Geography - U
    Maths - C
    chemistry (additional science) - D
    Biology (further additional science) - C
    English - C
    R.E. - U
    French - C
    engineering - D
    Im really serious now and I have to get really high grades (want to study medicine). Is it too late? And if it isn't too late, how much work do I have to put in?
    Thankyou
    Time is running out, so I would suggest starting right now. Start by revising your year 10 work. It's half-term, so there is more time for you to sit down and revise.
    You will have to put in A LOT of work, but it will be worth it.
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_lofsuburbia)
    Time is running out, so I would suggest starting right now. Start by revising your year 10 work. It's half-term, so there is more time for you to sit down and revise.
    You will have to put in A LOT of work, but it will be worth it.
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks a bunch for the feedback. I will try as hard as I can to do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielBaranowski)
    Hi,
    In my mocks I got

Geography - U
    Maths - C
    English - C
    R.E. - U
    French - C
    engineering - D
    Im really serious now and I have to get really high grades (want to study medicine). Is it too late? And if it isn't too late, how much work do I have to put in?
    Thankyou
    Depends how much work you put into mocks, and how you normally preform in lessons...

Things like maths would be hard to get C-->A* in the time remaining, but it's possible I guess...

Do you think you did well in your CAs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Urgh, have french oral after half term. :mad: And we only had our mock like 2 weeks ago... Whyyy

When/what is everybody's last exam? Mine is latin literature verse on the 18th June... And we have a whole casual week in which to revise for it :confused:. Why can't they spread them out better...
    Wohey language speaking buddies! My German oral is on the Thursday, and my French writing is on the Tuesday before Last exam is geography DMT, 9th June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Wohey language speaking buddies! My German oral is on the Thursday, and my French writing is on the Tuesday before Last exam is geography DMT, 9th June
    Just out of interest, which exam board are you using for your language exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, which exam board are you using for your language exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I think most schools use them.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I think most schools use them.
    I'm looking forward to A level. Talking about something you're passionate about sounds really interesting! Plus this is the part where the sixth formers get really angry about "everything you've learnt in lower school is WRONG" wooohoooo hardcore German right oonnn:headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    mine is maths on the 8th.

though i start sometime in april for my practial exams becuase i do 2 arts, performing arts and music
    That sounds... scary (two arts! :eek:) Hope they go well.

(Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    this happened to me too! i ha almost a 2 week break to revise just for maths???? weird
    Ahaha The half term in the middle of my exams though.... So glad I have them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to A level. Talking about something you're passionate about sounds really interesting! Plus this is the part where the sixth formers get really angry about "everything you've learnt in lower school is WRONG" wooohoooo hardcore German right oonnn:headbang:
    I can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Ouch...? Hope they go well!

OMG so lucky! :mad: It's so annoying that mine is on the 18th - at my school, once your last exam is over, that's it - summer holidays for you! And the latinists will be just casually still stuck in 'study leave' begging to have the exam already...

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Ouch...? Hope they go well!

OMG so lucky! :mad: It's so annoying that mine is on the 18th - at my school, once your last exam is over, that's it - summer holidays for you! And the latinists will be just casually still stuck in 'study leave' begging to have the exam already...
    Hey!
    Ahaha ikr! The weird linguists are screwed mwahaaha. I'm not really looking forward to the holiday tbh I go on holiday and come back before my sixth form induction day. So much time not doing/aiming for anything might make me go slightly crazy! What have you chosen for A levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielBaranowski)
    Hi,
    In my mocks I got

Geography - U
    Maths - C
    English - C
    R.E. - U
    French - C
    engineering - D
    Thankyou
    Hiya! Sorry to hear about those results, but I don't see why you can't get those top grades.
    • For maths (I got a C in the mocks in December, did a past paper today and got an A overall. It can happen!) I HIGHLY recommend this website: https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/...akeaway/Select the topic you need to practice on, then double check the answers with your teacher to see if you're improving. Do as many past papers as possible, and always always always find out about the stuff you don't understand.

• Sciences, ever heard of MyGCSEScience? Last year for the core sciences I was an idiot and left the revising literally to the night before. His short yet informative videos saved me and I got a B overall. Sadly, you now have to pay for him
    • Languages (French buddies!), watch loads of French films, French YouTubers, listen to French music and read French magazines. Your school should supply them. If this grade is without your coursework, then you're probably doing better than you think. Ace the coursework. Honestly, languages are easy As in my opinion.

Its just about cramming everything in for GCSEs, write flash cards and plan all the units you need to revise. I've personally made a table of all the subjects I'm doing and I need to fill it up with past papers that I've done and include the grade. Plus, I've written out all the units I need to do for each subject. This way, I can do short revision but make it effective. No timing needed, just eventually tick them all off

I've only just realized how amazing and taken for granted teachers are. ASK them the questions, they'll adore it that you want help!

Sorry this was an essay, but if I'm improving (I'm not an aspiring doctor, so you're probs smarter than me anyway) than I'm 100% sure you can too Just teach yourself everything and abuse all this free time.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I keep trying to find the time to do a decent stint of revision/coursework/planning but life keeps getting in the way . Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I finally find the motivation, suddenly something's on, and we are going out or seeing family etc. It's so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    Looking at graduate dentistry schemes they all say "Biomedical science/health related degree." Does biology come under that? Not sure hm

ReputationRep:
    Who hasn't started revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    I keep trying to find the time to do a decent stint of revision/coursework/planning but life keeps getting in the way . Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I finally find the motivation, suddenly something's on, and we are going out or seeing family etc. It's so frustrating!
    I tried to make a revision timetable today but my computer crashed so I couldn't do it as I need it to be in a spreadsheet. So annoying!!!

(Original post by Rudimentary)
    Who hasn't started revising?
    I haven't. I'm spending this week planning it all out and maybe doing a bit before starting next week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do A level History (AQA) Maths (OCR) English Literature (OCR) and Physics (WJEC). Anyone on the same boards as me??

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR English literature (I think)

ReputationRep:
    That sounds... scary (two arts! :eek:) Hope they go well.

Ahaha The half term in the middle of my exams though.... So glad I have them.
    I think everyone gets half term off from exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.