Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    You are probably the only person on this particular forum who thinks that grade boundaries are always fair and 'normalised'. People who believe education system is perfect are very unclear to me.
    I hope you got excellent results which reflect your effort and ability nevertheless, if that is anything to go by.
    A nearly identical proportion of people will get each grade on each paper. If you get a C in an exam it's because a certain percentage of the cohort did better than you, not because the grade boundaries were unfair.

Maybe next time if you practice more and better, you'll do better than those people.

My chemistry results were good thanks, I was really gutted about the 2 UMS I lost in the orgo paper though. But meh, orgo isn't my favorite even now.

However I didn't do so well in biology, because there were quite a few people who were better at it and worked harder.

ReputationRep:
    My son got 62/150 in F325 after feeling confident coming out of the exam, he was only 2 marks off of a U. He got a C overall and got accepted into his first choice uni so I suppose we should just accept it, but it is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi everyone :wavey:

Happy results day! How did Chemistry go for you?
    A few ums off an A*, getting a remark for f324 & f325 so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozziew)
    A few ums off an A*, getting a remark for f324 & f325 so fingers crossed!
    hey did u get ur remark back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    grrr so annoyed
    and...... 42 in the coursework
    267 A2 ums 89%

ReputationRep:
    anyone ever heard of anyone ordering a paper back and the grade changing? I dont plan on getting on getting a remark just worried as I'm still shocked I got a B in f324 when I was pretty sure I failed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    anyone ever heard of anyone ordering a paper back and the grade changing? I dont plan on getting on getting a remark just worried as I'm still shocked I got a B in f324 when I was pretty sure I failed it
    No, if you request a paper back then it will not even be seen by an examiner, just sent from OCR by email.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's worth going for a remark on f324 for 77/90
    I need 3 more ums for A*, how many raw marks would that be (roughly if exact answer isn't possible) and do you think going up is possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    I need 3 more ums for A*, how many raw marks would that be (roughly if exact answer isn't possible) and do you think going up is possible
    I need 3 UMS to get an A in chemistry and will be asking for a photo copy of two of my papers, and hopefully gain the mark scheme from a teacher to see if I'll be eligible for any more marks.

A rough estimate would be that you'd need to gain 2 raw marks to go up by 4 UMS, however you should check the grade boundaries just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    I think you got 53 raw marks? So not many to gain :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sadly 1 raw up gives you 2 ums, 2 gives you 4, 53 to 55 is unlikely but possible so worth a shot.

(Original post by postexamtalk)
    I need 3 UMS to get an A in chemistry and will be asking for a photo copy of two of my papers, and hopefully gain the mark scheme from a teacher to see if I'll be eligible for any more marks.

A rough estimate would be that you'd need to gain 2 raw marks to go up by 4 UMS, however you should check the grade boundaries just to make sure.
    I was told by our school that if we asked for a photo copy it would only arrive AFTER the deadline for remarks specifically so you can't look at it and ask for a remark. It seems a bit ridiculous they'd do that tho and no idea if that's right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    hey did u get ur remark back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet haha, it's not a priority one as I'm already in my firm choice, hopefully its back by the end of August/mid September though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    You are probably the only person on this particular forum who thinks that grade boundaries are always fair and 'normalised'. People who believe education system is perfect are very unclear to me.
    I hope you got excellent results which reflect your effort and ability nevertheless, if that is anything to go by.
    I think F324 and F325 grade boundaries were "fair", since the exams were easier than average (I'm saying that after having done all the past papers)
    I practiced chemistry every day, I analysed every past paper and I have learnt all the mark schemes, and I got an A*, so if you work hard enough, you'll get the grade you want no matter what the boundaries are. Moreover, I think most of the maths grade boundaries were fair as well (in some cases I actually predicted higher boundaries lol)
    Having said all this, I think there are many things wrong with our education, it is so far from perfect..

However, the coursework was a joke, it's very unfair to lose 6 UMS for 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megafidget)
    Sadly 1 raw up gives you 2 ums, 2 gives you 4, 53 to 55 is unlikely but possible so worth a shot.

I was told by our school that if we asked for a photo copy it would only arrive AFTER the deadline for remarks specifically so you can't look at it and ask for a remark. It seems a bit ridiculous they'd do that tho and no idea if that's right...
    That's not correct for my school. On the letter about EAR's it specifically mentions to ask for a PHOTOCOPY of the paper by this Wednesday so the paper arrives in time to consider a (not priority) remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postexamtalk)
    That's not correct for my school. On the letter about EAR's it specifically mentions to ask for a PHOTOCOPY of the paper by this Wednesday so the paper arrives in time to consider a (not priority) remark.
    Sorry yeh just checked mine and only the script comes too late, photocopy is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    I think F324 and F325 grade boundaries were "fair", since the exams were easier than average (I'm saying that after having done all the past papers)
    I practiced chemistry every day, I analysed every past paper and I have learnt all the mark schemes, and I got an A*, so if you work hard enough, you'll get the grade you want no matter what the boundaries are. Moreover, I think most of the maths grade boundaries were fair as well (in some cases I actually predicted higher boundaries lol)
    Having said all this, I think there are many things wrong with our education, it is so far from perfect..

However, the coursework was a joke, it's very unfair to lose 6 UMS for 1 mark
    p r e a c h
    f324: 77/90
    f325: 148/150
    f326: 42/60
    can't believe how hard I failed the coursework, left me 3 ums shy of A* in this subject *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    p r e a c h
    f324: 77/90
    f325: 148/150
    f326: 42/60
    can't believe how hard I failed the coursework, left me 3 ums shy of A* in this subject *sigh*
    I'm sorry about coursework, 36/40 should've been realistic for an A and then every mark lost would've been 3 UMS
    although you can't entirely blame it on it, can you. you could've done better on unit 4, it was so much easier than last year.

ReputationRep:
    Got copies of my f324 and f325 scripts back to see if its worth getting a remark. Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme or know where i could find one to check if i could go up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjf321)
    Got copies of my f324 and f325 scripts back to see if its worth getting a remark. Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme or know where i could find one to check if i could go up??
    I think only way is by asking a teacher to access the mark scheme via Interchange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    I think only way is by asking a teacher to access the mark scheme via Interchange
    Cheers, I asked my teacher to take a look at them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.