Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)
    Really ??! Oh I didn't know that !!! So that means I should have done btecs too cause I would have easily got a*s !!

Awkward it's a bit late now !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BTECs aren't always that easy though I flew through OCR Nationals Business because I was talented at Business and because of this I'm extremely disappointed to not be able to do Economics at College due to timetable clashes, I was writing pages of correct explanations without looking at the book and OCR Nationals ICT required a good amount of work.To add to this, BTEC PE required loads of hard work from me in after school sessions and i took work home and completed hours upon hours of PE work in my house and I still might not have got an A*- I should have got an A though definetley one of the harder GCSE courses I have done.

I found the source too:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1627099
    They even count a Distinction in ICT as an A* when its only an A for a single GCSE and an A* and an A for a Double GCSE so they obviously value the qualification.Considering Medicine is one of the most competitive courses this shows that BTECS/OCR Nationals are respected almost as much as GCSEs and a lot more than some TSR users would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    But, is it the Asian education system who is superior to ours? Or are the children better disciplined by there parents?
    In Asia people learn so much more though. My friend she's from Pakistan and she said that those things that we are learning in yr 10ish she learnt in year 8.
    But it all depends on how seriously u take education too.
    My dad had to learn all of the countries for his geography work so yh depends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DFTBApasta)
    After you get your results what do you do? do i just turn up at different sixth forms and give them my results????
    Your college/sixth form should have given you an enrollment time and date- I'm enrolling at 11.15 am on the 29th August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeb123)
    How did everyone think of the aqa maths unit 3 paper in June? Any grade boundries predictions?
    The paper was quite easy but I messed up the question about the square and just stated the perimeter algebraically-forgetting to think about the fact that two sides of a square have different algebraic expressions so therefore there will be a solution.

Fortunately,I only need 91/120 UMS for the paper to get an A* but I think I will have lost a decent amount of UMS because of this mistake and this may stop me getting a top 5 marks certificate.

Grade Boundaries will probably be A*-72/73 A-65/66 B-52/53 I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    I'm sure 63 is an A*, but wait until they come out to be sure

Jatz
    yeah 63 was an A* with the june 2012 grade boundaries (i was sooo surprised/happy) i just hope they dont change much..
    what did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arunthathy)
    Yea same, I got 57 marks which my teacher said was a grade A! But it all depends on controlled assessments now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah 57 would be an A with the june 2012 grade boundaries..well done!!!
    and i know i hope they havent been moderated down, my teacher didnt tell us our overall grade for our CA's..what percentage is the exam again? is it 40%?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really frightened to see what I got in Maths ! I revised a lot ❗

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's a pass grade on the Linear maths paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    How do you know your mark already?

well basically in the june 2012 AQA english language exam, the grade boundaries went super high so people expecting to get C's got D's and so on..
    i got a B for that one..
    the people in yr 11 back then got a chance to resit in november cuz lots of schools complained..

so we resitted in january 2013 and we get our raw mark (i got 63 which should be an A* with the june 2012 grade boundaries) but we dont know what grade it is because the grade boundaries havent been released..they want to release both the january 2013 and june 2013 grade boundaries at the same time, which i dont get!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the grade boundaries on a linear maths exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I did CIE and got
    English Language B (77%)
    English Literature B (76%)
    80% is an A

Is there point of remarking?
    What do top universities think of re sitting?
    Is re sitting a good idea? I don't want to put pressure on my AS

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    To take our minds off the impending results day, my friend and I played the Sims 3. My sim then proceeded to die in a fire. So much for that then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    To take our minds off the impending results day, my friend and I played the Sims 3. My sim then proceeded to die in a fire. So much for that then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Condolences...

To take your mind off your loss, me and some friends were playing a country simulation game, Bristol invaded China, India, the USA and Russia all at once, Bristol won. I'm slightly concerned...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not feeling too worried about results day, as I'm pretty confident I did well.
    Just praying I got my A* in maths

ReputationRep:
    I'm most nervous about English Language,

In the mock exam I got an A,
    In the first exam (the one that was covered all over the news because of the significantly lower grades), I got a D,

My controlled assessments are all C's and D's.

So passing English Language is really all down to getting a C/B in this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ava-)
    I'm doing those exact a-levels, but aiming for Medicine!
    Have you been agonising over choosing maths or not too?
    I know I don't need it but...
    Haha yea! There was one point where I was considering physics instead of psychology (Maths isn't my strongest subject) but then decided against it as I've realised that neither maths nor physics are really compulsory and it depends on the uni. Do you like maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History + Extended Project

How do you think you did in your gcses??

What uni's are you thinking of applying to?

Jatz
    Nice I can't really say, but I think there definitely are particular subjects that I did better in others. At the moment I'm interested in kings, Cardiff and queen's - how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammed1702)
    Anyone know the grade boundaries on a linear maths exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard the grade boundaries get released on the 21st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j1997)
    Good luck everyone! I'm bricking it for my results, my ex cheated on me in the middle of my exams , so I was distraught and couldn't concentrate in the last 5 or so (the fool I am) Very worried. Hope everyone gets what they wanted.
    My ex broke up with me and didn't even give me a reason 12 days before the first exam, and now he's just received amazing A-level results...loving life

ReputationRep:
    5 days left... has anyone made plans with their friends on Thursday?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.