Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Brighton score after 17 (yes, 17) seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Armstrong has scored again for Coventry hopefully he'll be ready for the premier league soon.

ReputationRep:
    Altrincham vs Grimsby, attendance - 1680, 825 away fans
    Kidderminster vs Wrexham, attendance - 2620, 1031 away fans

Cracking away followings for Tuesday night football in the Non-League.

I have a feeling after tonights result Wrexham should be very close to hitting the 5000 mark at the weekend too. Which would be great considering our budget relies heavily on home attendances.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take a point against Boro.

Not concerned in the slightest about 3 draws from 3. Our defence looks immeasurably better (the two goals we've conceded have both come from blocked or deflected shots - literally nothing anybody could have done about either). As for scoring goals, Chris Martin and co will click together eventually and we'll soon be banging them in.

In other news, we've had bids rejected for Jacob Butterfield and Michail Antonio. Not bothered if we don't get the latter but another CM is a must. HTAFC apparently want 5m for Butterfield though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Good to see Armstrong has scored again for Coventry hopefully he'll be ready for the premier league soon.
    Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be happy for cov to have him until may. Let him score more and gain confindence, bring him back next season hopefully he can compete for the first team.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hopefully not until May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That quartet of O'Brien, Maddison, Lameiras and Armstrong will do bits at third tier level. Good to see Fleck enjoying a renaissance, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    That quartet of O'Brien, Maddison, Lameiras and Armstrong will do bits at third tier level. Good to see Fleck enjoying a renaissance, too.
    The main issue I foresee is that our squad is quite small, which is good in terms of players gelling with each other, but a few injuries, particularly in midfield, and I think we're struggling. Key is to just get as many points on the board as possible before that happens.

As for Fleck, I think having Vincelot next to him is a massive help.

ReputationRep:
    Bradford off to a **** start to the season, since...the last one. Parkinson not looking too happy, the board conned the fans by saying this is the promotion season, so getting 18000 ST holders would be the way foward, however its just money for the board which they dont invest in the club !. Fans are strating to figure this out. The squad hasnt 'gelled' as if we're in school and they need to gel. At this moment in time promotion is miles away !!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thriller at Bury, but they can't rely on Leon Clarke. He scored his fourth goal in four matches, but was let down by his defence and they need to lighten the load on him. They are free-scoring, but they conceded four last night and really struggled under the pressure of Fleetwood.

ReputationRep:
    It's never boring supporting Leeds United. F*cks sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Bradford off to a **** start to the season, since...the last one. Parkinson not looking too happy, the board conned the fans by saying this is the promotion season, so getting 18000 ST holders would be the way foward, however its just money for the board which they dont invest in the club !. Fans are strating to figure this out. The squad hasnt 'gelled' as if we're in school and they need to gel. At this moment in time promotion is miles away !!
    How many STs did you sell?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christ, how many chances went begging at Molineux? Outrageous.

ReputationRep:
    How many STs did you sell?
    Roughly 18,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    It's never boring supporting Leeds United. F*cks sake.
    At least supporting them means you can take stress leave from work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    At least supporting them means you can take stress leave from work
    I suppose, hopefully it'll become a confirmed medical illness one day, then I can cash in big time on those days off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Roughly 18,000
    Jesus bloody Christ!

ReputationRep:
    Of course Bolton are going down. They hired a rancid, ginger moron as manager.

ReputationRep:
    Just came back because I had an argument on this thread last season after Burnley got relegated.

Can't remember who it was but he was quite adamantly saying that Burnley would still be pushing for promotion this season and that Ipswich wouldn't be able to carry on any sort of form in to the new season. The guy probably won't see this and I know it is early in the season but...

Ipswich 2 - 0 Burnley
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Somebody's got to come and raid QPR for Austin from the PL, surely.

He was instrumental - once again - in them getting a victory last night.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.