Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Some in school, some I did myself. I'll see about that but forget S3 and S4:lol:

Make sure you watch Clannad: After Story (basically S2)
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup, S2 is a must watch! Though I actually cried at the end of S1 too - but S2 was on a completely different level
    :lol: Will do!
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I heard decision is incredibly anal :lol:
    My friends do D1 and they pretty much described it as such.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided for now that my life goal is to be able to play every song on John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    What do you plan to do at uni?
    oh yeah and Bath is a lovely place... be sure to visit Fudge Kitchen where they do the most ORGASMIC fudge... unless you don't like fudge
    I should probably be a bit ashamed to admit this, but I have no idea what fudge exactly is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I should probably be a bit ashamed to admit this, but I have no idea what fudge exactly is.
    Fudge is like... Well fudge. I'd compare it to toffee but it's quite different. It's just a sweet, like it has form but it's quite hard? It's hard to explain lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Fudge is like... Well fudge. I'd compare it to toffee but it's quite different. It's just a sweet, like it has form but it's quite hard? It's hard to explain lol
    Ok, I don't know what toffee is exactly either. I always think these 2 are very similar to caramel, but I know what caramel is :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ok, I don't know what toffee is exactly either. I always think these 2 are very similar to caramel, but I know what caramel is :lol:
    Hmmmm...

You're not missing out

Toffee is very sticky.
    Fudge has a shape and isn't sticky sticky, it's like... Can stick to teeth but will keep shape.

Either way, wouldn't recommend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Fudge is a type of Western confectionery, which is usually soft, sweet, and rich. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk, heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F(116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency. (sauce: Wikipedia)

Hmmmm...

You're not missing out

Toffee is very sticky.
    Fudge has a shape and isn't sticky sticky, it's like... Can stick to teeth but will keep shape.

http://www.fudgekitchen.co.uk/ - go to this place, it will convert you. Trust me

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm...

You're not missing out

Toffee is very sticky.

I could've Googled it but I'm interested in hearing your descriptions :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    Fudge is a type of Western confectionery, which is usually soft, sweet, and rich. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk, heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F(116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency. (sauce: Wikipedia)

http://www.fudgekitchen.co.uk/ - go to this place, it will convert you. Trust me
    Basically guaranteed to go to Bath so I'll check it out when I'm there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I could've Googled it but I'm interested in hearing your descriptions :lol:
    :rofl: is it time to admit I don't even know what they are... Like Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Basically guaranteed to go to Bath so I'll check it out when I'm there
    ah v good, you won't regret it...
    anyway what do you plan to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    ah v good, you won't regret it...
    anyway what do you plan to do?
    I've applied for Ch-emical Engineering. Already have an offer for 36 points with 6 in HL Maths and Chemistry which I'm basically guaranteed to get (predicted to get 43/45)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I've applied for Ch-emical Engineering. Already have an offer for 36 points with 6 in HL Maths and Chemistry which I'm basically guaranteed to get (predicted to get 43/45)
    IB :confused: oh god... i've heard it's the stuff of nightmares... but do you actually doing all that TOK stuff anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    IB :confused: oh god... i've heard it's the stuff of nightmares... but do you actually doing all that TOK stuff anyway...
    Yup, I am. It's not as bad as people make it out to be - at least I don't think it is anyway. I'm 100% convinced A levelers get more homework set but we have quite a lot of coursework to do, so we only need to work consistently. 1/5 nights I have had no homework to do at all. Aside from that, some IB questions are very tricky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup, I am. It's not as bad as people make it out to be - at least I don't think it is anyway. I'm 100% convinced A levelers get more homework set but we have quite a lot of coursework to do, so we only need to work consistently. 1/5 nights I have had no homework to do at all. Aside from that, some IB questions are very tricky
    I think in terms of HW, it can be somewhat intermittent... but what I always have to do is make notes... and more and some more, with "wider" reading (which is probably the case for my fellow IB compatriots anyway)...
    but what I find weird is that you have to do one subject from each group (or something like that)... so you have to do a humanities or english or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    I think in terms of HW, it can be somewhat intermittent... but what I always have to do is make notes... and more and some more, with "wider" reading (which is probably the case for my fellow IB compatriots anyway)...
    but what I find weird is that you have to do one subject from each group (or something like that)... so you have to do a humanities or english or whatever...
    Gives me the opportunity to study things I wouldn't be able to if I did A levels.
    I'm studying
    HL Maths
    HL Chem
    HL Phys
    SL English
    SL Latin
    SL Economics

If I didn't have to do English, I definitely wouldn't :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Gives me the opportunity to study things I wouldn't be able to if I did A levels.
    I'm studying
    HL Maths
    HL Chem
    HL Phys
    SL English
    SL Latin
    SL Economics

If I didn't have to do English, I definitely wouldn't :lol:
    So, to be very general, it's kind of like 3AS and 3A2 subjects... right?
    What's the alternative for English then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 고구마)
    So, to be very general, it's kind of like 3AS and 3A2 subjects... right?
    What's the alternative for English then?
    Basically yeah. English is kind of my First Language which is Group 1, so there's no alternative

I'd love to be able to drop it but I can't, it's definitely my least favourite subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Basically yeah. English is kind of my First Language which is Group 1, so there's no alternative

I'd love to be able to drop it but I can't, it's definitely my least favourite subject
    hehehe I remember doing English... :awesome:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got my second interview through today :woo: It's all the way in February, though!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.