Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    gay gunners

ReputationRep:
    Imagine genuinely thinking we aren't going to do a mad one vs Barca and make them look like mugs by sneaking a cheeky 2-2 draw at home before getting abused like a 15 year old girl when Adam Johnson/ shawn_o1 is around at Camp Nou.

Also, what genuinely special kid suggested starting Neny and Welbz with Walcott up top? Genuinely chuckled then muttered to myself "what a *******"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Marca front page says Barcelona's Las Palmas win was just "a warm up" for the Arsenal tie, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Sport (Barcelona-based newspaper) front page being as arrogant as ever, saying Arsenal don't have a chance. Yet they'll be the ones dishing the dirt on the Catalans if we aren't beaten 5-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Marca front page says Barcelona's Las Palmas win was just "a warm up" for the Arsenal tie, apparently.
    Well they only won 2-1 against the side bottom of La Liga I believe, so this arrogance isn't warranted imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Well they only won 2-1 against the side bottom of La Liga I believe, so this arrogance isn't warranted imo.
    Yet they also beat Madrid 4-0. I'm sure they won't be playing like they did on Saturday lol

No point taking the Papers seriously anyway. I doubt Barcelona will be going into the game believing its a cake walk.

ReputationRep:
    Thierry Henry is a snake.

Line up for tomorrow:

Cech, Bellerin, Per, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Coquelin, Ox, Ozil, Alexis, G-Rude.

Heard it here first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Thierry Henry is a snake.

Line up for tomorrow:

Cech, Bellerin, Per, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Coquelin, Ox, Ozil, Alexis, G-Rude.

Heard it here first.
    In a game where we're going to have little possession and need to keep hold of the ball when we have it why would we play Ox?

ReputationRep:
    In a game where we're going to have little possession and need to keep hold of the ball when we have it why would we play Ox?
    Who else would we play? It makes sense when you think about it, and I think he'll put in a performance tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Don't question my sources fella.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Don't question my sources fella.
    Fight me. Be outside the George at 5pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Who else would we play? It makes sense when you think about it, and I think he'll put in a performance tomorrow.
    Campbell and Walcott undoubtedly better choices imo. But both got a lot of minutes on the weekend so maybe not. Would love Wengs to banter them off and play:

Cech
    Chambers Kosc Mert Mon
    Bellerin Coq Flam Gibbo
    Neny Rambo

just for the chat

ReputationRep:
    Fight me. Be outside the George at 5pm.
    I'm brining my mob along. Be there. Fists only.

ReputationRep:
    TerStegen
    Douglas Bartra Vermaelen Adriano
    Aleix Mascherano Sergi Rafinha
    Sandro Munir

even this could give Arsenal a run for their money

ReputationRep:
    Also why would you have Giroud in a game where you are almost certain to play on the counter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Campbell and Walcott undoubtedly better choices imo. But both got a lot of minutes on the weekend so maybe not. Would love Wengs to banter them off and play:

Cech
    Chambers Kosc Mert Mon
    Bellerin Coq Flam Gibbo
    Neny Rambo

just for the chat
    Tbf Wenger already did a mad bantz when he started Sanogo up front against Bayern

ReputationRep:
    Barca will just score a few then back off.

Nou Camp is where they'll go HAM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Also why would you have Giroud in a game where you are almost certain to play on the counter?
    For the hold up play one would assume. We've done it before and I think with all our fast players off form it makes sense tbh.

(Original post by Rk2k14)
    Barca will just score a few then back off.

Nou Camp is where they'll go HAM.
    I'm genuinely stunned how loud every non Arsenal fan is getting. Are we favourites? No. Have we beaten every top team to come the Emirates in Europe over the past few years? Yes (inb4 Monaco chat). Barca at home is bread and butter to Wengs, in the same way he eats Peps teams up at the Emirates for fun.

ReputationRep:
    Monaco though.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal will win the Premier League and If they get through Barcelona they will win the Champions league !!!
    (you heard it here first)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.