The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
What would people choose between Citi & Nomura for markets?? Also, has anyone got any ideas on how technical a Perella Weinberg final round interview would be??

Citi by miles for markets.
Original post by Princepieman
Citi by miles for markets.

i agree in terms of prestige, just enjoyed who i met at nomura today a bit more - made culture seem better plus not being in cwharf is a plus
i agree in terms of prestige, just enjoyed who i met at nomura today a bit more - made culture seem better plus not being in cwharf is a plus

it's not a prestige issue bro.
always take the place which is doing better.
Reply 4223
Original post by aledered
Ahum so, CS just rejected me :frown: poorest numerical test out of all my apps, fully deserved it. Still got some hopes for JPM and Nomura (hope=5% chance lol), otherwise, I will have to wait next autumn full-time internships in my country...

Just a quick question: do you think the GMAT influences a lot? Like, same as academic background, or a 700 score should let you go places in IBD?

Ah sorry to hear that, When did you do your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwith
Easier questions but too many of them!
SHL is super-easy in my opinion, don't worry about it.

Didn't you find the test really long? I was not able to finish the verbal part, 49 questions in 12 minutes! Did someone hear back?

Ah, it wasn't based on prestige. Citi genuinely just has a stronger markets platform due to their balance sheet.

But up to you though, my friend said similar things about Nomura and he's taking them
Has any done the UBS AC for corporate client solutions?
I have it tomorrow and I am wondering how technical it is..
Original post by gsbs2
I have no idea, but it would not surprise me, the test was the impersonation of Lucifer

Haha geez! Thanks for your reply man

Why don't you like Canary?

Canary Wharf can get a bit stale but it's a lot better than where Nomura's situated...
Original post by athrowaway
Canary Wharf can get a bit stale but it's a lot better than where Nomura's situated...

you're just out here going outside and ****, teach me pls
Is there an e-mail which I can contact to reach the EMEA Credit Suisse recruitment team? Would really appreciate this
Original post by gr8wizard10
you're just out here going outside and ****, teach me pls

I have no idea what you just said haha
still nobody heard of anyone that's been invited to MS IBD AC?
Original post by athrowaway

Bruh Nomura over looks the shard and Thames. Would much rather have that than artificial CW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aledered
Ahum so, CS just rejected me :frown: poorest numerical test out of all my apps, fully deserved it. Still got some hopes for JPM and Nomura (hope=5% chance lol), otherwise, I will have to wait next autumn full-time internships in my country...

Just a quick question: do you think the GMAT influences a lot? Like, same as academic background, or a 700 score should let you go places in IBD?

Ah sorry to hear that about CS. Mind if I ask when you applied/completed their tests?
What kinda salary and bonus can you expect at a boutique like gleacher shacklock in your first year after graduation?

Is £45k-£50k base salary likely?
Reply 4237
Original post by gman888
What kinda salary and bonus can you expect at a boutique like gleacher shacklock in your first year after graduation?

Is £45k-£50k base salary likely?

Not sure about gleacher specifically but US MM boutiques usually pay at or above market. So yes, your range is likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diegodiego
Yes summer s&t internships, why??

lol brilliant...
Reply 4239
I had two Phone Interviews for MS, Summer S&T, test completed on September the 4th. Since I had one interview on Friday and one yesterday, I am wondering whether it is all first round or not (I guess so but when I asked the second interviewer about what's next he answered "I think next step is AC) plus I was interviewed by two EDs, I am not sure if this happens all the time but I was expecting Analysts/Associates. :biggrin:

Final question to those who had phone interviews with MS: do you know how long do I have to wait before they say whether I have access to the next round or not ?

The interviews for S&T are quite technical of course so review your FI/Derivatives/Equity stuff :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest