Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Good luck to everyone with a test tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, and most of all, don't worry! Just try to relax and enjoy it and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question! Is a teacher allowed to send written work to Oxford on your behalf? as long as it has the relevant cover sheet and information? I'm going on a trip with my school to Seville and I won't be able to send my written work on the 10th as I'm waiting on marked work to be returned. Would the university allow that? Or should I contact them?

ReputationRep:
    Wondering what to do. Finally got my supporting documents ready, but I can't get a university/college stamp for the documents because my tutor doesn't possess one and obvious OU is distance based so if I wanted something physical it would take 3 weeks. Think it's ok to submit it without it?

ReputationRep:
    I only just got my written work back from and signed off by my teacher, and rush shipping it to the UK from the states is really expensive (and it might not get there on time)--and teachers' stamps aren't really a thing here. Do you know if any of the colleges (Lincoln in particular) will accept a scan? And what should I do about the stamp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crose)
    I only just got my written work back from and signed off by my teacher, and rush shipping it to the UK from the states is really expensive (and it might not get there on time)--and teachers' stamps aren't really a thing here. Do you know if any of the colleges (Lincoln in particular) will accept a scan? And what should I do about the stamp?
    I'm also applying from the USA. My college sent me an email saying a PDF scan was fine so if you got a welcome email from your college you should double check that or send in an email to ask. I also had a problem with the stamp thing, but I went to my school's counseling office and they had some so I would check there. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The pat is today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    The pat is today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s
    I just finished mine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't leak the questions.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Wondering what to do. Finally got my supporting documents ready, but I can't get a university/college stamp for the documents because my tutor doesn't possess one and obvious OU is distance based so if I wanted something physical it would take 3 weeks. Think it's ok to submit it without it?
    We have replied to your PM advising that if you explain your circumstances and provide contact details for your referee, there should not be a problem - but will repeat the advice here in case other applicants have a similar issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We have replied to your PM advising that if you explain your circumstances and provide contact details for your referee, there should not be a problem - but will repeat the advice here in case other applicants have a similar issue.
    Just saw the PM! Thanks again for the help! x

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how did you do the tests? Are you satisfied? Were they difficult?

I also have a question: can I underline, bold etc. words that I want to emphasize in my written works? Is that allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)

I also have a question: can I underline, bold etc. words that I want to emphasize in my written works? Is that allowed?
    Challenging but I think I nailed it bc I had a lot of fun with the questions

ReputationRep:
    The MAT seemed disastrous to me Hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)

Passed the ELAT and MLAT - it went alright !

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone found their admissions tests ok! I found the HAT wasn't as bad as I thought and I'm a bit more optimistic about getting an interview now at least

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how I did in the TSA XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So people who were doing the MLAT and ELAT left the exam room crying.. :/ I on the other hand acknowledge my failure in the MAT

Hope it went well for everyone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be rejected because of my TSA result. Many people said it wasn't that bad but for me it was.. I ruined the essay completely and the multiple choice was just too much for too less time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well done to everyone who had a test today. Try not to fret over things that went wrong. Yes these tests are important but look at it another way - if you knew everything/did everything properly at this stage of your academic career, there would be little point in you going to Oxford in the first place

:grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    I think its really hard to try understand how you really did, at least the TSA, is really unpredicatable!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.