Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    No its a guess at why Europe supports Israel...

Oh and nice of you to imply I'm stupid...
    Hey, how did you get appointted moderator on the Israel/Palestine Conflict thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Right ok...now I get it, because everyone know the military importance of civilian hospitals. Under no circumstances is it justified to be bombing a hospital

just to interject here i d would agree with the above sentiment, unfortunately where islamists are invloved the waters do always get muddied. hamas for example choose to use main hospitals as their base of operations, as any news agency will tell you, they also store their rockets in schools.

so in terms of islamists, who have no care for human life, both their enemies of their own people, civililian casualites will always be at their maximum. but that is precisely how they like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Right ok...now I get it, because everyone know the military importance of civilian hospitals. Under no circumstances is it justified to be bombing a hospital for brain injures for example, no circumstances, be it a terrorist firing a rocket from its roof or a sniper in a window. If is not justified at all and nothing you say will ever make it ok. Just accept you support the massacre of innocence and move on, I've had enough.

I'm doing much better than you because you have no idea. Also I haven't tried to justify the death of innocent people, which you are avidly trying to do, which ultimately makes anything you say pretty moot.

Like I said a million times, I'm done talking to baby killers.
    Don't cry on me mate... shall I get you your dummy?

The IDF targets combatants, not civilians. Your hatred for the jews can not honestly be blinding you that much? I think you know this though. What do you think or expect people to do when getting attacked? Sit there and let them continue simply because they are in a hospital and therefore must be the "good guys"? Are you that naive to think that Hamas hides in hospitals out of fear of the IDF, rather than the propaganda boost it will give them when civilians start to get hurt. You can't possibly be that thick to not see how Hamas uses civilians as shields by being a sniper in a hospital.

I did my dissertation for my masters degree on this sort of thing, along with various things at Sandhurst. I'm far better qualified than you to make a judgement.

I'm not justifying it because as I said before, justification requires the premise of intent. I'm explaining to you what is happening, but it is like talking to a camel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought that this was going to be about the Protocols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I thought that this was going to be about the Protocols.
    Your sig is awesome xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)

The IDF targets combatants, not civilians. Your hatred for the jews can not honestly be blinding you that much? I think you know this though. What do you think or expect people to do when getting attacked? Sit there and let them continue simply because they are in a hospital and therefore must be the "good guys"? Are you that naive to think that Hamas hides in hospitals out of fear of the IDF, rather than the propaganda boost it will give them when civilians start to get hurt. You can't possibly be that thick to not see how Hamas uses civilians as shields by being a sniper in a hospital.

I did my dissertation for my masters degree on this sort of thing, along with various things at Sandhurst. I'm far better qualified than you to make a judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

awwww...here we go

For starters I don't hate Jews. I don't hate anyone other that dirty scumbag child killers and people who support it.

You just don't get it do you? Even if Hamas literally used babies as body armor it is still the ****ing bomb being launched by Israel that kills that child.

Hamas are scumbags, why are you trying to make me aware of that?

Where did I say that Hamas using hospitals wasn't a propaganda tool? 2+2=5 right?

I said you can never justify bombing a hospital, ever. If you want to take out militants, send in a ground force and secure the hospital, better than massacring a bunch of immobile patients who are unable to evacuate.

Oh you did a masters Sandhurst...yes you are therefore automatically more 'qualified' to make a judgement. Well I spent over 20 years in a bigoted sectarian hell hole, I;ve seen first hand what you're buddies in Sandhurst are capable of and I've also seen the other-side which is just as ugly. I've seen countless times, aimless beatings and killings all in the name of an area, piece of clothing or something that affiliates someone with something deemed as the enemy.

There are somethings you can't learn from a book at Sandhurst, not all governments and militaries care about the civilians on the otherside, not every civilian death is how the state claim it to be either.

I'm sick of people like you, I've ****ing had enough of this ****. How anyone can try justify the death of innocence as necessary is truly beyond me, though when you have only read it from a text book or news site it is a little easier to digest I guess.

ReputationRep:
    The IDF told Palestinians who had fled fighting in the northern Gaza town of Beit Lahiya they could return on Saturday.

"The residents are advised to be aware of explosive devices Hamas has spread across the area," the military said in a statement summarizing what it said had been all-clear messages relayed to Beit Lahiya's 70,000 residents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)

I'm not justifying it because as I said before, justification requires the premise of intent. I'm explaining to you what is happening, but it is like talking to a camel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You sir tick points 3,4 and 7 from this supposed list of propaganda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    just to interject here i d would agree with the above sentiment, unfortunately where islamists are invloved the waters do always get muddied. hamas for example choose to use main hospitals as their base of operations, as any news agency will tell you, they also store their rockets in schools.

so in terms of islamists, who have no care for human life, both their enemies of their own people, civililian casualites will always be at their maximum. but that is precisely how they like it
    I am well aware they are scum. But all I am saying is more can be done to reduce innocent casualties. The IDF respect for human life isn't much better than that of Hamas in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Israel shouldn't be there, they shouldn't have the blockade of Gaza, they shouldn't be in the West Bank, but that doesn't mean that Hamas can ignore the law wrt captive IDF men. They're a PoW, they have no reason to harm them because given their rank and being a cousin, albeit second or third, of the Defence Minister he is a VERY valuable chip to play.
    While probably not the case for this particular soldier, you also have to remember that there is conscription in Israel, so it is not necessarily true that a soldier in the IDF supports actions in Gaza.
    Hamas is under no obligation to follow the law that has abandoned them and Gaza to their inhuman fate. There is indeed much reason, in their eyes if not in mine, to inflict harm on his person; as I said, this is the same man who would not think twice about shooting their loved ones in the head. He is no ordinary man; he is affiliated with a gang of criminals, namely the IDF, who have wrought havoc in Gaza.
    Anyway, it turns out that they didn't capture the soldier after all. Will Israel never tire of its lies...

ReputationRep:
    Israel shelled the Islamic University of Gaza, in addition to a nearby mosque. Islamophobes, rejoice.

ReputationRep:
    Did Israeli army deliberately kill its own soldier and destroy Gaza ceasefire?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    Hamas is under no obligation to follow the law that has abandoned them and Gaza to their inhuman fate. There is indeed much reason, in their eyes if not in mine, to inflict harm on his person; as I said, this is the same man who would not think twice about shooting their loved ones in the head. He is no ordinary man; he is affiliated with a gang of criminals, namely the IDF, who have wrought havoc in Gaza.
    Anyway, it turns out that they didn't capture the soldier after all. Will Israel never tire of its lies...
    Has the missing man been found? Because until then it is possible they have been captured. Much like it isn't necessarily true that Hamas has him because the IDF says so, it isn't necessarily true that Hamas don't because they say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    Israel shelled the Islamic University of Gaza, in addition to a nearby mosque. Islamophobes, rejoice.

Nothing survives the onslaught not hospitals, schools, un facilities or mosques.
    It is an open war to drive gazans out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Has the missing man been found? Because until then it is possible they have been captured. Much like it isn't necessarily true that Hamas has him because the IDF says so, it isn't necessarily true that Hamas don't because they say so.
    That's true, but in these circumstances it is highly probably that Hamas is telling the truth, because Hamas knows that Hamas would be in a position to dictate terms and negotiate with Israel if they had the man. As it happens, he hasn't been found.

British Jews urge government to secure Israeli officer’s release

Did Israeli army deliberately kill its own soldier and destroy Gaza ceasefire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    Hey, how did you get appointted moderator on the Israel/Palestine Conflict thread?
    I didn't? Also being for or against Israel OR Palestine doesn't mean you can't moderate effectively - you're meant to remain neutral as far as moderation is considered, but of course you can have a for/against view outside of moderation matters though this is ever so slightly off topic

ReputationRep:
    Islamic Uni is well known for being a Hamas front. Legitimate target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Nothing survives the onslaught not hospitals, schools, un facilities or mosques.
    It is an open war to drive gazans out.
    Yes. Israelis are making no secret of the fact that they thirst for all-out genocide in Gaza.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, are we posting exceptionally biased articles from unreliable sources now? Okay. If you think that's reliable, then this should be too.

Hamas' objective: Get Israel to kill as many Palestinians as possible

And in this video we see that Hamas uses children as human shields.

And here we see Hamas encouraging children to be terrorists and hate jews.

ReputationRep:
    Bolivia brands Israel a 'terrorist state'.

If you tremble in indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. - Che Guavra

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.