The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by savonarollla
i really do need one lol, it's adequately titled. so if we plan on spending all our time + eat in the office where's the place that maximizes the ration of minimal commute + clean + well furnished + space to price
**** a healthy social life. lots of ppl at the firm to socialize with :smile:

I mean 47K for a grad is ridiculously high when you look at national average so im hundy P you can be fine without a further relocation allowance haha
Original post by TheParham
I mean 47K for a grad is ridiculously high when you look at national average so im hundy P you can be fine without a further relocation allowance haha

bro, **** the national average, had to go through a lot before getting here, def not average. and my issue is that i'm penniless before the first salary so i really don't have anything to start paying with lol, the allowance is much appreciated ! :smile:
btw, i gained a lot from this topic and it's time to give back. if anyone has any technical finance question they ever wondered about and want detailed explanations please shoot away :smile: !
my knowledge covers a lot of stuff from specific product stuff (DCM/ECM/MA/LBO) to various special industries such as RE &FIG and the common stuff
bro, **** the national average, had to go through a lot before getting here, def not average. and my issue is that i'm penniless before the first salary so i really don't have anything to start paying with lol, the allowance is much appreciated ! :smile:

yeah def agree on that, was just saying! overdraft/credit that **** bro, standard procedure
Original post by Finance123456
Yes it is, presume we get a allowance of some sort as well of 1-2k

Nah there isnt
Original post by TheBankinator
Nah there isnt

are you based outside of London?
are you based outside of London?

No but even then there isnt, sorry fellas
Original post by TheBankinator
No but even then there isnt, sorry fellas

:frown:
do other banks offer this ?
Florish RY (were we in the same AC? are u italian ?) and did you get an Invite by JPM ?
:frown:
do other banks offer this ?

Yes, other banks have some relo/sign on for summers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yes, other banks have some relo/sign on for summers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dude you can't not expect me to ask you which after saying that :tongue: !
does the T1 fall into that category ?
Got an HSBC Markets AC on Monday the 17th. Desperately looking for insights... please help me :frown:(
I've just spent the bulk of a day reading through this whole thread. Thank you @Princepieman an co for having some bit of a clue about all this s**t .

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with these:

1. In the DB application q about problems facing banks and opportunities for DB; I've lots to say for problems facing banks, but does DB having anything going for it at the moment? What are it's strengths? I've been putting this one off for a few days in hope that an article would come out defending them but it looks like it will be quite a while before anyone has anything nice to say...

2. Is it important to dress formally for a video interview? especially if it's judged by maths equations? If so, I would nearly be tempted to apply to Barclays under a different email next week, when there's a chance of me being able to do it when I'm back home and have access to my suit.

3. Does HSBC have a numerical reasoning for IBD?

Lastly, @Princepieman, any tips on where to find such detailed info on bank's strengths and weaknesses?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahum so, CS just rejected me :frown: poorest numerical test out of all my apps, fully deserved it. Still got some hopes for JPM and Nomura (hope=5% chance lol), otherwise, I will have to wait next autumn full-time internships in my country...

Just a quick question: do you think the GMAT influences a lot? Like, same as academic background, or a 700 score should let you go places in IBD?
Florish RY (were we in the same AC? are u italian ?) and did you get an Invite by JPM ?

nope im russian, haven't heard from jpm
Had MS AC yesterday for Ops, anyone heard back from BNP Paribas post Video Interview and anyone had news on RBC AC, passed the telephone interview but not heard anything since?
Original post by gsbs2
got invited to tests

I've heard their bankers made them. Is it correct?
How do you even upload CV/book interview with Barclays after telephone interview invitation email? Their page is impossible :s-smilie:
What would people choose between Citi & Nomura for markets?? Also, has anyone got any ideas on how technical a Perella Weinberg final round interview would be??
dude you can't not expect me to ask you which after saying that :tongue: !
does the T1 fall into that category ?

Tru.

Confirmed for this year: Nomura, Barclays and GS.

Not sure about the others but I have seen a mix of banks offer £1-2k signing/relo before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending