Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Oh right ahah - In that case you didn't really miss out on anything
    What did you think of Wolfson house btw? I've heard a mix of comments about it
    It's pretty standard accommodation wise, but the huge benefit is being so close to Guy's campus. I think if you don't mind having a basic room and being on a corridor rather than in 'apartment style' buildings and you would rather be able to roll out of bed and into a lecture, it's the best place for you. Plus, it's one of the cheapest residences.
    Sadly I've had the experience of staying at Wilson House (Imperial residence) and it's not even one of the best halls but it's still so nice (everything is new). Bathrooms are shared between 3 people max.

Great Dover Street seems like a nicer set-up than Wolfson with the apartments, but again rooms are basic. The best thing about being in an apartment style block is that you actually get to know the people than you're in that apartment with properly. Sometimes with the corridor arrangement people can disappear off and you end up not really getting to know your neighbours as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    It's pretty standard accommodation wise, but the huge benefit is being so close to Guy's campus. I think if you don't mind having a basic room and being on a corridor rather than in 'apartment style' buildings and you would rather be able to roll out of bed and into a lecture, it's the best place for you. Plus, it's one of the cheapest residences.
    Sadly I've had the experience of staying at Wilson House (Imperial residence) and it's not even one of the best halls but it's still so nice (everything is new). Bathrooms are shared between 3 people max.

Great Dover Street seems like a nicer set-up than Wolfson with the apartments, but again rooms are basic. The best thing about being in an apartment style block is that you actually get to know the people than you're in that apartment with properly. Sometimes with the corridor arrangement people can disappear off and you end up not really getting to know your neighbours as well.
    What's the difference between apartment style and whatever wolfs on is? Thanks - the terms are confusing me slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh also, did anyone get to speak to any kings medics about how they are finding the course in general? I heard the teaching isn't that great? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    What's the difference between apartment style and whatever wolfs on is? Thanks - the terms are confusing me slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apartment style is where you'll have a 'cluster' of rooms sharing one common kitchen/living area type thing, whereas Wolfson House has simply rooms set along a corridor, with a kitchen and bathrooms, but no real communal space.

ReputationRep:
    In great Dover apartments, do we share bathroom and toilet facilities ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momberly)
    In great Dover apartments, do we share bathroom and toilet facilities ?
    En suite thus the very expensive price!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    En suite thus the very expensive price!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Callummj6747, which accomodation have you applies for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momberly)
    Callummj6747, which accomodation have you applies for?
    Wolfson (only as it's cheap) GDS and Julian Markham house are my top 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Besides gds and wolfson, does anyone know what other accomodation is nearby guys campus???

ReputationRep:
    When do we have to do Hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc999)
    Besides gds and wolfson, does anyone know what other accomodation is nearby guys campus???
    moonraker point is of a decent walkable distance to guy's campus but it is on the expensive side

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Minnerz)
    When do we have to do Hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Occupational health will sort it out when you get there, or you can get it done by your GP. I've already had mine done, took 7 months plus having antibodies tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Δεφιαντ1)
    Occupational health will sort it out when you get there, or you can get it done by your GP. I've already had mine done, took 7 months plus having antibodies tested.
    So there's no rush to do it before September ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no rush, as such. Kings won't kick you off the course for not getting a vaccine after you've earned your place, but it would save some time during registration if you sorted it out yourself - after all, it only costs £15 and a 5 min appointment with a nurse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chowkat)
    moonraker point is of a decent walkable distance to guy's campus but it is on the expensive side

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey - do you know roughly how long the walk is from moonraker to guy's? Is it about the same as GDS/ a little bit more?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On the post offer notes they sent us, didn't they mention something about filling in an occupational health questionnaire, which will be made available via the Portal around May? Maybe that's when we'd have to start thinking about sorting out vaccinations, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Hey - do you know roughly how long the walk is from moonraker to guy's? Is it about the same as GDS/ a little bit more?
    I've heard that it is slightly further than GDS (about 10-15 mins walk to guys campus?)

(Original post by Cephalosporin)
    On the post offer notes they sent us, didn't they mention something about filling in an occupational health questionnaire, which will be made available via the Portal around May? Maybe that's when we'd have to start thinking about sorting out vaccinations, etc.
    It says you should already be arranging vaccinations: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/health/study/gu...bs/step-5.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Any Malaysian or Singaporean firming Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It says you should already be arranging vaccinations: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/health/study/gu...bs/step-5.aspx
    But that's step 5 out of 6, with step 1 being enrollment & registration, which can't do until they send us our online details right? And in step 5 it says 'you should already have begun the process of arranging vaccinations'...I would have liked to have thought it would be clearly stated in our offer notes if we had to be arranging vaccinations now? Hope so anyway - I've been trying to put off thinking about vaccinations ahahah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.