The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do actually really like Carswell. He does speak sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CyclopsRock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just read the discussion about restarting the Libertarian party as a trojan horse for some UKIP jizz-dumpstering.

1) Don't rape my old party's dead body, please. This isn't a request I can enforce but, you know, have some grace.

2) There's very little Libertarian about UKIP, so you can **** off out of here with that ****.

3) There was discussion about the leadership situation. I don't know how it worked after I left, but in the ~5 years that I sat around the top table, we never had leadership elections. It was effectively a coronation with leader handing down to leader. But that was back in the day when we had a relatively strong presence, a good bunch of people and constant activity. The leader was little more than a figure head since we had no whips and only entered governments when our lack-of-whip could be maintained. We never took up government ministries (at least ,when I was there) and so had no negotiations to perform. In in the parliament, the leader was first among equals, and as such we put a great deal of stock on reliability and users having a history in the party.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good morning all. Nice to have lemon tea.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
I do actually really like Carswell. He does speak sense.
I wouldn't say I like him, but he does come across as one of UKIP's saner figures. Contrast him to UKIP Scotland leader David Coburn, who spends his time incoherently rambling to himself on Twitter.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm running for President of the QUB Surgical Society tonight,....should be fun.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
I'm running for President of the QUB Surgical Society tonight,....should be fun.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
I wouldn't say I like him, but he does come across as one of UKIP's saner figures. Contrast him to UKIP Scotland leader David Coburn, who spends his time incoherently rambling to himself on Twitter.
I do see your point. Carswell certainly isn't abhorrent like other UKIP candidates. If UKIP have 1 MP on Friday, I hope its him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bon chance!

As for predictions I'll go:

Tory 279
Labour 262
SNP 58
Lib Dem 25
Plaid 3
UKIP 2
Green 1
Respect 1
NI 18
Speaker 1
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Bon chance!

As for predictions I'll go:

Tory 279
Labour 262
SNP 58
Lib Dem 25
Plaid 3
UKIP 2
Green 1
Respect 1
NI 18
Speaker 1
Your prediction for Respect is interesting as the polls suggest Respect will go the same way as their council control did. Who do you think will be the Green and UKIP MPs?

I like this new text box but it is freezing quite regularly.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Final Predictions

CON: 280 (35% vote)
LAB: 266 (32% vote)
LIB: 26
SNP: 52
UKIP: 2
GRN: 1
Others: 23
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would be pretty perverse if Tory voters in Scotland vote in enough Labourites to form a government......one can only dream.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would be pretty perverse if Tory voters in Scotland vote in enough Labourites to form a government......one can only dream.
Could be bad for us in the long run though.

Hopefully Gordon Brown can sway a few seats.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My predictions:

CON: 600
LAB: They can **** off...
LIB: I would've said join a coalition - but now we've got majority, they can get lost as well
SNP: Go make your own parliament you interfering ****ers
UKIP: 30 - some respect for you - you are on the right after all...
GRN: NEVER. EVER.
Others: 19
tehfrance:1 (well, I really think you should run IRL...)

RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
My predictions:

CON: 600
LAB: They can **** off...
LIB: I would've said join a coalition - but now we've got majority, they can get lost as well
SNP: Go make your own parliament you interfering *****es
UKIP: 30 - some respect for you - you are on the right after all...
GRN: NEVER. EVER.
Others: 19
tehfrance:1 (well, I really think you should run IRL...)

Would you like to bet some money on that?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Would you like to bet some money on that?
Of course - I've got 200 monopoly£...
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Your prediction for Respect is interesting as the polls suggest Respect will go the same way as their council control did. Who do you think will be the Green and UKIP MPs?

I like this new text box but it is freezing quite regularly.
I decided to go with the bookies there who seem to be right more often than not but it will be close, but I think Galloway will hang on. He seems to have stepped up his campaign and I have a feeling it'll go the same way as Rahman's re-election in Tower Hamlets last year - the polls may well underestimate the turnout of an invigorated Asian vote. That being said he's a numpty and I'd quite like to be wrong here!

Nothing interesting on those two: Farage and Carswell for UKIP, Lucas for the Greens.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just so you know, encouraging completely random trolls to take their trolling to those ask threads was a terrible idea. Now I must read through crap and other parties' impertinent recruiting to make sure I haven't missed something important.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Just so you know, encouraging completely random trolls to take their trolling to those ask threads was a terrible idea. Now I must read through crap and other parties' impertinent recruiting to make sure I haven't missed something important.
Oh, calm down Dave.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Oh, calm down Dave.
:laugh: Okay, but the daydreamer and Farage better get off my lawn or I'll turn the sprinklers on.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How's everyone? And what's with all the Green hate? some of us wash.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads