don't think I went to the Open Day, but I did go on a guided campus tour a couple of months ago and was also at the post offer open day today. The main difference to me was that we got a chance to see inside one of the residences, which was great. Also got to talk to some students from a couple of student societies and accommodation services etc, but I guess you prob got to do that at the open day?

Don't think you missed out on much tbh - pretty much all of the info they provided today is also available on their website
    I went on the open day in 2012 and we went around the Great Dover Street Apartments and inside of Wolfson House a bit, so it does sound quite similar.
    Thanks anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaffski)
    Awkward question of the day probably goes to "why is kings below UCL and Imperial on the league table?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, to be fair though, we are paying £9,000 each year to study at King's, so they should be pushed to compete with UCL, ICL, and Oxbridge.
    From what I've heard from Imperial med students (my boyfriend studies biomed engineering there), the first year is rather relaxed, but the facilities are absolutely amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    I went on the open day in 2012 and we went around the Great Dover Street Apartments and inside of Wolfson House a bit, so it does sound quite similar.
    Thanks anyways.
    Oh right ahah - In that case you didn't really miss out on anything
    What did you think of Wolfson house btw? I've heard a mix of comments about it

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else's portal change to what it was before the interview invitation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    Did anyone else's portal change to what it was before the interview invitation?
    Yes! It's back to my application is currently being processed .... Don't know whether to be excited or scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0766)
    Yes! It's back to my application is currently being processed .... Don't know whether to be excited or scared
    I just read earlier on in this thread that it just went back to acceptance of interview for someone after doing this so I'm guessing it's nothing haha :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    I just read earlier on in this thread that it just went back to acceptance of interview for someone after doing this so I'm guessing it's nothing haha :P
    Haha yeah just read this too! hopefully we'll hear soon though

ReputationRep:
    My lord, last night at Guy's bar was messy. I have the most horrific hangover. You know they say medics work hard and play hard... One of the biggest understatements ever. Not sure I can hack that 3 days a week - shocker. They have 9am dissection today as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    My lord, last night at Guy's bar was messy. I have the most horrific hangover. You know they say medics work hard and play hard... One of the biggest understatements ever. Not sure I can hack that 3 days a week - shocker. They have 9am dissection today as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    U get used to it ....

They are all lil troopers lol ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    Mine just went back to acceptance of interview status lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0766)
    Mine just went back to acceptance of interview status lol
    Same here, it said it had updated and I checked. It had just gone back to acceptance of interview haha

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone ask any med students about student satisfaction and whether they liked the course etc. yesterday? Didn't get a chance to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sort of a silly question, but do you guys know how many choices you can list for accommodation? Is there even a maximum? As an international grad, I doubt I'll get one, but trying nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veriluxe)
    Sort of a silly question, but do you guys know how many choices you can list for accommodation? Is there even a maximum? As an international grad, I doubt I'll get one, but trying nonetheless
    All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    All of them

Thanks! I can list all but I don't need to list all if I'm not interested in half of them?

ReputationRep:
    for the shared bathroom accommodation does anyone know how many people you share the bathroom with? couldn't find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hadiyayayaya)
    for the shared bathroom accommodation does anyone know how many people you share the bathroom with? couldn't find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile
    14 people to 3 not really bathrooms- shower and separate toilet- at wolfson house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clover5)
    14 people to 3 not really bathrooms- shower and separate toilet- at wolfson house
    woah 14! is there anyway of knowing/choosing how many people you'll share with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hadiyayayaya)
    woah 14! is there anyway of knowing/choosing how many people you'll share with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not sure, it seems that kings is pretty random with accommodation, applying to great dover street or somewhere else i guess!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.