Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Am I literally the only one doing anomalistic?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    45min!
    Thats cutting it too fine be careful, especially if a 10 marker or 6 marker comes up for research methods or it has a complicated stem. I think 40 minutes would be sensible and you might not even need that much anyway

ReputationRep:
    do we need to know 2 therapies and explanations in schizophrenia or can i just learn one for each?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    Nope
    I'd just like to take this time to pray to jesus because this topic is absolutely the worst

How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisahussain1)
    do we need to know 2 therapies and explanations in schizophrenia or can i just learn one for each?
    No you have to learn 2 for bio explanations and therapies and the same for psych

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    45min!
    how long are yours?! i can literally do mine in under half an hour (bare in mind i'm on a computer) but still, my essay's are only like 500 words:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Guys how important is spelling and grammer for unit 3, I dont want to keep banging on about it, but I was writing so fast, I think i made tons of grammer mistakes etc?
    I think SPAG marks are like 5 marks max and its gotta be pretty bad for them to deduct all 5

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to take this time to pray to jesus because this topic is absolutely the worst

How are you finding it?
    I actually like this topic since I prefer short application questions than 24 mark essays.

ReputationRep:
    for addiction is the highest marker we can get 10 or 12 marks? and how many researchers do we need for each? i hear 2 is enough?
    but loopa's essays have loads so i'm just checking...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    For my psya3 exam i used this website to plan and structure my essays:
    http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co.uk/ bc i found the whole loopa model answers a bit too much to fully understand. I'm doing Media and Schizophrenia and ofc research methods and was wondering if anyone knew of any places with model answers besides loopa?

Also, considering media is broken up into smaller questions how do you reckon i should go about revising it bc im planning to just go over schiz as if each topic was a 24 marker???

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Same for PSYA3 for schizophrenia and media I have no idea cause they're little questions probably flash cards 💁
    Schizophrenia can be 24 marks (not a little question).
    Media there are usually two 10 markers and one 4 mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    how did you revise for psya3?...

Took notes
    Made an essay
    Annotated essay
    Made flashcards from the annotated points
    Practiced flashcards over twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    hey sorry i havent been on, how did u find the exam?
    Hey! It was a decent paper I thought
    Except gender schema 🙄😑 but luckily I read some notes on it just in case so I was able to answer it!
    How did you find it xx

ReputationRep:
    For schizophrenia, do you think we need to know a number of psychological explanations (e.g. behavioural, cognitive, and socio-cultural factors) or just one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepdreaming-)
    For schizophrenia, do you think we need to know a number of psychological explanations (e.g. behavioural, cognitive, and socio-cultural factors) or just one?
    (Original post by keepdreaming-)
    explanations
    at least two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    Are you guys still doing the 24 markers for PSYA4 in 30 mins? I might give myself 35 or 40 minutes for each one tbh
    I get extra time because I have anxiety so spending an hour on each and 30 mins on research methods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    why is there no IDA for schizophrenia?

There is no A03 mark for this exam Beth..

ReputationRep:
    any one think clinical characteristics of sz will come up?

ReputationRep:
    at least two
    There are different explanations even within each overarching explanation...
    So for socio-cultural there are life events, family relationships, and the labelling theory. So would I still need both socio-cultural and cognitive?

ReputationRep:
    In media....
    Would we only get a 10-marker for just application questions? Also do we need to include studies in the application Q?

Am I right in saying 4 marks is only ever AO1?

And 4+6 is AO1 + A02/3 (use 3 studies? Is that okay? :/ )

Someone let me know if I'm right pls??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.