Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe we're in November already and should be hearing about interviews in three weeks' time! It seems like just yesterday I was submitting my UCAS!

Now they'll be the slowest three weeks of my life, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    So people who were doing the MLAT and ELAT left the exam room crying.. :/ I on the other hand acknowledge my failure in the MAT

Hope it went well for everyone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god the one guy doing an ELAT in my school felt alright about it haha

The HAT was okay, I'm just glad it's out of my hands now tbh

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se123888)
    Any Human Science applicants?
    I am! I was just wondering if you went to an open day how did they state they were using the TSA (is the a cut-off or are they just using it as something extra to get a better view of the candidates)?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Oh god the one guy doing an ELAT in my school felt alright about it haha

The HAT was okay, I'm just glad it's out of my hands now tbh
    Hahaha, yeah, this girl just couldn't take it!

Lol, I think I've completely failed the whole thing - especially after missing a whole 20 marks worth of questions hahaha.

Did you feel like your preparation helped?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, yeah, this girl just couldn't take it!

Lol, I think I've completely failed the whole thing - especially after missing a whole 20 marks worth of questions hahaha.

Did you feel like your preparation helped?
    Yeah actually, for once! Last year I did so much prep for my exams and it just felt useless on the day so it's nice to have actually done something productive

What about you?

How did that happen? There are other aspects of your application to make it for it and most importantly - nobody can guess how an exam went so dw so much. Not much we can do now haha

Tbf some people left the TSA and BMAT incredibly depressed
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah actually, for once! Last year I did so much prep for my exams and it just felt useless on the day so it's nice to have actually done something productive

What about you?

How did that happen? There are other aspects of your application to make it for it and most importantly - nobody can guess how an exam went so dw so much. Not much we can do now haha

Tbf some people left the TSA and BMAT incredibly depressed
    That's great to hear! I'm glad it didn't turn out horrible for you!!

Nah, my preparation was completely useless in that exam. I was not expecting having to write sooooo much, it was probably that which screwed my timing over. So once I got to the very end I couldn't even attempt the last question..

I'm not really worried tbh, quite glad that I gave it a bash regardless of what happened. Fairly certain of a preinterview rejection, anything other than that would be a surprise to the system hahaha

Aw darn, they probably did better than they thought. The only person doing the BMAT was a prospective grad entry medic!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else just feeling *okay* after their tests? I did the TSA and I don't feel as if I did amazingly well nor do I feel it was a disaster, and so I'm just sort of happy to have finished it. Now for an interview (pretty) please!

ReputationRep:
    The BMAT did not go well Bye bye Oxford :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    That's great to hear! I'm glad it didn't turn out horrible for you!!

Nah, my preparation was completely useless in that exam. I was not expecting having to write sooooo much, it was probably that which screwed my timing over. So once I got to the very end I couldn't even attempt the last question..

I'm not really worried tbh, quite glad that I gave it a bash regardless of what happened. Fairly certain of a preinterview rejection, anything other than that would be a surprise to the system hahaha

Aw darn, they probably did better than they thought. The only person doing the BMAT was a prospective grad entry medic!
    Aw thanks Don't underestimate yourself!

Writing in a maths test? ew sounds disgusting

My school has about 15-20 Oxford applicants (highest ever number for us ) but only like 10 had to sit any tests. So we had 4 TSA people (1 for Geog, 1 for PPE, 2 for E&M), 3 HAT, 2 BMAT (all for Biomed not Med), 1 PAT and 1 ELAT. A little bit of a mix
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    The BMAT did not go well Bye bye Oxford :cry2:
    Me neither, my friend exclaimed section 2 was really easy, and I was like nope. Also, I didn't finish the essay. All we can do is wait, and it will all be alright (atleast it is over😰)

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the HAT - challenging, but interesting too.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email this morning from my college saying they're looking through the applications now and were confirming with me if I'd be able to travel to the UK for an interview if they were to shortlist me (since I'm an international applicant). Eeepppp! I'm so nervous, won't be long until we all hear now!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here do the LAT part of the MLAT or know someone who did? I absolutely bombed it and would like some reassurance that it was as hard as I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underestimate)
    Me neither, my friend exclaimed section 2 was really easy, and I was like nope. Also, I didn't finish the essay. All we can do is wait, and it will all be alright (atleast it is over😰)
    Three weeks to wait now :lol: Results are on the 25th Nov, right? I'm just really really glad it's over now XD

ReputationRep:
    When do we get to find out our HAT results?

ReputationRep:
    The pat did not go well for me 😭 But I feel like it was actually an easy paper, I just couldn't do it 😞 i just hope I've scraped the pass mark! 😖 Well done to everyone else though, I hope you get interviews! Might see some of you there, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    When do we get to find out our HAT results?
    At my test centre we all had to sit together and the HAT people were told that their results won't be available online, the only chance to find out is to contact the college directly.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately after the BMAT today I don't think there is any chance I will be getting at interview at Oxford

I hope everyone else's admission tests went well though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    At my test centre we all had to sit together and the HAT people were told that their results won't be available online, the only chance to find out is to contact the college directly.
    Ah? I was wondering about this too. So does that mean if we want to know how we scored, we wait until we hear whether or not we're being called up for interview, and ask the college then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.