Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey good luck to you all tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    You are most welcome.
    What do you think about the dilemma I posted on the previous page or two?
    the guy thinking about applying for lse ppe?

ReputationRep:
    You are most welcome.
    What do you think about the dilemma I posted on the previous page or two?
    oh i see, the lse vs bath dilemma. I mean, it depends how important rugby is to you i think and how good you are, if you genuinely feel you could go far and get into the bath team then that is great. But i feel the career prospects from lse could prove more fruitful, at least in a financial sense in the long term. its a hard one and genuinely depends on whether rugby is the priority. Is there no more rugby team at lse due to previous incidents? I mean, for people who love rugby that is off, so at lse if you could spur the establishment of a new M1's rugby team and hold a place, that in combination w/ an lse degree would have you set for life. its a tough one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thestudent100)
    I'm already stalking it and lse's new instagram........... Haha it would hurt so much though to get rejected at this point i'm so used to waiting that i would probably be in shock for ten minutes when something changes in track D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lse has an Instagram account?? What's the name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    londonschoolofeconomics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    Imo 'lsesu' account is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    the guy thinking about applying for lse ppe?
    My dilemma

It is just about the rugby though. If I follow the conventional wisdom that your insurance choice has to be lower than your firm choice then it should be - firm Bath (A*AA) and insure LSE (AAA). Would I be mad in firming LSE (AAA) and insuring Bath (A*AA)? UCL at (A*A*A) is too much of a reach/risk so I can pretty safely discount that. Bristol could be a contender for insurance at AAA and I do not want to go to Cardiff so that is out. I prefer Bath over Bristol though so I get left with Bath and LSE.
    Something that confuses me is that earlier I am sure I read that if I wanted to and both Unis agreed then I could reject my firm choice and pick my insurance choice instead but just now I read that that is not possible at all.

ReputationRep:
    Imo 'lsesu' account is better
    Thank you ^ ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaisaisa)
    Has anyone emailed them to ask for more extensive feedback on why you were rejected?
    Wondering this too...

ReputationRep:
    Somehow strange to hear about university choices made based on the next 3 years instead of a whole lifetime ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone... I'm kind off the subject here, but it relates to some extent. I'm in a very tough situation and really not sure what's going to happen to me.

Last year on my UCAS application (2014) I missed out some qualifications not because they were bad but, I honestly didn't think it was necessary since I didn't get grades from them. ( not all of them anyway).
    As a result, my application was cancelled (during this time I had an offer from UCL to study politics and European studies) .... I was completing my AS/A2 in these subjects (sociology, government and politics, law & English Lang.&lit.)---- I knew there was no point in doing my exams any more as my application was cancelled and wasn't able to reply in that Ucas cycle, I felt like my life was over!! I worked so hard on my personal statement....

After some encouragement from my partner, around sept 2014 he said to give it another go it doesn't matter what happened it's in the past now. Another really good personal statement and made it in time for the January deadline)
    I applied for sociology this time as I just really grew to love the subject. I'm currently holding offers from LSE, UCL, ( I'm deciding between LSE & UCL(that's why I was on this thread)) SURREY and I have an interview from St Edmunds College (Cambridge) end of March. As a mature student, I'm 22yrs old.

Now, whilst completing my Ucas app for the 2nd time I was on the phone to UCAS religiously, asking this & asking that. The customer advise I had spoken to you told me as I no longer sat my exams in June 2014, I will not get a grade thus I don't have to include them and since I'm doing them all this year (( by the way I did sociology as love unit 1 & got an A back in 2011.... So much has happened to me personally that has just not helped me educationally)) and he said just put your best GCSE's down, more than 5, A levels I'm sitting and have results as pending... also he helped me how to include that I'm home studying etc. he also said just gave your referee include your predicted grades as your choices will use this towards their decision. And since you've already dealt with the omission of past qualifications with Ucas, they won't expect you to include them as you will be taking the exams for the same subjects anyway. I called another advisor to confirm this and she did.

But last night checking my mails... Ucas sends me a letter asking why I didn't include such and such qualifications, to write them a written explanation & they also included the declaration section of the application saying what I did could result in my application being cancelled!!

I don't know what to do. I need to call UCAS today, but I don't know if they're going to help me through this. Or should I contact my choices and explain to them the problem? Since they're offers are conditions that I achieve AAB & personal statement. I'm offer is not based on my past qualifications. Even cambridge is offering me an interview & for GCSE I didn't get anything above a B.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS I HONESTLY DONT LNOW WHAT TO DO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevee)
    Hey everyone... I'm kind off the subject here, but it relates to some extent. I'm in a very tough situation and really not sure what's going to happen to me.

Last year on my UCAS application (2014) I missed out some qualifications not because they were bad but, I honestly didn't think it was necessary since I didn't get grades from them. ( not all of them anyway).
    As a result, my application was cancelled (during this time I had an offer from UCL to study politics and European studies) .... I was completing my AS/A2 in these subjects (sociology, government and politics, law & English Lang.&lit.)---- I knew there was no point in doing my exams any more as my application was cancelled and wasn't able to reply in that Ucas cycle, I felt like my life was over!! I worked so hard on my personal statement....

After some encouragement from my partner, around sept 2014 he said to give it another go it doesn't matter what happened it's in the past now. Another really good personal statement and made it in time for the January deadline)
    I applied for sociology this time as I just really grew to love the subject. I'm currently holding offers from LSE, UCL, ( I'm deciding between LSE & UCL(that's why I was on this thread)) SURREY and I have an interview from St Edmunds College (Cambridge) end of March. As a mature student, I'm 22yrs old.

Now, whilst completing my Ucas app for the 2nd time I was on the phone to UCAS religiously, asking this & asking that. The customer advise I had spoken to you told me as I no longer sat my exams in June 2014, I will not get a grade thus I don't have to include them and since I'm doing them all this year (( by the way I did sociology as love unit 1 & got an A back in 2011.... So much has happened to me personally that has just not helped me educationally)) and he said just put your best GCSE's down, more than 5, A levels I'm sitting and have results as pending... also he helped me how to include that I'm home studying etc. he also said just gave your referee include your predicted grades as your choices will use this towards their decision. And since you've already dealt with the omission of past qualifications with Ucas, they won't expect you to include them as you will be taking the exams for the same subjects anyway. I called another advisor to confirm this and she did.

But last night checking my mails... Ucas sends me a letter asking why I didn't include such and such qualifications, to write them a written explanation & they also included the declaration section of the application saying what I did could result in my application being cancelled!!

I don't know what to do. I need to call UCAS today, but I don't know if they're going to help me through this. Or should I contact my choices and explain to them the problem? Since they're offers are conditions that I achieve AAB & personal statement. I'm offer is not based on my past qualifications. Even cambridge is offering me an interview & for GCSE I didn't get anything above a B.

I'm so sorry so much errors! I wrote it so quickly.... Hope you understand it though.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevee)

Contact UCAS as soon as possible! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hope today is the day for offers and rejections!! Already had one mock exam breakdown for lit this morning lol lets hope i'm not due a rejection breakdown this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    My dilemma

It is just about the rugby though. If I follow the conventional wisdom that your insurance choice has to be lower than your firm choice then it should be - firm Bath (A*AA) and insure LSE (AAA). Would I be mad in firming LSE (AAA) and insuring Bath (A*AA)? UCL at (A*A*A) is too much of a reach/risk so I can pretty safely discount that. Bristol could be a contender for insurance at AAA and I do not want to go to Cardiff so that is out. I prefer Bath over Bristol though so I get left with Bath and LSE.
    Something that confuses me is that earlier I am sure I read that if I wanted to and both Unis agreed then I could reject my firm choice and pick my insurance choice instead but just now I read that that is not possible at all.
    Ok now I see the issue that you can't firm LSE and insure with bath. I wouldn't discount the ucl offer unless you think it's is 100% unachievable. I agree that firming lse in this situation and insuring with a higher offer isn't the best thing to do so I think at the end of the day you're gonna have to pick one uni over the other and come to that decusion yourself. I think your options are firm UCL/insure Bath, firm UCL/ insure LSE, firm Bath/ insure LSE or firm LSE and put a choice you don't want to go to as insurance (sounds like you could quite easily make triple A though so in the last situation the insurance is irrelevant). It does seem a hard choice

ReputationRep:
    My dilemma
    Ok now I see the issue that you can't firm LSE and insure with bath. I wouldn't discount the ucl offer unless you think it's is 100% unachievable. I agree that firming lse in this situation and insuring with a higher offer isn't the best thing to do so I think at the end of the day you're gonna have to pick one uni over the other and come to that decusion yourself. I think your options are firm UCL/insure Bath, firm UCL/ insure LSE, firm Bath/ insure LSE or firm LSE and put a choice you don't want to go to as insurance (sounds like you could quite easily make triple A though so in the last situation the insurance is irrelevant). It does seem a hard choice
    I'm predicted A*A*A and could possibly get 3 A* so getting the grades is not that much of a worry, for now at least anyway. If you see the bit of my post that I have quoted above - that is what is giving me the problem. In a perfect world the offer from LSE would be A*AA and the offer from Bath would be AAA so I could firm LSE and insure Bath. If I somehow managed to miss the A* to go to LSE I would still end up going to Bath. I have lots of thinking to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted A*A*A and could possibly get 3 A* so getting the grades is not that much of a worry, for now at least anyway. If you see the bit of my post that I have quoted above - that is what is giving me the problem. In a perfect world the offer from LSE would be A*AA and the offer from Bath would be AAA so I could firm LSE and insure Bath. If I somehow managed to miss the A* to go to LSE I would still end up going to Bath. I have lots of thinking to do :confused:
    Yeah my parents were asking me about whether or not you could choose your insurance after getting grades etc and I genuinely dont know. If you can't then Yep, you have a lot of thinking to do but I guess the ability to pick LSE if it was your insurance is only giving you more time to make the decision between that and bath. Main thing you will still have to choose between is bath and LSE and that's gonna be a toughie. What course is it you are applying for again?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my parents were asking me about whether or not you could choose your insurance after getting grades etc and I genuinely dont know. If you can't then Yep, you have a lot of thinking to do but I guess the ability to pick LSE if it was your insurance is only giving you more time to make the decision between that and bath. Main thing you will still have to choose between is bath and LSE and that's gonna be a toughie. What course is it you are applying for again?
    i may be wrong but i think if you get the grades for your firm choice then you have to go there, or pull out of the UCAS system :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djsimpy)
    i may be wrong but i think if you get the grades for your firm choice then you have to go there, or pull out of the UCAS system :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm yeah, that's what I thought

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.