The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
WhatamIdoing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Italy - Spain: Cracking game so far. Locked at 1-1, but Italy are dominating. Montolivo with a sublime chip over Casillas, but Alonso equalising with a penalty.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So many good players on show in the Germany Brazil game. Gotze :coma: Neymar :coma:

Neymar has the potential to be so good.
WhatamIdoing
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2-1 Italy. Great show from both sides.
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o looks set to complete an incredible move to join Roberto Carlos at Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala after his agent admitted that an agreement was close.

"We have almost reached an agreement with Anzhi. Now we hope that the clubs agree," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Earlier, Inter president Massimo Moratti confirmed that the club are in talks with Anzhi over a deal.

"The offer is not indecent but it is not up to me to evaluate it," he said. "In fact it is intelligent, interesting and fair. Now it is up to us and Eto'o to evaluate it."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-agent?cc=5739

Didn't see this one coming
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
20mil a season in wages, **** me.
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Anzhi stocking up on the left - Carlos, Dzsudzsak and Zhirkov all signed recently. Along with Eto'o, that's quite a bit of firepower.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, didn't know they got Zhirkov... need to keep up with this.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If Anzhi get all the players they're after, does anyone know what their starting line up will look like approx?
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope Eto'o is willing to accept that 300,000 a week in return - possibly - to be on the receiving end of racist taunts and bananas being thrown on the pitch. I wouldn't have said yes to the offer no matter the amount of money, simply to avoid the racism prevalent in some Russian crowds. I guess it's not all perfect in Italy but not as much as in Russia I'm guessing.

But they are overpaying him tbh, he's a good striker an all but 300k?!
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eto'o is like my favourite striker, I actually rate him as the best striker in the world..well he was for me last season. Why the hell would he want to go to Russia.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Eto'o is like my favourite striker, I actually rate him as the best striker in the world..well he was for me last season. Why the hell would he want to go to Russia.
Do you honestly blame him for going?

He's achieved all he'll ever/ need to achieve.

20m/year- come on, there's no soul that'll say no to that
storpedo91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I personally don't think Eto'o should go to Russia. He's complained of being the subject of racial abuse in the past in Spain and Italy, and if he was to go to Russia, if we are to believe some of the stories we've heard, the racial abuse would be much worse than it was in Spain and Italy combined.
dosvidaniya
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 419)

Maybe it's just me, but I actually wouldn't. I'd rather be trying to play top level football for the longest possible time I could manage. And being not a very materialistic person, the increase in my (already staggeringly high) wages wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to my life. But like I said, it might just be me...
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
It was a good goal, I'll admit.... happy? :P

I'm really surprised you've held on to your players tbh.. I'd have thought at least Falcao would have gone by now. I wish we had been able to hold on to our lot..
Ah ha, yes!

I'm surprised too, but so far we're managing to hold onto them! Although Falcao is being forever linked with Atleti.. but i think it's just one of these transfer stories we have to put up with. For some reason I have a stupid feeling that a couple will leave within the last hour of the transfer window! With the players staying though you kinda expect Porto to be just as good if not better with having added a few more players to strengthen the squad, but I can't see us running away with it at all.

Anyway, your first game kicks off in just 15 minutes time, I doubt you’ll have too many problems! Nolito is starting too so it’ll be good to see how he does, also it’s good to see you’ve gone for Artur in goal and not Eduardo (even If I do hate seeing the guy in a Benfica kit! :rolleyes: )

I’m also excited to see how Academica do this season but most importantly how Pedro Emanuel manages them! Hoping he does well for them and hoping one day he becomes our manager. I love Pedro!

I see Freddy Adu has gone back to America. To be fair to him he was barely given a chance at Benfica but then on his part when he played he was rubbish. At least you didn’t pay that much for him and only a couple million dollars.. so you didn’t lose much on him!

Did you watch Portugal in mid-week? I know it was just a friendly but Coentrao was great! He’ll probably never play as well again whilst he goes and takes a season sitting on the bench! Ah, stupid guy! Also, Hugos goal was a beast of a goal! Better than Portos last week!

Let’s go watch Benfica absolutely smash Gil Vicente now, but it’s nice to have them back in the Liga! And at least they get you guys and Porto out of the way in the first two games. Wahey, the start of the season begins!
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 419)

I don't know, I keep thinking there's a plateau point at which any further money doesn't really improve your quality of life, so I can't understand how you'd rather play for this noveau riche mess compared to a top club.

But then again, when you're a high net worth, super-rich, super-famous individual, you have a whole new world open to you which mere mortals cannot conceive, so maybe the money does make a difference on what he can get :dontknow:.

As harsh as this sounds, I'm going to feel a lot less sympathy for him if he complains about racist taunts.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
I don't know, I keep thinking there's a plateau point at which any further money doesn't really improve your quality of life, so I can't understand how you'd rather play for this noveau riche mess compared to a top club.

But then again, when you're a high net worth, super-rich, super-famous individual, you have a whole new world open to you which mere mortals cannot conceive, so maybe the money does make a difference on what he can get :dontknow:.

As harsh as this sounds, I'm going to feel a lot less sympathy for him if he complains about racist taunts.
Agreed. He has heard all about the racist stuff going on there. He has already been baldy affected enough in Slain and Italy.

I will still condemn the racism in Russia but I will have no sympathy for any directed at Eto'o.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Agreed. He has heard all about the racist stuff going on there. He has already been baldy affected enough in Slain and Italy.

I will still condemn the racism in Russia but I will have no sympathy for any directed at Eto'o.
Racism should be condemned at all times. Eto'o is not a money grabber, he is getting a nice pay day by going to Anzhi after all he does have family to look after.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)

There is no plateau point, he is 30 years old and has a chance to get a 50% pay rise by going to Anzhi only a mug wouldn't go.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
Racism should be condemned at all times. Eto'o is not a money grabber, he is getting a nice pay day by going to Anzhi after all he does have family to look after.
I think he could look after a family with 1/300 of what he got at Inter.
TM94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
:laugh:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.18%
No (675)
72.82%

Watched Threads