Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3: Just had to listen to a half hour rant about Scottish independence courtesy of my dad. He is emphatically not in favour, and there were a number of swearies involved. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    panic attack number three for the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    :hugs: I prescribe hot chocolate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    i don't like hot chocolate :/

ReputationRep:
    such a **** daughter :sad:

ReputationRep:
    i don't like hot chocolate :/
    :eek: This is an almost unprecedented situation!

Ribena? Ribena makes me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    such a **** daughter :sad:
    :console: Course you're not!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: This is an almost unprecedented situation!

Ribena? Ribena makes me happy.
    i hate ribena too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ^ this. so hard.
    -hugggggging-

ReputationRep:
    i hate ribena too :lol:
    :hmmmm: In that case I shall stop listing beverages, and instead suggest nomming something tasty like a cookie. :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    :console: Course you're not!
    oh i am.
    i had 2 things to pay for for my graduation, and now i cant cos bills took the money and now i wont be able to go to graduation as they were pretty ****ing important things.

ReputationRep:
    oh i am.
    i had 2 things to pay for for my graduation, and now i cant cos bills took the money and now i wont be able to go to graduation as they were pretty ****ing important things.
    Firstly, that does not make you a **** daughter. :nah: Just a mildly discombobulated daughter who's somewhat lacking in funds.

Secondly, I'd call your uni first thing in the morning and explain your situation, and ask if there's any way to defer payment. If not but you still have the opportunity to pay soon, ask relatives for a loan, making it clear you'll pay back say £10/week.

Pretty much no problem is insoluble, and money issues aren't the end of the world. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    10:20pm and only unpacked a third of my stuff. staring out window or at wall crying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    ^ this. so hard.

-hugggggging-
    thanks

:hmmmm: In that case I shall stop listing beverages, and instead suggest nomming something tasty like a cookie. :cookie:
    :lol: i had some key lime pie mmm

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3: Just had to listen to a half hour rant about Scottish independence courtesy of my dad. He is emphatically not in favour, and there were a number of swearies involved. :teehee:
    ughhhhh omg the independence referendum is driving me up a brick wall, i can't walk into town without being lambasted by somebody handing out leaflets, my fb newsfeed is filled with yes/no rants, every conversation around me is about the referendum. i can't wait until its over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    ughhhhh omg the independence referendum is driving me up a brick wall, i can't walk into town without being lambasted by somebody handing out leaflets, my fb newsfeed is filled with yes/no rants, every conversation around me is about the referendum. i can't wait until its over.
    :console: I live in England now so I've mostly escaped, apart from being cross-examined by the odd politically aware English person that is.

Roll on Friday morning, let's see what the buggers have in store for us. :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    about to go to sleep, hopefully wont have an attack to wake up too.

ReputationRep:
    oh i am.
    I planned to write exactly the same as superwolf, but her English is much better. You are not a bad daughter and I am shure someone will help you out with graduation, you worked so hard for it. Everyone understands that a newly graduate won't have too much money, so go for it and ask, it is really nothing to be ashamed of.

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    10:20pm and only unpacked a third of my stuff. staring out window or at wall crying
    Maybe just get asleep and begin again tomorrow? The good thing was, that the last time I moved, I was very happy about my new room and it was so little I simply had to unpack everything, because otherwise, I would not have been able to move a bit. Maybe put music on and see packing as exercise which may raise your mood? And it will definitely if anything is unpacked and the awesome thing is, you can really do it! No matter how long it takes, you will be so lucky afterwards, at least a bit, or? POSITIVE!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, that does not make you a **** daughter. :nah: Just a mildly discombobulated daughter who's somewhat lacking in funds.

Secondly, I'd call your uni first thing in the morning and explain your situation, and ask if there's any way to defer payment. If not but you still have the opportunity to pay soon, ask relatives for a loan, making it clear you'll pay back say £10/week.

Pretty much no problem is insoluble, and money issues aren't the end of the world. :hugs:
    im just costing her so much money :sad:

mums agreed to lend me the money when i pay her back. im so angry though. my step dads wanting me to pay for my graduation myself, but hes just paid nearly £900 for some stuff for his car BEFORE he gets paid.

just feel so **** about it all, had a bad week and its only tuesday
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    i spent about a month unpacking in my third year hun, do it in stages you can cope with
    :jumphug:

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    I planned to write exactly the same as superwolf, but her English is much better. You are not a bad daughter and I am shure someone will help you out with graduation, you worked so hard for it. Everyone understands that a newly graduate won't have too much money, so go for it and ask, it is really nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe just get asleep and begin again tomorrow? The good thing was, that the last time I moved, I was very happy about my new room and it was so little I simply had to unpack everything, because otherwise, I would not have been able to move a bit. Maybe put music on and see packing as exercise which may raise your mood? And it will definitely if anything is unpacked and the awesome thing is, you can really do it! No matter how long it takes, you will be so lucky afterwards, at least a bit, or? POSITIVE!
    just feel so pathetic and awful mums agreed to lend me the money, even though my nanny had already given me the money

ReputationRep:
    im just costing her so much money :sad:

mums agreed to lend me the money when i pay her back. im so angry though. my step dads wanting me to pay for my graduation myself, but hes just paid nearly £900 for some stuff for his car BEFORE he gets paid.

just feel so **** about it all, had a bad week and its only tuesday
    :hugs: Parents sign up for that kind of thing when they become parents! Honestly me and my sister have cost our parents a bucketload over the years, and occasionally it's pissed my mum or dad off a bit. But at the end of the day it's your family, and they want to help you. So accept the money, and just remember it a few years down the line when it's you that's better off and happier because of what your parents did for you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.